Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

Just now, RpMc said:

Anyone not in favor of moving Cook? So far, everyone seems good with it

The guy is a fine player but it is such a deep RB draft and it is very likely that all of them fall to the 2nd round, maybe 1 will be gone in the 1st round but could easily see them all falling which knocks all the backs down even lower.  I just think it would be easy to fill his production with a back.  If he did not get injured so often though would not be discussing any of this.  

Just now, Eric dunn said:

Im not in favor of moving Cook. But if he is moved, i think that compensation is fair. 

If one is talking about a glider in a zone run scheme, De'Andre Swift and Clyde Edwards-Helaire could fill that void, both are arguably better pass catches as well and Edwards-Helaire is a bull out there, and Swift is the best of any back in the draft at making defenders miss.  Then you have Dobbins who is a tank and arguably the best back in the draft all around, and Taylor who is very skilled but also very ran, not near the quickness Swift has but has more power and straight line speed.  

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I don't know anything about him, but if Chris Jones is a better-than-average starting DT that can generate pressure - that is worth a 1st round pick.

He is one of the best pass rushing defensive tackles in the NFL.  Underachieved in college but switch turned on in the NFL, but great athlete for a 6-6 310 pound dude, just crushes the pocket and with him and Hunter they would destroy teams in the NFL.  In real life no way the Chiefs would get rid of him, he is absolutely key to that defense unless they simply cannot pay him which I am sure the Vikings could run into as well.  

1 minute ago, Heimdallr said:

I don't know anything about him, but if Chris Jones is a better-than-average starting DT that can generate pressure - that is worth a 1st round pick.

Third in pressures and second in sacks since 2018... with 200 less pass rushing snaps than the likes of Donald, Cox, and Buckner.

Pressure Rate | Sack Rate

Jones: 14% & 2.7%
Donald: 16% & 3.0%
Cox: 13.4% & 1.3%
Buckner 10.2% & 2.0%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Third in pressures and second in sacks since 2018... with 200 less pass rushing snaps than the likes of Donald, Cox, and Buckner.

Pressure Rate | Sack Rate

Jones: 14% & 2.7%
Donald: 16% & 3.0%
Cox: 13.4% & 1.3%
Buckner 10.2% & 2.0%

for a late 1st? Lock it up

My look on team needs:

Early round / starter needs: CB1, LG1, DT1, WR2,

Mid round / competition needs: CB2/3, DE2/3, RB2/3

Late round / depth needs: S3, WR4, QB2, CB5, S4

If we can land Chris Jones, that knocks off a huge need and we can focus on CB and OL in the 1st round, and WR in the 2nd/3rd.

Losing Cook doesn't really create a new need. We can just add a late round change-of-pace RB to go with Mattison and Boone.

Losing Anthony Harris would create a gaping need.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

My look on team needs:

Early round / starter needs: CB1, LG1, DT1, WR2,

Mid round / competition needs: CB2/3, DE2/3, RB2/3

Late round / depth needs: S3, WR4, QB2, CB5, S4

If we can land Chris Jones, that knocks off a huge need and we can focus on CB and OL in the 1st round, and WR in the 2nd/3rd.

How is DE not a bigger need than DT?  What because of Odenigbo?  Not sure he could be a starter in this league and arguably DE might be a bigger need than DT.  DT is nothing great but at least they have bodies there with Johnson, Stephen, Watts, Pierce, Hercules, and Holmes.  DE that depth is not there but sure if we can get Chris Jones for a freaking 1st rounder, which is crazy yeah that would be awesome and could make DE less of a need.  Still if YGM or Epenesa drops would be hard passing of either one.