FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty sure that there was talk about DJ getting a job with the jets at one point, and I know he's been in front offices before  (Ravens I think for a bit, plus another team maybe). 

But they have to want those jobs too. They are well paid, get exposure, and have basically zero worries about losing their job. 

Right, I just looked it up and he currently makes 1-1.5 million per year and the average NFL scouting director makes 275k. However, Assistant GMs make upwards of 3 million. So if he were to ever make the jump he would 1) have to really want it and 2) have a higher responsibility than just managing scouting.

We made our second and third 3rd round picks. We got Jack Driscoll and Troy Dye. With the last three picks, we have finished making a OL that will likely be amongst the best in the league for at lest 3-4 years and strengthened the weakest area of our defense in the LB corps. 

OL favorites in camp, work down to 8 for the regular season:

LT - Wills / Driscoll
LG - Bitonio / Forbes
C - Tretter / Evan Brown
RG - Muti / Teller
RT - Conklin / Lamm

LB - Takitaki/Wilson/Dye/Goodson/Coney/???

That OL man. We've got top of the line starters everywhere, but maybe more importantly with our usual luck, we have quality depth in multiple spots and strong developmental candidates across the board. For the next couple years we have the anchor corps of Wills, Bitonio, Tretter, and Conklin. Then when we move on from Bitonio, Tretter, Conk in a few years, we have Driscoll, Muti, and Forbes to fill their spots.

The LB corps isn't great, but we're putting in work to have more guys who can do one thing really well (Coney is a thumper) and guys who can grow into being solid starters (Takitaki, Wilson, Dye).

Mike was dumping on the defense, and it's our weaker unit for sure, but offense is how you sustain a long contention window and QB/OL is the most consistent part of an elite offense. We're going for a more run oriented version of the KC model. An elite offense that keeps the ball away from the other team and wears down a defense. And on defense, we're going for a really strong pass rush with servicable LBs and some ballhawks and big play creators in the secondary (Ward, Greedy, Joseph) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

We made our second and third 3rd round picks. We got Jack Driscoll and Troy Dye. With the last three picks, we have finished making a OL that will likely be amongst the best in the league for at lest 3-4 years and strengthened the weakest area of our defense in the LB corps. 

OL favorites in camp, work down to 8 for the regular season:

LT - Wills / Driscoll
LG - Bitonio / Forbes
C - Tretter / Evan Brown
RG - Muti / Teller
RT - Conklin / Lamm

LB - Takitaki/Wilson/Dye/Goodson/Coney/???

That OL man. We've got top of the line starters everywhere, but maybe more importantly with our usual luck, we have quality depth in multiple spots and strong developmental candidates across the board. For the next couple years we have the anchor corps of Wills, Bitonio, Tretter, and Conklin. Then when we move on from Bitonio, Tretter, Conk in a few years, we have Driscoll, Muti, and Forbes to fill their spots.

The LB corps isn't great, but we're putting in work to have more guys who can do one thing really well (Coney is a thumper) and guys who can grow into being solid starters (Takitaki, Wilson, Dye).

Mike was dumping on the defense, and it's our weaker unit for sure, but offense is how you sustain a long contention window and QB/OL is the most consistent part of an elite offense. We're going for a more run oriented version of the KC model. An elite offense that keeps the ball away from the other team and wears down a defense. And on defense, we're going for a really strong pass rush with servicable LBs and some ballhawks and big play creators in the secondary (Ward, Greedy, Joseph) 

this is a  pretty weak draft for defense that is why I went defense in free agency 

This defense would get run on consistently and capable tight end would get 150 yards a game.

Are safety graves if he is good would cost us 15,000,000 per year at the end of this year if he is not good we lose 6 games because he is so slow that he cannot guard tight ends.

What are some thoughts on our next 3rd round pick? We are on the clock at 7:20 EST. We are done with OL for sure. Some other areas we could look would be Safety, Slot CB, Linebacker (we don't NEED to, but it wouldn't hurt), Tight End, DT, DE, and Running Back. My guys I'd consider at those positions just because of need/bpa intersection would be:

RB - Zack Moss (We don't need an RB, but I think Moss is a beast and would give us a clear succession plan when Hunt leaves)
DT - Jordan Elliot
WR - Donovan Peoples-Jones or Tyler Johnson
Edge - Darrell Taylor, Terrell Lewis
Safety/Slot - Geno Stone,  Kindle Vildor, Terrell Burgess, K'Von Wallace
LB - Willie Gay Jr., Shaq Quarterman

40 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

What are some thoughts on our next 3rd round pick? We are on the clock at 7:20 EST. We are done with OL for sure. Some other areas we could look would be Safety, Slot CB, Linebacker (we don't NEED to, but it wouldn't hurt), Tight End, DT, DE, and Running Back. My guys I'd consider at those positions just because of need/bpa intersection would be:

RB - Zack Moss (We don't need an RB, but I think Moss is a beast and would give us a clear succession plan when Hunt leaves)
DT - Jordan Elliot
WR - Donovan Peoples-Jones or Tyler Johnson
LB - Willie Gay Jr.

I do not know anything about this  but I think Hunt could get traded along with are second to get are choice of a linebacker or fs.

