FFMD II ‘20 - Detroit Lions Front Office

TL-TwoWinsAway

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

Nobody likes 103? Honestly I haven’t scouted him but was planning to get around to it.  Seems to be a guy people are all over the place on. I’ve seen him go at the top of the 2nd a few times

With Niang gone seems 5 and 140 are the obvious targets.  I’m not familiar with 42 , 98 , 16 or 65 yet. I’ll try to put a little time on them tonight if I have time

He's on my list.

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Based on that I think we should be looking at #64 and/or #16 as guys that can firm up a positional group. I still like #43 for where he would fit. Somewhat eliminates #62 as he seems to be a similar player. 

120 and 136 could really hammer home the position and fit the style of player system is looking for.  In real life I have a feeling 89 is going to be the Lions wtf way to early pick

71 and 91 are also guys who should be considered based on talent 

Edited by BigC421/

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In addition: I have nothing against the thought of moving Vaitai inside, if that makes sense with our draft targets. That may be a good look for him.

I've thought about this as well, but would his contract indicate that is not the plan for him?

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

With Niang gone seems 5 and 140 are the obvious targets.  I’m not familiar with 42 , 98 , 16 or 65 yet. I’ll try to put a little time on them tonight if I have time

If you liked Niang (as did I), you should check out #98... very similar. #42 could move Vaitai inside strengthening our OL.  I feel RB and IOL are our two biggest holes remaining, so I am focusing there before we have to wait awhile to pick again.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bishop86 said:

If you liked Niang (as did I), you should check out #98... very similar. #42 could move Vaitai inside strengthening our OL.  I feel RB and IOL are our two biggest holes remaining, so I am focusing there before we have to wait awhile to pick again.

I will definitely check him out ,  gonna snuggle up with the iPad and some big uglies tonight

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

I've thought about this as well, but would his contract indicate that is not the plan for him?

Interestingly, Vaitai's contract would tie him for 9th in the NFL for OGs, and was for $2M per year less than Glasgow signed. (It's a rather team-friendly contract as well.) 

• Like 2

Any interest in moving Marvin Jones Jr. for a future pick? It could look good: we get something from him instead of just losing him to FA and seem to have a few WRs that can compete this year.

In a season like this, I don't think we can afford to trade away Marvin without getting current year picks. Even then, I don't think the Lions would do it. We don't need the cap space and he's a reliable, veteran option. 

The only way I would consider it is with an off-setting trade for another vet WR that is either a) younger and/or b) cheaper of similar quality. 

For the sake of this game exercise I’d have no problem trading him if someone offered proper value.  Real life with the way the trade deadline is becoming increasingly active I’d think he’d be more of a deadline guy if the season wasn’t going right.  Especially with this wr class I don’t envision anyone being desperate enough to pay the same toll someone making a push and short handed would at the deadline 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

In a season like this, I don't think we can afford to trade away Marvin without getting current year picks. Even then, I don't think the Lions would do it. We don't need the cap space and he's a reliable, veteran option. 

The only way I would consider it is with an off-setting trade for another vet WR that is either a) younger and/or b) cheaper of similar quality. 

Yeah, definitely. In real life, I don't think there's a chance that we move on from him. Adding Aiyuk makes the position quite a bit deeper, but, again, moving him really isn't a 'plus' decision.

What if a team offered a future 2nd round pick? 3rd? Do we have a price?

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway

If someone offers a 2nd i would have to take it.  He’s a 1 year rental at this point.  We’d still be good at wr and our rookie would now get more reps but still not be asked to come in and do to much.  Finishing with a strong draft this year while adding extra 2nd and 3rd rd picks next season sounds good to me

Edited by BigC421/
  • Like 1

Yeah, definitely. In real life, I don't think there's a chance that we move on from him. Adding Aiyuk makes the position quite a bit deeper, but, again, moving him really isn't a 'plus' decision.

What if a team offered a future 2nd round pick? 3rd? Do we have a price?

I would have to see who we're looking to replace him with before even really entertaining it TBH. If we made a trade for Corey Davis or John Ross, then I would be on board with that. Younger guys with potential still with a year to go on a contract, etc.