FFMD 2020 - Cleveland Browns War Room

FGK

6 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

We are Prophets clearly.

The only question is which poster is secretly Todd McShay, or is he just lurking in the wings...

Either way he's on here confirmed.

"Dear Todd, Your plastic surgery.... a little much... Regards..."

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

To those complaining about the pick:

I don't like it either! Get involved! It was 8am out here when I had to pick and I wake up slow. I'm begging for more participation and I only get it AFTER the pick lol.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Big difference between Peppers and Delpit. Delpit can actually play safety at a high level and actually has some elite aspects to his game, just watch his ‘18 film. He played pretty bad or played to not get injured in ‘19. He is fine as a 2nd rd pick. There was nothing elite to Peppers ability to play safety. Only thing elite about him coming into the draft was Peppers return ability but yet he has been pretty awful at that in the league. 

I'd take Jabrill Peppers over Grant Delpit every day of the week.

Jabrill sacrificed his body and put his nose in the fan in the run game as a force player constantly. Delpit doesn't play with the physicality or all in disposition in the run game despite being the more physical athlete.

Jabrill Peppers was far more instinctual and had plus recognition skills. Peppers was also better in the high safety role earlier in his career than Delpit ever was.

Delpit has fantastic leadership intangibles much like Peppers without the off field slip ups.

Delpit was cheeks this past year, but that tape the year before while everyone was all hot and bothered praising him like the best DB in the country he was often cheeks as well.

Delpit in the 3rd off of intangibles and his urgent athlete characteristics is okay I guess, but he'll always be the type of player to be a liability in the secondary likely leading to the FO seeking to upgrade on him within 2 years.

He's a SS exclusively that can't tackle and offers limited instincts in the run game. He does however have some of the best flash plays you'll see from the position.

Cheeks in the 2nd; meh in the 3rd; fine in the 4th.... we need a foundational player we can feel good about at the top of the 2nd he's not it imo.

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Big difference between Peppers and Delpit. Delpit can actually play safety at a high level and actually has some elite aspects to his game, just watch his ‘18 film. He played pretty bad or played to not get injured in ‘19. He is fine as a 2nd rd pick. There was nothing elite to Peppers ability to play safety. Only thing elite about him coming into the draft was Peppers return ability but yet he has been pretty awful at that in the league. 

Wasn't comparing Peppers to Delpit, per se.

More the pattern in the process.

I easily could have inserted Weeden's and others names.

4 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

To those complaining about the pick:

I don't like it either! Get involved! It was 8am out here when I had to pick and I wake up slow. I'm begging for more participation and I only get it AFTER the pick lol.

Lol.

Heavy lies the crown.

I had no idea what exactly this thing was until today. You got Jedrick Wills Jr. in an insane value trade up so we've already won the draft.

*** Some 3rd Round Targets (Some will be there others won't)

1. Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame
  2. Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC
  3. Jordan Taylor, RB Wisconsin
  4. Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame
  5. JK Dobbins, RB Ohio State
  6. Zack Moss, RB Utah
  7. Troy Dye, LB Oregon
  8. Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana Lafayette
  9. Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado
  10. Netane Muti, OG/OT/OC Fresno State
  11. Jack Driscoll, OG/OT Auburn

*** Trades

1. Will Washington trade DT Da'Ron Payne for JC Tretter or for Grant Delpit and other draft capital?
  2. Can we trade Grant Delpit to the Giants for Jabrill Peppers and their 3rd round pick (peppers coming off of surgery)
  3. Can we trade Delpit for any of the players soon to be selected by the players above?
  4. Can we trade Delpit + draft capital for Yannick Ngakoue?
Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

Seems players of questionable value (e.g., Peppers) are linked to us early in the draft buildup and we invariably pick them and lose shots at better players.

Same thing seems to be happening with Delpit.

giphy.gif

Who are your top targets who may be available at pick 41?

Edited by NudeTayne

10 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

@freakygeniuskid, not worth grabbing any of Jaylon Johnson, Neville Gallimore, Jonathon Taylor, Julian Okwara? Stone Porpoise would be alright here, though.

For the record, I personally would've gone Okwara but was on the fence and the only people speaking up wanted Delpit. And it's definitely my fault about Jaylon Johnson, I thought he went in the mid-20s CB rush. If I had known he was on the board I woulda overruled the Delpit contingent.

Let's get our ish together between now and tomorrow night for our first 3rd round pick. Who are guys we are targetting? Give me like 3-5 targets at least. Go here to see who has been picked... 

3 hours ago, Mind Character said:

*** Some 3rd Round Targets (Some will be there others won't)

1. Cole Kmet, TE Notre Dame
  2. Michael Pittman Jr., WR USC
  3. Jordan Taylor, RB Wisconsin
  4. Julian Okwara, DE Notre Dame
  5. JK Dobbins, RB Ohio State
  6. Zack Moss, RB Utah
  7. Troy Dye, LB Oregon
  8. Robert Hunt, OG/OT Louisiana Lafayette
  9. Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado
  10. Netane Muti, OG/OT/OC Fresno State
  11. Jack Driscoll, OG/OT Auburn

A lot of guys on the list just got selected.

Some good one's left.

Edited by Mind Character

Is Wisconsin's C still available R3 (Starts with a B, I can't spell his name)? He's my pick. Others I would consider: BPA WR, preferably big bodied (Claypool if he's there). Jack Driscoll really intrigues me at OT as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Is Wisconsin's C still available R3 (Starts with a B, I can't spell his name)? He's my pick. Others I would consider: BPA WR, preferably big bodied (Claypool if he's there). Jack Driscoll really intrigues me at OT as well.

Tyler Biadasz isn't a great fit for a zone scheme if I recall correctly. Personally would be more interested in Muti, Driscoll, or Hunt if we're going OL. One guy who hasn't been mentioned but should be in the conversation is Malik Harrison. 

Unless we have a runaway BPA, I think the positions we should be looking at most closely are LB, Slot CB, DT, OG, and WR. Maybe OT, DE, and S too.

36 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Tyler Biadasz isn't a great fit for a zone scheme if I recall correctly. Personally would be more interested in Muti, Driscoll, or Hunt if we're going OL. One guy who hasn't been mentioned but should be in the conversation is Malik Harrison. 

Unless we have a runaway BPA, I think the positions we should be looking at most closely are LB, Slot CB, DT, OG, and WR. Maybe OT, DE, and S too.

Harrison would be my pick, I think coming out of day 2 with a potential day one starter at Mike is a must 

So our current target list:

LB - Malik Harrison, Logan Wilson, Jacob Phillips, Troy Dye
WR - Michael Pittman, Chase Claypool, Bryan Edwards, Donovan Peoples-Jones,  Tyler Johnson
OG/OC - Tyler Biadasz, Netane Muti, Solomon Kindley, Jonah Jackson
OT - Robert Hunt, Jack Driscoll, Lucas Niang, 
Edge - Terrell Lewis, Jonathan Greenard, Darrell Taylor
RB - Zack Moss
DT - Jordan Elliot, Raekwon Davis, James Lynch
TE - Adam Trautman
QB - Jalen Hurts
CB - Igbinoghe, Cameron Dantzler, Lamar Jackson

Our next pick is at 8:20 EST. So there will be another dozen guys off the board by then.

• Like 1