FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Strnaud got picked 141.

2CPnZBm.gif

-----------

With Strnad off the board, then Devin Asiasi, TE UCLA would be the pick as the best player available in the draft by a die margin in my opinion.

Also, means that the trade downs that didn't materialize wouldn't have been worth it anyway either given the players that have gone off the board in the last 20 picks.

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

2CPnZBm.gif

-----------

With Strnad off the board, then Devin Asiasi, TE UCLA would be the pick as the best player available in the draft by a die margin in my opinion.

Also, means that the trade downs that didn't materialize wouldn't have been worth it anyway either given the players that have gone off the board in the last 20 picks.

Waiting to hear the last trade offer, though I think it's dry anyway. I'd be fine with Asiasi here. He'd be solid value (I expect he'll go 4th/5th) and a nice hedge for Njoku and needing depth on a two-TE system).

• Like 1

Last chance for people to discuss:

TE Devin Asiasi - Can run block and catch. Would be a very solid TE3 option who could grow into a TE2 by 2022. (our current TE3 is Ricky Seals-Jones, so a pass catcher but bleh blocker)
CB Kindle Vildor - Shorter for a boundary CB so I'm guessing he'd be primarily slot. ++ Leadership guy. Great work ethic and on-field presence that teammates gravitate toward. Very well rounded and played up to his competition when challenged this year.
S/SCB Geno Stone - Has a serious X factor in his quick processing and instincts, truly special in the way he anticipates plays. Smaller guy but plays big. Would be depth at S/Slot his rookie year while being an instant ST contributor.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Last chance for people to discuss:

TE Devin Asiasi - Can run block and catch. Would be a very solid TE3 option who could grow into a TE2 by 2022. (our current TE3 is Ricky Seals-Jones, so a pass catcher but bleh blocker)
CB Kindle Vildor - Shorter for a boundary CB so I'm guessing he'd be primarily slot. ++ Leadership guy. Great work ethic and on-field presence that teammates gravitate toward. Very well rounded and played up to his competition when challenged this year.
S/SCB Geno Stone - Has a serious X factor in his quick processing and instincts, truly special in the way he anticipates plays. Smaller guy but plays big. Would be depth at S/Slot his rookie year while being an instant ST contributor.

Asiasi would be my clear choice at this stage in the draft though I'm down for whatever the group is down for.

6 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Update:

1.08 Jedrick Wills OT

3.14 Netane Muti OG

3.16 Troy Dye LB

3.17 Jack Driscoll OT/OG

3.27 Antonio Gibson WR/RB/ST

5.11 Devin Asiasi TE

**Justin Evans S**

**Te'von Coney LB**

'21 5th

Solid, Good draft; Nice Trades.

Muti's the biggest risk pick who's talent is tantalizing, but medical flags worrisome. In real life if that pick happened, I'd be worried and excited at the prospect of him being healthy.

The complexion of this draft looks much different if we didn't get sniped with Robert Hunt going a pick before ours. A lesson learned during my first FFMD that team forum's watch other forum conversations and are involved in this thing as they watch players and have favorites as intently as our forum.

Getting Jedrick Wills for what we did was a stunner as was turning lemons with Grant Delpit into lemonade. To come out of that with Robert Hunt, would've been an all time move but it just wasn't meant to be.

Ultimately, the strategy of attempting to fix the OLine, adding a pro-bowl talent chess piece offensive versatile playmaker, a LB with outside pass rush and coverage ability, a TE with some of the highest upside according to scouts, and quality young players and a pick in return from trade is all good.

Lessons Learned Potentially for the Real Draft:

1.) The run on WRs was so insane that even though there's insane depth in the class the quality WRs were all gone by round 3.

2.) Round 3 and 4 are where we'll likely see the LB Quality fall off

3.) The top of the 2nd Round is going to be filled with tremendous talent so even in an armaggedon scenario where the top Tackles are gone forcing the Browns to trade down, getting a pick in the top 15 of the 2nd should be one of the pillar requirements for such a trade.

----------------

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mind Character said:

Solid, Good draft; Nice Trades.

If we had a draft like this where we go extra heavy on offensive line, I would feel good about it. That said, I'm guessing analytics said to draft a corner and a defensive tackle before we grab our third offensive lineman or first LB, though Dye is indeed the unicorn coverage LB.

Muti's the biggest risk pick who's talent is tantalizing, but medical flags worrisome. In real life if that pick happened, I'd be worried and excited at the prospect of him being healthy.

The complexion of this draft looks much different if we didn't get sniped with Robert Hunt going a pick before ours. A lesson learned during my first FFMD that team forum's watch other forum conversations and are involved in this thing as they watch players and have favorites as intently as our forum.

Getting Jedrick Wills for what we did was a stunner as was turning lemons with Grant Delpit into lemonade. To come out of that with Robert Hunt, would've been an all time move but it just wasn't meant to be.

Yeah, I could see Muti being the odd man out. They might grab a corner, DT like Raekwon Davis or even a surprise pick like Jalen Hurts. With 55 roster spots, I'd say 3 QB's will become more the norm.

Ultimately, the strategy of attempting to fix the OLine, adding a pro-bowl talent chess piece offensive versatile playmaker, a LB with outside pass rush and coverage ability, a TE with some of the highest upside according to scouts, and quality young players and a pick in return from trade is all good.

Lessons Learned Potentially for the Real Draft:

1.) The run on WRs was so insane that even though there's insane depth in the class the quality WRs were all gone by round 3.

2.) Round 3 and 4 are where we'll likely see the LB Quality fall off

3.) The top of the 2nd Round is going to be filled with tremendous talent so even in an armaggedon scenario where the top Tackles are gone forcing the Browns to trade down, getting a pick in the top 15 of the 2nd should be one of the pillar requirements for such a trade.

----------------

Yup. If we do trade down, I want a lot of picks in the third and fourth. I could see the Texans 3rd rounder as being the pick we might seeing for a WR to grab one of the very last quality guys.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 3:25 PM, NateDawg said:

I’m not sure what the intrigue is with trying to trade David Njoku. With the construct of our offense, hoping to operate it through the running game, the 2 tight end set is a real asset. I don’t get it, unless we are really to the point where we have given up on him?

I can see him being a trade deadline candidate. If he has a breakout year and looks good, there is no way I see the Browns paying two TEs starter level money. Especially with how much we have wrapped up with Jarvis/Beckham as other pass catchers.

Smart thing to do would be to dangle him out there to fill another need at the deadline

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...