FFMD ll 20’ - Denver Broncos Front Office

Scoundrel

1 minute ago, BroncoBruin said:

Jeremy Chinn, Amik Robertson and Davion Taylor is a really fun group of high level, versatile athletes to develop on defense. I might have gone the safe route and picked Bachie but I like the pick. 

My afraid Bachie turns out into another Josey Jewell. I think it is time to gamble on a rare speed player.

Hindsight being 20-20, I'd probably have popped Duvernay before Fotu - as the DPJ/Gandy-Golden picks went, that was a signal that the last high-ceiling WR's were coming off the board.    Or DPJ ahead of Robertson.  

Nothing against Fotu/Robertson, but the WR depth was one to mine before CB/DL IMO.    Something to keep in mind when we see other drafts - once your target tier of WR's starts to go, catch the back end of it.

It's still a good result for the most part, but if ppl felt we should double-dip into this insane class, the flip side to letting the guys slide is to recognize when the back end of the last tier you want to still mine starts going.    If ppl didn't want a 2nd high-end WR, no worries, but if you did, it's a useful exercise to project looking back for the next one...

• Like 1

Hindsight being 20-20, I'd probably have popped Duvernay before Fotu - as the DPJ/Gandy-Golden picks went, that was a signal that the last high-ceiling WR's were coming off the board. 

We were quite wary of Duvernay's tight hips. He can get chunks on designated screen type plays, but as a deep threat he is a burner only who needs to be wide open. He doesnt highpoint and fight for the ball well and his catch radius is pretty tiny. My comparison to him was Antwan Goodley, similarily built and did well at the combine but a guy that really isnt good when the ball is in the air and had a small catch radius. 

Or DPJ ahead of Robertson.  

I am so much higher on Amik than DPJ that this didnt even cross my mind. 

We understood that the WR depth was unique, but we didnt want to force picks. Amik and Bartch were guys that we saw as top-5 positionally (Batrch at OG) and after them the board just didnt fall our way at WR in R4. 

We will get another WR at some point, but Rome wasnt built in a day. Alot of these picks take into account the window opening in 2021, and ideally we land a big WR FA to compliment Sutton and Jerry next offseason. 

BTW, draft so far w/ 2020 role projection and beyond:

1.13 Jerry Jeudy WR - Starting WR2

2.46 Jeremy Chinn S - 50-60% S snaps / Eventually replaces Jackson

3.77 Amik Robertson CB - Competes w/ Bausby for CB2 / Eventual CB2

3.83 Ben Bartch OL - Starting RG / Potential to replace Bolles or James 2021

4.118 Leki Fotu NT - 30-40% NT snaps / Eventually replace Purcell

4.133 Davion Taylor ILB - ST Ace / Eventually replace Todd Davis

29 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

3.77 Amik Robertson CB - Competes w/ Bausby for CB2 / Eventual CB2

CB3 probably. Don't forget Callahan.

Elway also went with more offense in FA than I've expected. I'm not sure we are going Offense, Offense, Offense IRL. 

Duvernay is a nice player, but what really much more he brings to the table than a WR we can get at 181? (This question is not directed to BF2010)

Edited by BowserBroncos

@Cutler06 @BroncoBruin @broncos_fan _from _uk

"Sources" say a deal between the Browns and Broncos never materialized.

"The Drive" Peace/Closure was not possible via a trade agreement and we Browns fans will thus continue to walk the Earth as ghosts seeking closure unable to cross over to the peaceful land of football fandom bliss and rest. That is of you all's doing. We needed it your help. Shame on you.

@BowserBroncos Dalton Keene is going to get wild in the pros. Great pick. Great sleeper.

But more seriously though It's all good to see things differently.

As we know, various draft value indices are approximation metrics and tools created by people to help human beings in different groups come up with a common currency/language of value exchange in the NFL Draft.

Some trade charts take into account historical data while others focus more on other factors.

All in all, the value is that year's draft specific based on the fall off of talent and based on potential targeted player groups. Based on our collective discussion of this year's draft pool, there is a steep fall off in talent after about the mid-point of the 5th round and that's for most position groups.

So, those that think that was unequitable value exchange in that trade proposal that's one perspective of valuation and certainly understandable one, but not in my estimation the absolute as close terms give or take a pick or player to the one proposed could be a more equitable exchange.

Either way, good internet distraction times. It's all good.

The only question I have is What torn ACL Big Ten TE will John Elway draft next?

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 3

Get out of here with that fancy pants laywer speakin. 

JK, we simply found a better deal. 

The only question I have is What torn ACL Big Ten TE will John Elway draft next?

If your not a Big Ten 10 TE with an overrated early career and average athletic traits to begin with, and subsequently get a torn ACL, then we dont want you in the middle rounds. 

• Like 1