2020 NFL Draft

BZski

Okwara..hmmm... Does fit as the pass rusher we needed. 

I remember Patricia being asked about the Senior Bowl. He said that it helped clear up the players they don't want as much as the players they do. Makes me wonder about Gallimore. I saw an article he wrote to NFL GM's. 

3 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Like this is one of the guys I thought of when I said there are guys who can help the pass rush but not help the pass rush, you know what I mean?

Decent value for him if you go by conventional wisdom.

He's a lot bigger than Baun. He was given a 1st round grade other than his injury. Could be a steal for us if he stays healthy. 

• Like 1

Dang. Lewis was a guy I felt like teams could plug in at RG day 1 and be fine with. Seattle just made a solid pick I think. Stil leaves Josh Jones available though. Idk what teams aren't seeing in this kid but I think he can easily handle his own at RT. 

Okwara was projected to be a first-round pick following an outstanding junior season in which he led the Irish defense with 12.5 tackles for loss and registered eight sacks, which tied with Jerry Tillery - a 2019 first round pick - for first tops on the squad.

The Charlotte native was credited with 61 quarterback pressures by Pro Football Focus in 2018, which was the seventh best total in the nation.

Okwara wasn’t nearly as impactful as a senior, making just seven tackles for loss and five sacks in nine games. His season was cut short when he broke a bone in his leg in the ninth game of the season. Prior to the injury his play against the run took step back and his pass rush production was well behind his junior-level production.

Okwara fills a massive need as the Lions generated the least-threatening pass rush in the NFL last season. Pro Football Focus was high on Okwara when he was on the field, giving him a 90.4 pass-rush grade before his season-ending injury.

Wasn't on my list for the pick, but I don't hate it. Fits the mold of they want at LB

Edited by ManeLine
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

Your comment about his first round grade has made me do a bit more reading about him. It could prove to be a very good pick.

It was an analyst, maybe PFF, that talked about him as a 1st round guy pre-injury. Now that he's a Lion it came back to me and gives me some hope. 

• Like 1