Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

22 minutes ago, Snake Plissken said:

I was thinking of adding YGM, and pairing him with Hunter, Jones, and Odenigbo on passing downs (RIP☠️). 

Yeah it will be hard to pass on him or Epenesa if they are they are both easily could be.  

2 minutes ago, Eric dunn said:

I dont think we should use 22 on a safety. I vote for a CB. Kristian Fulton or Henderson would be nice there. 

Henderson is on Dallas I believe, Fulton I would not take that high but would for AJ Terrell or Gladney if Terrell is gone.  Would not touch Diggs brother but will see how it falls.  And Josh Jones is gone so OT is out outside of Austin Jackson maybe.  

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah it will be hard to pass on him or Epenesa if they are they are both easily could be.  

Henderson is on Dallas I believe, Fulton I would not take that high but would for AJ Terrell or Gladney if Terrell is gone.  Would not touch Diggs brother but will see how it falls.  And Josh Jones is gone so OT is out outside of Austin Jackson maybe.  

I know you are a fan of Tega Wango. Is he or any other OTs left potential Day 1 starters?

Just now, Forge said:

Any interest in Matt Breida or Akhello Witherspoon?

Is this how the chain of command goes?  @RpMc should be contacted via PM over the damn War Room correct?  Witherspoon I would be interested in but it is his call, would rather want Moseley though obviously.  

Just now, Snake Plissken said:

I know you are a fan of Tega Wango. Is he or any other OTs left potential Day 1 starters?

He would be a great fit and a fine pickup 2nd round for us but then what you do with Reiff?  Austin Jackson could start I think but again Reiff is what, that is a big quesiton.

Unless some teams traded these are the up coming picks.  Might go like this possibly.  

19. Raiders (From Chicago)- AJ Terrell Clemson JR CB
20. Jacksonville (From LA Rams) - Justin Jefferson LSU JR WR
21. Philadelphia - Kenneth Murray Oklahoma JR OLB
22. Minnesota (From Buffalo)  -

Some options if things do not change or teams trade up.   

AJ Epenesa Iowa JR DE
Jeff Gladney TCU RS SR CB
Yetur Gross-Matos Penn State JR DE
Antonie Winfield Jr. Minnesota RS SOPH S
Denzel Mims Baylor SR WR
Trevon Diggs Alabama SR CB    
De'Andre Swift Georgia JR RB

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

You think Epenesa has enough speed and bend?  I wonder if he isn’t quite up to the athletic profile the team prefers for a first rounder. 

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Is this how the chain of command goes?  @RpMc should be contacted via PM over the damn War Room correct?  Witherspoon I would be interested in but it is his call, would rather want Moseley though obviously.  

There's not really a formal process. Too much variance between forums. 

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

He would be a great fit and a fine pickup 2nd round for us but then what you do with Reiff?  Austin Jackson could start I think but again Reiff is what, that is a big quesiton.

Unless some teams traded these are the up coming picks.  Might go like this possibly.  

19. Raiders (From Chicago)- AJ Terrell Clemson JR CB
20. Jacksonville (From LA Rams) - Justin Jefferson LSU JR WR
21. Philadelphia - Kenneth Murray Oklahoma JR OLB
22. Minnesota (From Buffalo)  -

Some options if things do not change or teams trade up.   

AJ Epenesa Iowa JR DE
Jeff Gladney TCU RS SR CB
Yetur Gross-Matos Penn State JR DE
Antonie Winfield Jr. Minnesota RS SOPH S
Denzel Mims Baylor SR WR
Trevon Diggs Alabama SR CB    
De'Andre Swift Georgia JR RB

I’m a fan of cutting or trading Reiff if at all possible. 

Netane Muti I am not super familiar with but he might be an amazing option in the 2nd round at OG.  Just throws guys around on the little tape I have watched of him, physically impressive and had the best bench number at the combine I think, 44 reps at 225.   Dude is nasty and very aggressive, could be a perfect fit and might be a better value than even Jonah Jackson or John Simpson.

3 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Netane Muti I am not super familiar with but he might be an amazing option in the 2nd round at OG.  Just throws guys around on the little tape I have watched of him, physically impressive and had the best bench number at the combine I think, 44 reps at 225.   Dude is nasty and very aggressive, could be a perfect fit and might be a better value than even Jonah Jackson or John Simpson.

Injuries are issue. Two Achilles and a Lisfranc. I think he missed more games than he played in college.  Seems like a good fit though. 

2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

*Grant Delpit LSU JR - Did not have a great season but still won the Thorpe Award, good hitter, productive since he was a FR safety.  Was apparently injured this season, did not run at the combine but before the season I had him as potentially a top 15 pick.  Would not fit the Vikings need unless Harrison Smith wants to go back to more of a FS. Late 1st to early 2nd.

*Xavier McKinney Alabama JR - tough tackler, productive player but Bama safeties do get overrated at times and again he is more a box safety and not great in coverage which is what they need.  Late 1st to early 2nd.

*Antonie Winfield Jr. Minnesota RS SOPH - everyone knows about him, great in coverage, good tackler and great bloodline.  Is a little high to be picked 22nd but could be there with the Vikings 1st 2nd round pick.  Has slot corner ability as well and great versatility, killed it at the combine and had as good of a season at safety as any safety did in the country arguably.  Late 1st to early 2nd.  

*Kyle Dugger Lenoir-Rhyne - Do not know a ton about him, was supposed to blow up the combine but did not, has great ball skills, return man at a very small school, did a lot of things and made a lot of plays against lower competition.  Is a little better in coverage so might be able to do both FS or SS but is better around the line of scrimmage though it seems and has great length for the position.  2nd to 3rd round.

*Jeremy Chinn SR S Southern Illinois - Tougher guy, good solid hitter and is a big safety, but again in the box and is not as good in deep range coverage.  Physically he is super impressive though and ran very well at 6-3 221,  2nd to 3rd round

*Chris Miller Baylor - love hit, is a big time hit man, great hand strength and tackler in the open field.  Good range and technique, does not have great ball skills but is a consistent guy who can cover the back end and make big hits and tackles when needed.  Could be a good value late maybe.  3rd to 4th round

*Alohi Gilman Notre Dame RS JR - is a great tackler, big time hitter and really brings it physically.  Is not as great in coverage but just tackling alone he is worth a look.  3rd to 5th round pick.  

*Julian Blackmon Utah - Good coverage, really nice FS with good ball skills and knows how to intercept passes.  Not a great tackler though but decent value late maybe 4th to 5th round.

*JR Reed Georgia RS - Good toughness, good smarts for the position and is Jake Reed's kid obviously.  Has played well on a fine Georgia D for awhile, good be a decent late round value.  4th to 5th.

*Tanner Muse Clemson RS - I think he will move to OLB, but he timed great at the combine and really moved for a man pretty big.  Good range but is stiff in coverage, but can bring it as a hitter at times, still think he is more a OLB but has versatility and can play deep if asked.  4th to 5th round range.  

*Antoine Brooks Jr Maryland - another guy I think could be at linebacker potentially, great toughness tackling and is strong and can get people down.  I think he will be a undersized OLB in the league but maybe can play safety or some slot in the right system.  4th to 5th round range.

*K'Von Wallace Clemson - good versatility, can be moved around a lot and do a lot of things.  Has not always played at a high level but was good in the box last year for Clemson and could blitz and come down aggressively making plays on the football.  4th to 6th round range maybe.  

and there are a few others but those are more the top guys.  

PS it is not super clear who has been picked, who has not been picked and who is up and in what order.  Wish that was more clear somewhere.  

Draft picks made are in the GM mock draft forum