FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Would we use Bucannon as a hybrid safety? Certainly doesn't have the size that they want at LB.

I guess we could try and trade either Fulgham or Wiggins/Aboushi for him. Our OGs would be Bredeson/Benzschawel on one side and Garnett/Wiggins (or Aboushi) on the other. We still have additional depth bodies at C/OG.

Yes, I'd look at him at the hybrid position. He's a former 1st rounder with physical talents. Hasn't ben very good for the last two years but they've got him playing ILB. For a veteran minimum, it's worth it to me adding a guy that has been successful in the league at a high level before. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Yes, I'd look at him at the hybrid position. He's a former 1st rounder with physical talents. Hasn't ben very good for the last two years but they've got him playing ILB. For a veteran minimum, it's worth it to me adding a guy that has been successful in the league at a high level before. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patriciatraina/2019/10/22/giants-sign-linebacker-deone-bucannon-a-primer-on-what-he-brings-his-projected-cap-cost-and-more/#30492717e099

Solid tackler, good locker room guy, solid blitzer. Not great in coverage although he has had a history of success with takeaways in the past. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Would we use Bucannon as a hybrid safety? Certainly doesn't have the size that they want at LB.

I guess we could try and trade either Fulgham or Wiggins/Aboushi for him. Our OGs would be Bredeson/Benzschawel on one side and Garnett/Wiggins (or Aboushi) on the other. We still have additional depth bodies at C/OG.

My htoughts were more so, I doubt we could get a 6th for Fulgham, since he was a 5th last year that did nothing in the league.  A 6th rd WR would have one more year of control and similar or more "potential".  

I am really not high on Buchannon.  he has bounced around the league, and seems like another cut candidate who will have trouble finding a job in the NFL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/patriciatraina/2019/10/22/giants-sign-linebacker-deone-bucannon-a-primer-on-what-he-brings-his-projected-cap-cost-and-more/#30492717e099

Solid tackler, good locker room guy, solid blitzer. Not great in coverage although he has had a history of success with takeaways in the past. 

• Bucannon - 217 Box Snaps in 2019; 11 DLine; 15 Slot Corner (55.0 DEF; 56.1 RunDef; 54.0 Tackling; 60.0 PassRush; 54.9 Coverage)
  • Killebrew - 51 DLine Snaps, Box 25 Snaps; 5 Slot Corner (49.6 DEF; 43.5 RunDef; 69.8 Tackling; 52.3 PassRush; 54.9 Coverage)

Green = better than Killebrew; Orange = same as Killebrew; Red = worse than Killebrew

Maybe a better comparison is JRM

Jalen Reeves-Maybin - 247 Box Snaps; 23 DLine; 13 Slot Corner (54.5 DEF; 63.6 RunDef; 60.6 Tackling; 65.9 PassRush; 49.5 Coverage) 

JRM>DB in every area but coverage. 

DB's best game came against the Dolphins in Week 15 (with the Giants) 74.2 OVR with 82.1 Tackling Grade and 74.6 Coverage grade. 

45 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Since we took Bredeson at #92, Shane Lemieux, Solomon Kindley, Nick Harris, Calvin Throckmorton, Damien Lewis and Jonah Jackson have all been selected. I think we did well to trade down and still land him, considering the run that took place over the following 30ish picks.

Agreed.

13 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Damn. A couple of guys that I liked are off the board:

- Duvernay

- Golden-Gandy

- Fotu

I really think Fotu would look good on this D Line.  He's one of my favorite prospects for Detroit. But I say that about every Big Ugly so take it for what its worth.

• Like 1

Greetings from a similar amazing, joyous desolate, miserable gray skies wasteland city known as Cleveland, Ohio.

We seek a potential trade partner for our #157 Overall Pick (11th Pick in the 5th Round aka near 4th Round Pick).

Currently, it seems that you all pick 28 spots after that at 185 followed by 186. You then have a pick at 199,

Our contingent wanted to know if you good beautiful gray sky midwestern fellows would be open to trading 157 and other draft/player considerations for 185, 186, and 199.

We're open to your ideas and thoughts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Greetings from a similar amazing, joyous desolate, miserable gray skies wasteland city known as Cleveland, Ohio.

We seek a potential trade partner for our #157 Overall Pick (11th Pick in the 5th Round aka near 4th Round Pick).

Currently, it seems that you all pick 28 spots after that at 185 followed by 186. You then have a pick at 199,

Our contingent wanted to know if you good beautiful gray sky midwestern fellows would be open to trading 157 and other draft/player considerations for 185, 186, and 199.

We're open to your ideas and thoughts.

Ha. Quite the sales pitch.

I don't want to rule it out, but we're doing a sleeper draft game (thing) with our 6th and 7th round picks. As is such, I believe we'll be standing pat with those picks.

If you are seeking a Fulgham, we have one in the back that may interest you. Lightly worn. Good price.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I don't want to rule it out, but we're doing a sleeper draft game (thing) with our 6th and 7th round picks. As is such, I believe we'll be standing pat with those picks.

If you are seeking a Fulgham, we have one in the back that may interest you. Lightly worn. Good price.

I'm not opposed to taking a look at things when we get closer to the pick and see who is on the table there. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Lol .. Ah yes...  the elusive Fulgham.... I believe I sought that once (see below)

On 1/6/2019 at 3:51 AM, Mind Character said:

Sleepers I believe In to watch:

Travis Fulgham,WR Old Dominion  - Quincy Enunwa type quick twitch, fluid, and explosive mover. Strength and quickness after the catch and instincts to high point are good. Shows up as a special combat catcher more often than not, but lacks natural catch instincts and the route understanding to use savvy to gain separation.

Khalen Saunders, DT Western Illinois - Quick burst, destructive quick hand technique, has natural instincts to anchor and shed to make advanced run stops.

Ahh... January 2019.... it was a simpler time... it was the best of times; it was the worst of times .... we were young then.

Well... sounds like I was wrong as you lot may be sending off a Fulgham for a bag of lukewarm half eaten doritos.

Probably will have to pass as it sounds that he didn't "sit up straight and respect the process" during team meetings. I don't know if we want that type of guy in the locker room.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2