Draft szn rumors

bucsfan333

16 hours ago, ravishingone said:

The uber talent is getting worn very thin.  Top 2 WRs gone in the last 2 games and he is invisible.  His ability to catch is just not good enough, and his route running will not be good.  Getting him moving in a straight line either with a seam route, or some type of shallow cross, that is where he is effective.  I would rather see Brate on the field more for Brady.  His hands are so much better for the middle of the field catches Brady likes.  

This TE class is really bad.  I would move him for a second or as the main asset to move up in the first round, I m good.  I do believe Howard was shopped at the deadline, so I doubt the staff went back on rewatched all the games and came away saying OJ was really good last season.  If the offer is below a 2nd, I l ll probably want him kept.  

The had a solid rookie season, he was terrible last year. He's going into his 3rd year now and IMO, year three is when you can truly gauge what you have in a draft pick. I'm not ready to give up on him...

Like I said, if they want to move him I'm not gonna loose sleep over it, as we have a legit starting calibur TE in Brate ready to roll. However, I'm not giving away an asset when his value is down. That's just a bad business move...

If we can get a mid to high 2nd rounder or better, a quality player for player swap, or as you suggested use him in a package to move back into the 1st I'm fine with that. Anything less than that is head scratching...

33 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

The had a solid rookie season, he was terrible last year. He's going into his 3rd year now and IMO, year three is when you can truly gauge what you have in a draft pick. I'm not ready to give up on him...

Like I said, if they want to move him I'm not gonna loose sleep over it, as we have a legit starting calibur TE in Brate ready to roll. However, I'm not giving away an asset when his value is down. That's just a bad business move...

If we can get a mid to high 2nd rounder or better, a quality player for player swap, or as you suggested use him in a package to move back into the 1st I'm fine with that. Anything less than that is head scratching...

He s going into yr 4.  His 5th yr option has to be picked up or not.   He hasn t shown to be worth over 6 million.  So if this is what OJ really is which is a decent blocker with questionable hands and a guy who has a limited route tree now is the time to trade him.  

He has value right now just because of the perception to keep him.  Uber talented and under utilized.  This is the TE class which they could get maximum vslue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

He s going into yr 4.  His 5th yr option has to be picked up or not.   He hasn t shown to be worth over 6 million.  So if this is what OJ really is which is a decent blocker with questionable hands and a guy who has a limited route tree now is the time to trade him.  

He has value right now just because of the perception to keep him.  Uber talented and under utilized.  This is the TE class which they could get maximum vslue.

Agree with everything 

And I'll add that regardless of If he balls out or stinks this year , we wont be able to keep him either way

3 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Agree with everything 

And I'll add that regardless of If he balls out or stinks this year , we wont be able to keep him either way

We'll have ~$80M in cap space. And a bunch of guys we can cut with no dead money.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ravishingone said:

You're right, not sure why I thought it was year three. That's error on my part...

I think we're ultimately on the same page here, in that we wouldn't bat an eye to see him dealt, but we better be getting proper return. No reason just to move him to move him, as it does no good in cap relief...

I guess we'll see what teams think of his value, as if we deal him for anything less than a 2nd it'll be a waste IMO...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

We'll have ~$80M in cap space. And a bunch of guys we can cut with no dead money.

80 MM will shrink up fast

1. Barrett - 16-19 million 

2. Godwin - 17-20 million 

3. Vea - 10-12 million 

4. David - 10 million 

Plus, I still question if OJ is just an athlete or can he actually play football. If the Bucs have that concern, trade him. I think Brady will prefer Brate over Howard, whos a better football player. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

80 MM will shrink up fast

1. Barrett - 16-19 million 

2. Godwin - 17-20 million 

3. Vea - 10-12 million 

4. David - 10 million 

Plus, I still question if OJ is just an athlete or can he actually play football. If the Bucs have that concern, trade him. I think Brady will prefer Brate over Howard, whos a better football player. 

Possibly add C Davis and Whtehead who they could choose to extend because they would be eligible.