Draft szn rumors

bucsfan333

3 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think Cards and Jags are the most likely trade-up partners for the Falcons...

Agreed, really curious when the first WR goes, I think that will cause a team to come up .  It s a deep WR pool, but from what I have read the big 3 are a tier above everyone else.  Does Denver want to get ahead of Vegas as an example?

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Honestly, that's irrelevant...

Cool story for him, but it doesn't sway me to draft him over another RB. You'd think being that smart he'd learn how to hang onto the football better...

Well it's not irrelevant whatsoever, but if you want to say it doesn't make a difference to you, personally, then ok. 

19 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Well it's not irrelevant whatsoever, but if you want to say it doesn't make a difference to you, personally, then ok. 

How so? Do you really believe teams care that RB had the opportunity to go to Harvard for academics? It's a nice feel good story and bodes well for his character, but probably about a .01% chance that would be a deciding factor in taking a guy...

Most teams in NFL don't even want to give RB's a 2nd contract, so highly doubt that holds much weight in their decision to draft...

1 minute ago, indifference said:

bro if we get Trent Williams I’m going to shed a tear of joy...so bucs are going to be in cap hell?

Since they don t use signing bonuses at all. no.  However, to bring in a big salary like Williams, a big salary has to go along the oline.  Similiar to my contention after the Gronk trade.  A big salary in at TE, one has to go.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Since they don t use signing bonuses at all. no.  However, to bring in a big salary like Williams, a big salary has to go along the oline.  Similiar to my contention after the Gronk trade.  A big salary in at TE, one has to go.

Jansen can see the door, move Marpet to C and draft a G r3. Trent Williams is elite and has plenty of football left. Bucs really must want a top 4 OT but know they cant get one OR their using this as leverage to bring the price down on a trade up.

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

How so? Do you really believe teams care that RB had the opportunity to go to Harvard for academics? It's a nice feel good story and bodes well for his character, but probably about a .01% chance that would be a deciding factor in taking a guy...

Most teams in NFL don't even want to give RB's a 2nd contract, so highly doubt that holds much weight in their decision to draft...

I can guarantee you teams care about intelligence, work ethic, and good character. Of course talent trumps all. But, it's a nice plus side to have those qualities as well. And personally I value good character. It's great for the locker room and team chemistry. 

56 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Take it for what it's worth given the source, but...

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports that there's a "distinct possibility" O.J. Howard still lands in New England. That scenario is still "very much alive" according to La Canfora.

So the Pats are gonna trade down from the first round (as they do) and trade us the second they receive.