Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

2 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Volunteers,

I’m not aware of that many trained individuals who are willing to volunteer that kind of time.

retirees,

Put a bunch of geezers around covid patients?  Oof....

the thousands who were unemployed

of the thousands who are unemployed against their will, most aren’t licensed healthcare professionals.

, reach across the country and put out offers for people to come to hot spots and work just like they did for the trauma level. 

Did?  *Are still doing.  I still get offers for 3-10k a week all over the country.   This isn’t a past tense thing.

I get it would not be a well oiled machine, but you really don't think they could have attempted something?  Can you honestly say they did everything they could to help protect everyone? 

Who is they?  

• Like 1

I went through the interaction, and I don’t know how to be any more clear.

I listed common comorbidities that account for most of the data and present complication, but are not the exaggerated, deadly picture being presented by others.  So, essentially I said “not all combordities are equivalent to ******* cancer,” and the responses I get are “all comorbidities matter” and “oh, so you think there is no difference between perfect health and these comboridities you listed???”

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

You’re a conspiracy person, aren’t you?  I’m getting that sense by you ignoring the dozen posts I made, then disingenuously interpreting one of them and giving me Ben Shapiro questions based on those misinterpretations.

No, I am a common sense person, but thank you for assuming.  I find the way you talk to people in this thread extremely condescending but I guess I should not be surprised. 

Yea I read your comments, one 1 of them actually had substance, and made sense, and then you went and made it seem like comorbitities shouldn't matter when looking at the data.  No one argued against you when you said most illnesses carry with it 1-2 commodities, it is rarely just one thing. But are you saying that 1 thing doesn't matter?

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not aware of that many trained individuals who are willing to volunteer that kind of time.

Just because you don't know anyone that means they couldn't have asked?

Put a bunch of geezers around covid patients?  Oof....

I am literally just spit balling ideas, maybe you switch it up, younger personnel in hospitals staffed COVID only and people who are more "monitoring" but COVID negative go elsewhere with elder staff.  I don't even know if that's feasible for a hospital or nursing home, probably isn't when you include equipment. 

of the thousands who are unemployed against their will, most aren’t licensed healthcare professionals.

Not everyone who mans a hospital is licensed either, from an admin/support level you could have found the resources.  Yes from there, finding medical personally would be tough. 

Did?  *Are still doing.  I still get offers for 3-10k a week all over the country.   This isn’t a past tense thing.

Past tense thing here for my wife so once again, just because it isn't for you doesn't mean it is for everyone. 

Who is they?  

Governors of the states I mentioned, NJ and NY.

9 minutes ago, SwAg said:

I went through the interaction, and I don’t know how to be any more clear.

I listed common comorbidities that account for most of the data and present complication, but are not the exaggerated, deadly picture being presented by others.  So, essentially I said “not all combordities are equivalent to ******* cancer,” and the responses I get are “all comorbidities matter” and “oh, so you think there is no difference between perfect health and these comboridities you listed???”

I didn't say all comorbities matters, hell I didn't even disagree with you, I asked a question because the post didn't make sense.  

20 hours ago, SwAg said:

That was the point I was trying to make with the anecdote about declining health with age.

Do you know someone with high blood pressure?  Low blood pressure?  Respiratory issues?  Diabetes?  On a monthly medication?  Alzheimer’s?  Crohn’s disease?  Stomach ulcer? Digestive issues?  Overweight?

Well, then, they would be counted in the comorbidity, and not in that 6% that died from exclusively COVID.  And those types of common health issues constitute an overwhelming majority of the comorbidities listed.

It’s not this dramatic picture of emaciated people on death’s door that represent 95% of the comboridities.  It is much more dull, like blood pressure issues.  The cancer / 400 lb / murdered by Derek Chauvin / etc. are outliers.

That’s how ridiculous this argument is.  It is some person took the transparency data, misread it, made a meme, and the pandemic-truthers ran with it.

How does this not make sense?

> Referencing a previous post as an introduction, which had a point of, “not all comorbidities are typically life-threatening, and the data on COVID demonstrates that if you read it.”  This is the post immediately before that post.

> Break down the reference point further and show the layperson what is encapsulated in the comorbidity data that is not typically fatal, in contrast to what the propaganda would have you infer about comorbidities.

> Specifically explain that if the patient has any pre-condition or other issue, even if COVID causes that condition, the patient would not be in the 6% statistic.  The patient would be listed in the comorbidity section.  Thus, the 6% point is massively flawed.

> Summarize the above: not all comorbidities are equivalent.

So, I have no idea what the miscommunication is if you’re being genuine.  I’m not saying anything about having “just one comorbidity,” or making a comparison to x-amount of comorbidities relative to perfect health in an attempt to redefine a “new normal,” or anything.  I’m pointing out how flawed of a statement it is to dismiss 94% of the fatalities because there was a comorbidity, when nearly all of the comorbidities in the data are common pre-existing conditions, or issues that COVID is known to cause.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

Just because you don't know anyone that means they couldn't have asked?

lol ok.  They could have asked for volunteers.  Or people could have just volunteered in hospitals, but here I am getting offers....

I am literally just spit balling ideas, maybe you switch it up, younger personnel in hospitals staffed COVID only and people who are more "monitoring" but COVID negative go elsewhere with elder staff. 

Younger staff have elderly parents or kids, etc.. not everyone wants to work a covid unit.  Most people work in a specific area of healthcare for a reason.  Also, fwiw, LTAC and SNF are two of the least desirable jobs for many people.

I don't even know if that's feasible for a hospital or nursing home, probably isn't when you include equipment. 

It’s not...

Not everyone who mans a hospital is licensed either, from an admin/support level you could have found the resources.  Yes from there, finding medical personally would be tough. 

finding janitors and office staff doesn’t mean much if you can’t find the people to actually do the work.  Skilled staff was always the limiting factor, just like in NYC in March.  Beds can be built, staff is harder to find, ESPECIALLY long term (more than a travel assignment).

Past tense thing here for my wife so once again, just because it isn't for you doesn't mean it is for everyone. 

I mean, if she’s licensed in states where people are needed, it’s not past tense.  I have roughly 2 dozen state licenses for my job, which is not normal, most have one, maybe 2, but it’s not abnormal either.

Just because your wife isn’t getting emails/offers doesn’t mean we’re past the issue (as a country)

Governors of the states I mentioned, NJ and NY.

Governors can only do so much.  Most healthcare spending/budget comes from the federal level.

Look, I’m not trying to be negative here, but there’s a reason why these things aren’t implemented. If “build more, hire more” was all that had to be done and there were no other factors, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
5 hours ago, Danger said:

Require their families to take them assuming they have families to go back to.

Is this a joke?  You can’t force one person to care for another, that’s not how this works.  You can’t be forced to care for another person against your will, or theirs.

Plus you know. The average cost of a nursing home is about $80,000 a year, and about $47,000 for assisted living facilities. Families wouldn’t be spending that type of money if they were actually capable of caring for those people. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'm surprised nursing homes aren't better equipped to isolate people.  It seems like an infectious disease running through a nursing home would be a pretty big risk even when there isn't a pandemic going on

You can isolate them all you want from each other, but they’re going to have the same CNA’s, RN’s, LPN’s, PT, OT, etc.  

• Like 1