Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

Paring it down for us based on what I view as needs, fits, and value at this point

Options are:

Jeff Gladney - CB - TCU :: a corner run is about to start, and we still need one - Gladney has inside/out versatility which lets us play with he and Hughes in the slot based on matchups with Hill likely on the outside

Antoine Winfield Jr - SF - Minnesota :: safety is arguably our biggest defensive need at the moment, and Winfield may be the best in the draft

Austin Jackson - T - USC :: Second tier of the tackle class, not an immediate need for a starter, but could be an upgrade if you like kicking Reiff down to guard

3 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Paring it down for us based on what I view as needs, fits, and value at this point

Options are:

Jeff Gladney - CB - TCU :: a corner run is about to start, and we still need one - Gladney has inside/out versatility which lets us play with he and Hughes in the slot based on matchups with Hill likely on the outside

Antoine Winfield Jr - SF - Minnesota :: safety is arguably our biggest defensive need at the moment, and Winfield may be the best in the draft

Austin Jackson - T - USC :: Second tier of the tackle class, not an immediate need for a starter, but could be an upgrade if you like kicking Reiff down to guard

+1 for Austin Jackson 

(i'd have Winfield, even with his durability issues, above Gladney)

Edited by CriminalMind

Just now, marshpit23 said:

I like Gladney or Jaylon Johnson @ 22. I think we need a CB in the first.

only weird combine number for Gladney was his 7.26 3-cone. That’s slow, but is it really an issue? 

Not wanting to sway you but with the changed times there where a lot of slow 3-cones this year. I believe the average was almost 2 tenths slower.

• Like 1

I think there is a better chance that both the top safeties (Winfield, Deplit) are gone by 45 than the remaining group of corners (Gladney, Diggs, Terrell, Johnson, Arnette, Igbinoghene), so I'd go Winfield. 

I'm also perfectly fine with Jackson or Gladney though.

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

Not wanting to sway you but with the changed times there where a lot of slow 3-cones this year. I believe the average was almost 2 tenths slower.

Good to know. I like Gladney’s tape (highlights lol). I think he fits the mold of a Zimmer CB. He’s tough, feisty and a willing tackler.