College Football 25

Ty21

9 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

So I finally got to play CFB25 and here are my takeaways (I have it on Varsity with specific sliders):

- The kicking sucks.  Its not even with the meter bc on Varsity the meter is easy its just the arrow lining up the kick. Its totally different that Madden bc its confusing. There is no clear lining up the arrow towards the goal post. As a result I have missed a ton of easy kicks. 

- The tackling is so hard. I already have a hard time on defense thus I dont play defense I just play offense but when I had to tackle on my very first punt return I missed and the CPU ran it back for a TD. 

- The playbook plays look like crap. I like the Madden play viewing better. Its the same plays too but it just look whacky so when Im trying to find a play I like I just have to try my best to not get confused with how alot of those plays look on the screen as I try to choose one.

- Recruiting so far has been confusing. I have yet to have anyone commit to me (LSU), and I have hours so when the soft/hard sell becomes available it keep saying I dont have enough hours to do so. Again I have plenty of hours so I dont know why it wont let me sell soft or hard. Im currently waiting to see how these visits go. Hopefully I can get some to commit to me afterwards. But so far the recruiting has be confusing but I know Ill get the hang of it eventually. 

-Outside of what I just mention the game is pretty much like Madden in terms of just the play itself. Granted Ive only played three games in my dynasty mode with LSU. Ill see more of the game as the season(s) goes along. 

I'm glad you mentioned the bolded part.  It took me halfway in the season to finally get recruits.  I was wondering what I was doing wrong.  Most of my targets had me (Houston) at the top of their list and I still lost them to other schools.  I finally started getting commits when the official visits came.  I also found out that each week you can remove "actions" each week since each prospect has hours to work with each week.  I was trying to hard/soft sell recruits but it wouldnt let me cause I already had hours alloted to them.  It was annoying having my targets at QB go to other schools when I was at the top of their list.  I need a QB badly since Donovan Smith is a Sr.  I might just utilize the transfer portal in the offseason to get a starting QB.  

Edited by Texansfan713

58 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I'm glad you mentioned the bolded part.  It took me halfway in the season to finally get recruits.  I was wondering what I was doing wrong.  Most of my targets had me (Houston) at the top of their list and I still lost them to other schools.  I finally started getting commits when the official visits came.  I also found out that each week you can remove "actions" each week since each prospect has hours to work with each week.  I was trying to hard/soft sell recruits but it wouldnt let me cause I already had hours alloted to them.  It was annoying having my targets at QB go to other schools when I was at the top of their list.  I need a QB badly since Donovan Smith is a Sr.  I might just utilize the transfer portal in the offseason to get a starting QB.  

Yeah I lost some prospects already but I don’t know how high I was on their lists. I do know there are some top prospects at QB, OT, CB, WR, OLB, and MLB that have me at the top or close 2nd on their list with visits coming soon. Hopefully I can get them to commit.

I was looking at a video YouTube someone breaking down an effective way to get a lot of recruits to commit even at a smaller school. So I’m sort of trying that approach but with LSU who should have a way easier time plus I created a coach with recruiting as his main thing. So I’ll see how that goes. 

32 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

@MikeT14 @Justone2 Thank y’all. I’ll have to make sure I pay attention to those things bc I was looking at the total hours not the hours for that specific prospect. 

It took me a while to figure some things out too. You’re not alone. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I lost some prospects already but I don’t know how high I was on their lists. I do know there are some top prospects at QB, OT, CB, WR, OLB, and MLB that have me at the top or close 2nd on their list with visits coming soon. Hopefully I can get them to commit.

I was looking at a video YouTube someone breaking down an effective way to get a lot of recruits to commit even at a smaller school. So I’m sort of trying that approach but with LSU who should have a way easier time plus I created a coach with recruiting as his main thing. So I’ll see how that goes. 

If you don't mind sharing the video that would be great.

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It took me a while to figure some things out too. You’re not alone. 

Yeah I knew before I even got the game that recruiting would be intimidating to me and it would take me awhile to figure it out. I didnt want to let the CPU do it for me. I wanted to do recruiting myself so yeah I think we all will get better and better at it as we keep on doing it and figuring out what works for us. It also depends on what school we have too. What school are you playing with? Im assuming Virginia Tech, right?

Edited by stl4life07

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I knew before I even got the game that recruiting would be intimidating to me and it would take me awhile to figure it out. I didnt want to let the CPU do it for me. I wanted to do recruiting myself so yeah I think we all will get better and better at it as we keep on doing it and figuring out what works for us. It also depends on what school we have too. What school are you playing with? Im assuming Virginia Tech, right?

Nah.... doing a Buffalo and up one now. I'll do a start at VT one at some point, but generally I like to work my way to them.