Edited by mtmmike
omition

52 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

QB: Jalen Hurts

TE - Adam Trautman, Brycen Hopkins, Colby Parkinson, Jacob Breeland
DT - James Lynch, Leki Fetu, Larell Murchison, Rashard Lawrence
WR - Donovan Peoples-Jones, Tyler Johnson, Devin Duvernay, Antonio Gandy-Golden
LB - Willie Gay Jr., Shaq Quarterman

I added a few guys who might be worth looking at. Also, Jordan Eliot got drafted.

Edited by NudeTayne

8 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

How do we trade up for WG Jr.

I think we have two 5th round picks left, so we'd have to use one of them. Maybe something like our 3 and 5 for someone else's 3 and late 5 or early 6?

I don't have time today to pursue that but if someone wants to, feel free. 

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I think we have two 5th round picks left, so we'd have to use one of them. Maybe something like our 3 and 5 for someone else's 3 and late 5 or early 6?

I don't have time today to pursue that but if someone wants to, feel free. 

No worries. Thanks for the info.

I'll see if I can figure out something in these forum streets.

@NudeTayne is there a particular thread to go to put out a trade idea or what.

Edited by Mind Character

30 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

No worries. Thanks for the info.

I'll see if I can figure out something in these forum streets.

@NudeTayne is there a particular thread to go to put out a trade idea or what.

nvm i found the threads for the Pats, Vikings and Saints at 87, 88 and 89.

Will see what can be done.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

Regarding trade talks:

87 -  New England didn't respond to trade request, but instead selected Jacob Eason, QB Washington.

88 - Vikings don't want to trade as they've been trying to trade up.

89 - Saints don't want to trade b/c they have their sights on a particular prospect. Probably Devin Duvernay or another WR.

90 - Awaiting word from Houston Texans FFMD contingent, but at this point the player we seek will likely be gone or they'll take them most likely, or we might a well just wait until we pick at 91.

Edited by Mind Character

@freakygeniuskid @NudeTayne

We're on the clock.

In my mind, I'm down to Antonio Gibson, Slot-WR/PRB/RB/WR as the lead guy.

fbaa7390-fde9-11e9-9d9b-44901c4f2086

jZkVK4.gif

also in the final consideration in my mind would be Willie Gay Jr., LB Miss. St., Devin Asiasi, TE UCLA, and Jalen Hurts, QB Alabama.

... And I'm leaning Gibson or Asiasi even over Gay Jr. Below is why including others who in my mind would be eliminated from consideration.

--------------------

Eliminated in my mind & Why:

(Eliminated from my personal consideration) Zack Moss, RB Utah -  Great all around game but not dynamic enough with limited upside and versatility.

(Eliminated from my personal consideration) Terrell Burgess, NS Utah - Corner frame, lacks physicality and sturdiness, great intangibles and leadership, gets destroyed by blocks and lacks instincts to range playmake at a high level as would be expected by a starter.

(Eliminated from my personal consideration) Devin Peoples-Jones, WR Michigan - A lot of talent but doesn't compete and loafs a lot on routes. Slow build up speed and gets jammed at the line. Has a lot of upside as a big-slot that can dominate match-ups.

The Final 4:

1. Antonio Gibson, Slot-WR/PRB/WR/RB Memphis -- Big play, explosive slot WR who can start at RB if necessary. Amazing skill as a dual threat RB/WR who scored 20% of the time he touched the ball. Blazing speed and timed 4.39 speed manifests in gameplay. Toughness, balance, and is a developing player who had to sit behind numerous NFL talents before being unleashed this past year in a year that saw him go off.
  2. Devin Asiasi, TE UCLA -- Showed immense ability as a pro-bowl TE1 and fights in the blocking game. When it's all said and done he may very well be the best TE in the entire draft by a longshot. Dropped a ton of weight during the season for some reason before putting it back on. Has seam monster ability akin to Kelce without the route running savvy. Plays with competitive fire almost always but then sometimes he seems to look disinterested because of lack of touches.
  3. Willie Gay Jr., LB Miss. St -- Most talented player on the Board. Pro-Bowl Ability. Might not fit the "Smart, Tough, Accountable" profile. Suspended for getting into an altercation with a QB teammate that left the QB with a broken orbital bone and having to miss a game. Was one of the 10 football players that let a tutor take a Chemistry test for them online in a cheating scandal (This one doesn't worry me so much b/c this happens all the time with online classes for athletes in college I know first hand from seeing it done with coaches consent). Was kicked out of a game for already having a personal foul call but then being one of the players that went on the field during the rivalry game fight between benches. His role was mostly defending teammates and subdued pulling teammates back but because he had already had a in-game infraction personal foul he was ejected. Range ability is something elite and special. Lacks the grit to take on blocks but has the savvy to get around them with his plus athleticism.
  4. Jalen Hurts, QB Alabama -- Smart, Tough, and Accountable on and off the field. Tremendous upside. This wouldn't happen in reality but in this simulation it makes sense given the value.
  5. Honarable Mention -- Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota -- A lot of people like him. That's why he should get consideration I've watched 6 games, and I have tried to see it. I don't see anything beyond a number 3 guy that can/will be upgraded upon. Nice body control, tough player, and he has some competitive fire. Limited quickness and ability to separate. Plays with crocodile arms and has a limited catch radius.
Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1