Likelihood of an Andrew Luck Trade?

bigbadbuff23835

The only way this happens is if:

1. They can find a buyer who believes he will return 100% healthy, otherwise no chance someone takes on his salary

2. They are so bad this year that they are 100% sure they have their future franchise QB who is better than Luck

3. He passes his physical to his next new team

So, definitely not IMO.

No team should trade for an Andrew Luck the Colts are willing to deal.  If they're willing to trade him, it's because they don't feel he is viable as a long term answer at quarterback, likely due to lingering health issues.  You don't want to trade three first rounders for a quarterback who plays ten injury plagued games in three years and then retires because he just can't do it any more.  Or someone who is just a shell of his former self.  If he can return at 100%, they won't trade him. 

If I were the Colts, I would just shut him down, tank the season and draft the highest rated offensive tackle on their board with whatever pick they get and continue to build their defense in free agency. and day two of the draft.  Resigning or finding a replacement for Donte Moncrief wouldn't be a bad idea and next year could be a strong free agent wide receiver class.

No chance. And as Crickett said, if they are willing to deal, teams should see that as a red flag. 

If they IR him this year, and bomb with a high pick (top 2), they should be able to get a boatload of picks for a trade up to #2 if a team wants one of these quarterbacks. Works out just as well 

2 hours ago, Crickett said:

They will.  Dorsett was dealt for Brissett and Moncrief is going to hit free agency.  That leaves them with T.Y. Hilton and a whole lot of nothing at wide receiver. 

I would rather have that receiving corp than that defense or that OL.

Archived