Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

30 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

Injuries are issue. Two Achilles and a Lisfranc. I think he missed more games than he played in college.  Seems like a good fit though. 

True, but on tape he is better than any other guard in the draft the little I have seen in terms of raw power.  But yeah that injury history is a massive issue but if he is there pick 45 2nd round it would be kind of nuts not to take him.  I would entertain it even 1st round if no good CB is there if he had no injury history.  But then one could miss out on Winfield with that 2nd round pick.  

23 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True, but on tape he is better than any other guard in the draft the little I have seen in terms of raw power.  But yeah that injury history is a massive issue but if he is there pick 45 2nd round it would be kind of nuts not to take him.  I would entertain it even 1st round if no good CB is there if he had no injury history.  But then one could miss out on Winfield with that 2nd round pick.  

The best ability is availability applies here I think. There are too many other players that don’t have the risk in the second. Maybe round 4 for me 

We need a presumptive starter.

Positional value order at needed spots: LG\LT > S > CB > WR > DE

I would take Austin Jackson, who could be LG this year while Reiff is LT for another year, then move Jackson to LT the following year.

Another option:

Trade #22 + #105 for #34 + #44 (indy)

Edited by CriminalMind

Jackson would get throttled at guard, and I disagree with your ranking of corner in terms of positional value. It’s ahead of safety, especially when paired with the actual players in this draft. 

Panthers made an extremely shortsighted trade up for McKinney last night, so that’s one safety off the board (moved next years first and second for him, yikes)

Edited by RpMc

8 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Jackson would get throttled at guard, and I disagree with your ranking of corner in terms of positional value. It’s ahead of safety, especially when paired with the actual players in this draft. 

Panthers made an extremely shortsighted trade up for McKinney last night, so that’s one safety off the board (moved next years first and second for him, yikes)

In a vacuume CB is more important than S, but since there is a hole in starting S now, i elevated if above CB (where we have Hill & Hughes). 

I disagree with Jackson not being a capable LG for a year, while taking over LT the following year. I have him higher than Jones.

18 minutes ago, RpMc said:

That is interesting, kind of odd they would do that honestly, McKinney is good but not sure he is that good to be picked that high, especially over Delpit if Delpit was indeed injured this past season.  Does help the Vikings drops down a top corner the Raiders should have been taking.  But yeah this is fantasy, trade a 1st and a 2nd round pick for a draft pick?  No way on earth that happens in real life, that seems like a crap ton and things are going down that could not really happen outside of the NBA but oh well, maybe that is just me.  

8 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

The best ability is availability applies here I think. There are too many other players that don’t have the risk in the second. Maybe round 4 for me 

That would be amazing even to get that dude late 2nd round or early 3rd but not sure that is possible.  

Here's the draft so far:

Draft Order -

1. CIN - Joe Burrow (QB) LSU
2. WAS - Chase Young (EDGE) Ohio State
3. LAC - Tua Tagovailoa (QB) Alabama
4. CAR - Isaiah Simmons (LB) Clemson
5. DET - Jeffrey Okudah (CB) Ohio State
6. MIA - Justin Herbert (QB) Oklahoma
7. NYG - Andrew Thomas (T) Georgia
8. CLE - Jedrick WIllis (T) Alabama
9. JAX - Derrick Brown (IDL) Auburn
10. ARI - Tristan Wirfs (G) Iowa
11. NYJ - Mekhi Becton (T) Louisville
12. LVR - CeeDee Lamb (WR) Oklahoma
13. DEN - Jerry Jeudy (WR) Alabama
14. DET - Javon Kinlaw (IDL) South Carolina
15. SF - Henry Ruggs III (WR) Alabama
16. ATL - K'Lavon Chaisson (EDGE) LSU
17. DAL - CJ Henderson (CB) Florida
18. MIA - Josh Jones (T) Houston
19. CAR - Xavier McKinney (S) Alabama
20. JAX
21. PHI

22. MIN

New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
Kansas City Chiefs
Miami Dolphins
Seattle Seahawks
Baltimore Ravens
Tennessee Titans
Green Bay Packers
San Francisco 49ers
Kansas City Chiefs
Cincinnati Bengals
Indianapolis Colts
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants
Miami Dolphins
Houston Texans
Cleveland Browns
Jacksonville Jaguars
Chicago Bears
Indianapolis Colts

I included the picks between our pick at 22 and 45 so we could play out some scenarios of who would go where.

I'm a big fan of Fulton (given his work against Jeudy, Ruggs, and Higgins),

But if you all think there are other players you'd be happy with at 22, we can wait it out.

Edited by RpMc

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I'm a big fan of Fulton (given his work against Jeudy, Ruggs, and Higgins),

But if you all think there are other players you'd be happy with at 22, we can wait it out.

Fulton is good but arguably this year was his only good year, and he is pretty old, started playing at LSU in 2016 then suspended that entire one season, so so in 2018 then actually decent in 2019 but is crap compared to his teammate Stingley Jr who before the season I said was going to be better than Fulton and clearly was.  

This is how the next two picks could go.

Jags: Jefferson/AJ Terrell
Phi: Kenneth Murray

If AJ Terrell is there I would take him, if Jefferson is there would be hard passing on him as well.  Austin Jackson is an option but then one needs to decide now what to do with Reiff, and putting him to OG I am not sure can occur but would be great if it could.  6-5 322 Austin Jackson, not sure he could play OG but has the size and is the best OL available.  Would be hard passing on him as well.  

Passing on AJ Epenesa and Yetur Gross-Matos would be hell though no doubt.  But hard to legitimize them with Chris Jones on the roster with so many other needs.  PS AJ beat down Austin Jackson I thought in that bowl game, Jackson had some good moments but AJ clearly won the match overall.