2020 NFL Draft

BZski

6 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

i liked our draft. we may have had the best draft in the NFC North???  i didn't pay attention to the Vikes draft.. the pack and bears draft was ehh at best from what the grades im seeing they got 

I would honestly put us 1st and Vikes 2nd. I thought they did pretty good.

Loving the drama in GB

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

for what its worth Thor Nystrom snap grades over at rotoworld. gave bears  C Packers F Lions D and Vikes A+

Gave us a D huh? I cannot disagree more. For the first time in Quinns history as our GM, he didnt make any picks where we though "what the hell"? On top of that, we hit all positional needs selecting players with a defined role IMO. This was the best draft we have had in years I would say.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lionized said:

Top CB
Top HB
Top 5 Edge
Top 5 Guard
Top 5 DT in run defense
High ceiling WR
OG hasn’t given up a sack in two seasons
A utility back
A waiver 5 tech who might make the roster.

To optimistic or real? Thoughts and why? 

I think this is accurate. I think Huntly was drafted to be a slot, but will probably see time in the backfield as well.

1 hour ago, BarryTheBest said:

Gave us a D huh? I cannot disagree more. For the first time in Quinns history as our GM, he didnt make any picks where we though "what the hell"? On top of that, we hit all positional needs selecting players with a defined role IMO. This was the best draft we have had in years I would say.

I fairness, one of those “what the hell picks” ended up being pretty damn good. The jury is Still out on another. That long snapper in the 5th though...

• Like 1

My favorite thing about this draft is that only two OGs were off the board when Quinn traded up to select Jonah Jackson, a player that they had a chance to get to know at the Senior Bowl. They clearly believed that he was the best remaining player at the position. (Only three OGs were selected between Jackson and Stenberg, and they also got to know Stenberg from the Senior Bowl. Nine OGs were drafted between Stenberg's selection and through round 6.)

I'm glad that they seemed to have gotten "their guys". It removes excuses from the table.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Lionized said:

Top CB
Top HB
Top 5 Edge
Top 5 Guard
Top 5 DT in run defense
High ceiling WR
OG hasn’t given up a sack in two seasons
A utility back
A waiver 5 tech who might make the roster.

To optimistic or real? Thoughts and why? 

That's a bit optimistic on some of those, I think. I particularly don't think that we nabbed a high-ceiling WR. He just doesn't have the athleticism to be a top guy. 

Overall the draft was alright to me. Not great. I would've preferred some other players, as I thought that the offense was already quite good and the defense horrible, but good talent overall. 

• Like 1