Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

Just now, Danger said:

In my county, I believe about 96% of the deaths came from LTC facilities. PA, NY, and NJ are all very high proportionally with this because of poor decisions made my respective governors on the matter of requiring LTC facilities to accept recovering patients back into their premises.

What was the better alternative solution?

45 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I missed the "propoganda" part of this whole thing and went right to the CDC website so maybe I missed how this was spun. But what exactly does it matter what the comorbidity is?  Are you trying to say that since most of the comorbities are common that it doesn't matter?  Wouldn't we want all the facts?  Once again, I am ignoring the propaganda angle of this and trying to understand what you are saying here because it sounds like you are saying that if I am healthy and you have high blood pressure we should be viewed the same on a health scale. 

I'm going to address the propaganda part because it's the one that's making me upset. Essentially, the tweet provided misinformation and implied that only 6% of the 180K Covid deaths were actually from Covid, which is not what the CDC is saying. And it's why we're having this ridiculous debate right now on comorbities.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Require their families to take them assuming they have families to go back to. There had to be better options than that. Even if you get a completely new complex in the state exclusively for LTC patients recovering from COVID. The way they approached it was just the absolute worst way to go about it. You're essentially putting the most vulnerable people in the crossfire and it's just a farm for the disease to go wild at that point. I'm not the most critical, but we need to look back and learn that in the future, we need to protect the most vulnerable groups, rather than treating everyone the same.

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

In my county, I believe about 96% of the deaths came from LTC facilities. PA, NY, and NJ are all very high proportionally with this because of poor decisions made my respective governors on the matter of requiring LTC facilities to accept recovering patients back into their premises.

Yup, such a damn shame.  And I get when we were in the beginning and knee deep in this thing no one really knew what to do yet but those decisions still do not make sense. 

23 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Then you ignored the entire point of the post for the sake of misinterpreting my post.

What exactly was the point of the post then?  Just to hate on the propaganda angle, ok fine you accomplished that.  You still said things that I am trying to understand how it invalidates people looking at the data without a colored lense and seeing it for what it is. 

I am asking you what I think is a simple question, do you think a person having "common" or as you put it, dull comorbitities should be viewed the same as someone who is healthy?  

19 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Hey, right on. Hopefully I get less stupid one day, I guess.

It’s not stupid. I think you’re just making the mistake of extrapolating very rare circumstances and applying it to the current overall deaths. Could there be a situation as you described? Sure! But I would say it’s also canceled out by other Covid deaths that go unreported.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I'm going to address the propaganda part because it's the one that's making me upset. Essentially, the tweet provided misinformation and implied that only 6% of the 180K Covid deaths were actually from Covid, which is not what the CDC is saying. And it's why we're having this ridiculous debate right now on comorbities.

You shouldn't let it upset you honestly, not worth it.  I can see how that is 100% misleading, but isn't it also misleading to just say the total # of deaths without any context of those who died?  

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Set up field hospitals and actually use them, use vacant convention/hotel space to isolate patients, help the nursing facilities get ready for an influx of COVID patients.  Easy to sit here and second guess months later, but I'd like to think smart people run these states/institutions and could have at least tried something better than "just send them back".  

6 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

You shouldn't let it upset you honestly, not worth it.  I can see how that is 100% misleading, but isn't it also misleading to just say the total # of deaths without any context of those who died?  

I mean we know since the beginning that people who are older or have underlying health problems are more at risk of dying from Covid. I think the CDC providing even more details about it should not be used to spread even more misinformation. That’s the part that pisses me off. For example, my niece has asthma. If Covid is the reason she died, she would be included with the 94% of those with comorbities.

Edited by Xenos

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

Require their families to take them assuming they have families to go back to.

Is this a joke?  You can’t force one person to care for another, that’s not how this works.  You can’t be forced to care for another person against your will, or theirs.

There had to be better options than that.

Such as?

Even if you get a completely new complex in the state exclusively for LTC patients recovering from COVID.

How quickly do you expect to build and staff these places? Most LTAC/rehab places have issues with staffing as is. There aren’t a slew of nurses, aides, etc looking for work.

The way they approached it was just the absolute worst way to go about it.

Still waiting for a viable better alternative.  Just saying “there has to be one” doesn’t make it so.

You're essentially putting the most vulnerable people in the crossfire and it's just a farm for the disease to go wild at that point. I'm not the most critical, but we need to look back and learn that in the future, we need to protect the most vulnerable groups, rather than treating everyone the same.

I mean, yeah, everyone knows this.  No one likes it, but a better solution isn’t out there right now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Set up field hospitals and actually use them, use vacant convention/hotel space to isolate patients, help the nursing facilities get ready for an influx of COVID patients.  Easy to sit here and second guess months later, but I'd like to think smart people run these states/institutions and could have at least tried something better than "just send them back".  

Who’s staffing these places?

There are a myriad of other solutions to prevent the vulnerable groups. I pointed out just two. There are plenty of far better solutions, even if there isn't a perfect utopian one. Plenty of other states didn't suffer from mass death from a majority of LTC fatalities. 

It was a foolish decision, but it was one that had to be made quickly. We've had time to think it over, there are plenty of other options. Look at how other states have done it. I haven't dug knee deep into the details of how states without this problem have dealt with it, but they have dealt with it.

Just now, Xenos said:

I mean we know since the beginning that people who are older or have underlying health problems are more at risk of dying from Covid. I think CDC providing even more details about it should not be used to spread even more misinformation. That’s the part that pisses me off. For example, my niece has asthma. If Covid is the reason she died, she would be included with the 94% of those with comorbities.

Well like I said, you shouldn't let it piss you off because the world is always going to have people who spread things to the detriment of others. It sucks that it happens, but it ain't going to change. 

• Like 1

You’re a conspiracy person, aren’t you?  I’m getting that sense by you ignoring the dozen posts I made, then disingenuously interpreting one of them and giving me Ben Shapiro questions based on those misinterpretations.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who’s staffing these places?

Volunteers, retirees, the thousands who were unemployed, reach across the country and put out offers for people to come to hot spots and work just like they did for the trauma level.  I get it would not be a well oiled machine, but you really don't think they could have attempted something?  Can you honestly say they did everything they could to help protect everyone?