Bears Covid Group Chat

dll2000

On 4/2/2020 at 6:05 PM, The_Romen said:

Maybe Discord works better for people? Maybe we could get a Madden league going? I know we got some old farts in here, so maybe that won't go.

Hey now.....I resemble that remark. :(

Madden was OK about 20 years ago but these days I'm so bad at it my grandson beat me like 110-0 when he was only 9.

6 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He also thought everyone would be gathering by Easter. He's a f***ing moron.

W/o getting political,  Theres no reason to believe hes wrong about the season. The best estimates we have right now say that people should be able to get back to work by the end of may to mid june at the latest, TCs dont start until mid to late july.  No reason to believe the season wont start on time in Sept. There wont be minicamps or OTAs but barring something drastically changing in the science, actual games wont be affected.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

W/o getting political,  Theres no reason to believe hes wrong about the season. The best estimates we have right now say that people should be able to get back to work by the end of may to mid june at the latest, TCs dont start until mid to late july.  No reason to believe the season wont start on time in Sept. There wont be minicamps or OTAs but barring something drastically changing in the science, actual games wont be affected.  

Well the governor of CA just said that Trump is being very optimistic with that guess, at least with games being played in front of fans, so maybe there is reason to believe that... and honestly, I'd rather there be 0 games than 17 games without fans. 

Edited by beardown3231

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here but the infamous Spanish flu was bad in the spring, almost disappeared in the summer and came back worse in the fall.  I'm taking nothing for granted at this point.  One day at a time I say.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 8:00 PM, Bfan said:

I hate to be a Debbie Downer here but the infamous Spanish flu was bad in the spring, almost disappeared in the summer and came back worse in the fall.  I'm taking nothing for granted at this point.  One day at a time I say.

Virus' are always worse in "Flu season".  Hence the season.

On 4/4/2020 at 3:36 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

W/o getting political,  Theres no reason to believe hes wrong about the season. 

There is, actually. He's hoping and guessing and spouting off without any data to back up what he's saying. It's a pattern he's engaged in for a few weeks now.

That being said--that doesn't necessarily mean his prediction will turn out to be wrong. The season could start on time, or close to it. We'll simply have to sit tight and see. 

• Like 3

On 4/7/2020 at 8:25 AM, dll2000 said:

Yeah I talked to a dr last week who told me the same stuff.  Also he said they actually need to ease up on the restrictions so that everybody isnt getting infected at once when they end the social distancing, bc we are all going to get it, just like we all get the flu, but the issues are going to happen if the system gets overwhelmed whether it happens now or later.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2020 at 4:45 PM, Heinz D. said:

There is, actually. He's hoping and guessing and spouting off without any data to back up what he's saying. It's a pattern he's engaged in for a few weeks now.

That being said--that doesn't necessarily mean his prediction will turn out to be wrong. The season could start on time, or close to it. We'll simply have to sit tight and see. 

Actually there is plenty of data to back up what hes saying, but as I said before, I dont want to get into the political side of it, and that's the path this is heading down

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Actually there is plenty of data to back up what hes saying, but as I said before, I dont want to get into the political side of it, and that's the path this is heading down

I haven't seen any predictions from the CDC or any other actual authority that outline when they believe that folks gathering in large groups will be an okay thing. But, odds are, that come September, that may be the case.

It's unfortunate we live in an age when people can point to a political leader factually lying, or unequivocally conjuring up "reality", and that then becomes "political speech". 

What a horrible time we live in. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 9:00 PM, Bfan said:

On 4/4/2020 at 4:36 PM, Superman(DH23) said:

No offense but I am tired of hearing Covid in 2020 compared to a flu 100 years ago. A lot has changed since then.  

They didn't have the transportation that we have now (people flying country to country, items being shipped via air and sea, Fedex/UPS, etc, etc) and one of the biggest mistakes they made was easing up on restrictions too soon which allowed the flu to rapidly spread again and start a second phase. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

14 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

I haven't seen any predictions from the CDC or any other actual authority that outline when they believe that folks gathering in large groups will be an okay thing. But, odds are, that come September, that may be the case.

It's unfortunate we live in an age when people can point to a political leader factually lying, or unequivocally conjuring up "reality", and that then becomes "political speech". 

What a horrible time we live in. 

Fyi, politicians have been factually lying since there have been politicians.  If you think one side is better at telling the truth than the other you are greatly misinformed.  My suggestion to you would be something my mom told me growing up that her mother told her, believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

• Like 1