Vikings FFMD20 War Room

RpMc

For the 15th pick if any of these guys would still be around that would be very interesting.  But most likely not the case, especially for Wirfs, Kinlaw or even Lamb or Jeudy.

Tristan Wirfs Iowa JR OT
Mekhi Becton Louisville JR OT
CeeDee Lamb Oklahoma JR WR
Jerry Jeudy Alabama JR WR
Javon Kinlaw South Carolina SR DT

What do they want for it?

13 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

I'd trade Cook for a 2nd-3rd.

Yeah could argue any of these guys along with Mattison in the mix could match the production of Cook last year.  Even Edwards-Helaire and Akers could be there with that late 2nd round pick.  

Jonathan Taylor 
JK Dobbins 
De'Andre Swift
Clyde Edwards-Helaire 
Cam Akers 

Heck some have Dobbins falling, he could be a beast in the NFL, and Swift has super quicks

Edited by Ozzy

1 minute ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah could argue any of these guys along with Mattison in the mix could match the production of Cook last year.  Even Edwards-Helaire and Akers could be there with that late 2nd round pick.  

I would be 100% fine just rolling with Mattison and Boone. Use the pick from trading Cook on a different hole.

Just now, Heimdallr said:

I would be 100% fine just rolling with Mattison and Boone. Use the pick from trading Cook on a different hole.

I would not be sold on that, sure could work but we need some burst in that backfield.  I would be more comfortable if we got Anthony McFarland, Darius Anderson or better yet James Robinson in the later rounds.  Not to mention Eno Benjamin if he drops or the likes of Joshua Kelley.  Boone and Mattison are both too similar, need some variety in that backfield.  

Id have zero interest in Alshon at this point considering that contract & injuries. 

Also i would trade Cook, but for no less than a 2nd. 

Lastly i would be interested in trading up. But for me it would only be for Ceedee Lamb. I know this is a deep class at WR, but he is going to be elite. Also depends on the asking price. No way im giving up both 1st's. I think staying put is the best option. 

Just now, RpMc said:

Bucs coming in with a 2nd and 4th for Cook.

I would do that, Cook gets injured a crap ton and honestly that Bucs could easily fill that hole in the draft no clue why they would not just do that.  

any thoughts on Chris Jones? Chiefs had asked for 22 - like the player, but I'd rather counter offer that.

Will only be 26, needs a new deal, but would finally give us an interior disruptive presence in the run and pass game - would help what's going to be a young secondary.

Just now, RpMc said:

any thoughts on Chris Jones? Chiefs had asked for 22 - like the player, but I'd rather counter offer that.

Will only be 26, needs a new deal, but would finally give us an interior disruptive presence in the run and pass game - would help what's going to be a young secondary.

Reinvesting the cap savings from trading Harris into Chris Jones would be outstanding. I would give up 22 for Jones.

Also, I would trade away Cook on the last year of his contract for the 2 and 4 then look to turn some of those picks around to move back up into the late first to still have two first round picks along with Jones.

Just now, RpMc said:

We even have the funds for that?

And you did trade Anthony Harris to the Bucs for a 3rd and a 5th rounder?  What basically help pay Chris Jones with that money?  I would trade arguably one of the best defensive tackles in the game for a 1st round pick.  

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

I wouldnt do it for 22.