So I did two years at Buffalo and then got an offer to go to Indiana which I accepted. Just wrapped up my first season there. 

2024 2024
Buffalo Bulls HC MAC Top Recruits Position Stars Natl. Ranking
Wins 6   Bobby Terrell K *** 680
Losses 7   Deshaun Kennedy TE *** 895
Conf. Championship     Brian Kush S *** 938
Bowl Game 68 Ventures Bowl vs. Louisiana L Alfonso Barmore C *** 1148
      George Nwagbuo DT *** 1227

2025 2025
Wins 6   Evan Boutte ATH *** 1141
Losses 7   Kyrie Golditch TE ** 1873
Conf. Championship     Christian Blade DE ** 1943
Bowl Game Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl vs. Utah L Josh Battles T ** 1950
***Left for the Indiana Hoosiers after the 2025 season.***
    Alex Daniels T ** 2127

2026 2026
Indiana Hoosiers HC Big 10 Top Recruits Position Stars Natl. Ranking
Wins 7   Charles Wade G **** 107
Losses 6   David Mingo C *** 444
Conf. Championship     Alex Liggins QB *** 530
Bowl Game Valero Alamo Bowl vs. BYU L Jesse Chickillo DT *** 544
      Jeremy Napier LB *** 626

35 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Nah.... doing a Buffalo and up one now. I'll do a start at VT one at some point, but generally I like to work my way to them.

So I did two years at Buffalo and then got an offer to go to Indiana which I accepted. Just wrapped up my first season there. 

2024 2024
Wins 6   Bobby Terrell K *** 680
Losses 7   Deshaun Kennedy TE *** 895
Conf. Championship     Brian Kush S *** 938
Bowl Game 68 Ventures Bowl vs. Louisiana L Alfonso Barmore C *** 1148
      George Nwagbuo DT *** 1227

2025 2025
Wins 6   Evan Boutte ATH *** 1141
Losses 7   Kyrie Golditch TE ** 1873
Conf. Championship     Christian Blade DE ** 1943
Bowl Game Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl vs. Utah L Josh Battles T ** 1950
***Left for the Indiana Hoosiers after the 2025 season.***
    Alex Daniels T ** 2127

2026 2026
Indiana Hoosiers HC Big 10 Top Recruits Position Stars Natl. Ranking
Wins 7   Charles Wade G **** 107
Losses 6   David Mingo C *** 444
Conf. Championship     Alex Liggins QB *** 530
Bowl Game Valero Alamo Bowl vs. BYU L Jesse Chickillo DT *** 544
      Jeremy Napier LB *** 626

Ok thats nice. I see what you are doing. You are starting at a smaller school and working your way up to the bigger ones. Thats an interesting challenge. 

Im working my way through my first season with LSU. I scheduled some big time recruits to the Ole Miss game then accidentally simmed it. I lost and as a result those recruits signed else where one of them signed with Ole Miss. So Im upset at myself to say the least. But I did bounce back on the road beating Arkansas and had three big time recruits commit to me. One was a QB and the other was a LT so Im happy about that. I have some of my other recruits scheduled for a visit when I host Alabama Week 11. 

• Like 1

A little tip for the transfer portal for anyone to hasn't noticed yet. Generally as far as ratings go players in the transfer portal should be rated 1 star higher than high school prospects. For example, a 3 star player in the transfer portal will attributes more akin to a 4 star high school prospect, a 4 star transfer will be more like a 5 star high school prospect, etc...

Took me a while to catch that.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2024 at 9:29 PM, rob_shadows said:

The simming in dynasty mode is atrocious, was doing a Michigan dynasty and about 5 years in the team was a 94 overall, easily the best roster in the country and went 7-5 🤣.

Like I can see having the occasional upset happen in the game just like real life but 5 of them in one season is a bit much... It seems way too random when you sim games.

I've still been enjoying the game but there is definitely work to do.

Poor sumulation also kills immersion in Madden, and is a big reason franchise will likely remain broken, because its ALWAYS an issue.

Disappointing to hear its an issue in this, too.

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Poor sumulation also kills immersion in Madden, and is a big reason franchise will likely remain broken, because its ALWAYS an issue.

Disappointing to hear its an issue in this, too.

EA Sports could care less about realistic career modes. They could have fixed their simulation formulas a long time ago and hired PhD’s in Computer Science with Simulation as their research focus. EA loves to cut corners, and make an ungodly amount of money at the same time. 

• Like 1

The only way for a realistic franchise is have cpu vs cpu every single game, never any sims, and have 15 minutes + correct sliders. 

No one has time for that, though lol. I’ve attempted it multiple times, but getting past Week 3-4 is a challenge. Just too many games.