Bears Covid Group Chat

dll2000

10 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No offense but I am tired of hearing Covid in 2020 compared to a flu 100 years ago. A lot has changed since then.  

They didn't have the transportation that we have now (people flying country to country, items being shipped via air and sea, Fedex/UPS, etc, etc) and one of the biggest mistakes they made was easing up on restrictions too soon which allowed the flu to rapidly spread again and start a second phase. 

I 100% agree, comparing this to the Spanish flu is ridiculous.  That's why I compare it to H1N1, the most recent global pandemic, and one that most of us have been thru.

• Like 1

The delayed response combined with the federal cluster F is the only thing that I think may effect the season.

A more effective unified early response would mean that the flattening and drop in active cases would happen sooner and the system to reset and reload.

Once the system is caught up it can respond to flare ups and smaller scale outbreaks.

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Just wondering--does anybody else actually HAVE the virus? 

Pretty decent chance I've had a very mild case, just had cough, aches, chest tightness for 3 weeks. If we lived in a country with competent management I could probably get tested, but here we are. 

If it's mild, it can be really mild

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

Pretty decent chance I've had a very mild case, just had cough, aches, chest tightness for 3 weeks. If we lived in a country with competent management I could probably get tested, but here we are. 

If it's mild, it can be really mild

Mine hasn't been bad, either. But it's been unmistakable. Second day of quarantine (and I was already convinced) I got a tiny scratch on my thumb. Didn't even know how it got there. Thought, well whatever, and went about watching Netflix on my laptop. Within an hour, the area around my tiny scratch had swelled up into the size of a grape. 

Hmmm. This ain't normal, I thought...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

So basically what I have heard from multiple doctors is that if you had a cold sometime on the last 3 months you probably had covid-19.  

My doctor indicated something similar, it's an odd virus for sure. I wonder how many strains there are all the time.

If serum therapy works, sign up for a big drain! I got a lot to do out there...

41 minutes ago, G08 said:

Mrs. G08 and I are on the front lines... wouldn't surprise me if I have it or had it at this point.

Same. My wife and I are both "essential" so who knows? She had a really bad cold that lasted about 3 weeks back in February, so she may have had it already.

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

Same. My wife and I are both "essential" so who knows? She had a really bad cold that lasted about 3 weeks back in February, so she may have had it already.

Same w/ my stepdaughter, and then my fiance had it for a lil over a week, although she had a positive test for flu.  The other stepdaughter and I did not get sick.  

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I would be surprised if it was Covid back in February.

As I understand it the exponential growth [curve] is very rapid because of how communicable it it.

If a number of people in North America had it in February I think we would have seen the spoke in March instead of right now. Unless they were not reported as Covid cases a couple of months ago.

It seems to spread to quickly and exponentially for a February to now peaking.

They need to find a treatment that keeps people off of ventilators. 

If they can find something that keeps people out of the ICU like they do with the flu then we can go back to somewhat normal.

We will have to go back to a version of normal before the vaccine is ready.