Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

4 hours ago, MathMan said:

Homework assignment for everyone.

Here's a link to page 10 when I first mentioned how Woz was throwing around "talon"

Use fresh eyes to gauge whether Woz is civ or mafia.

NOTE: He volunteered to potentially be replaced. That says to me that he might have been mafia, and afraid he screwed up.

Huh. I was about to use this incident to show why my usage of Talon was just me playing along with the theme that Danger created. Didn't expect it to become evidence against me.

Okay then, to explain: I started out accusing EliteTexan80 because that should be the default position of any moderator ... no, any poster on this forum. When he showed up, he was snippy, throwing his Mr. "fanTASTic" or whatever around like that impresses me (Ron Howard voiceover: It doesn't.) When I didn't back down, he stonewalled me and killed the conversation. What I had originally thought was a simple obvious play now had possible ramifications.

At that point, as I started to press on ET, you said

On 9/25/2017 at 9:43 PM, MathMan said:

Woz, how much do you know about overwatch?

At this point, I started worrying that maybe this was ET playing his character and that I perhaps was outing a useful civ. As I said in response to your query, I know very little of Overwatch. I thought that it would be better for the Overwatch team (oh no, he used another in game term! GASP!!) if I bowed out since I could be hurting the team.

You later seemed to make it sound like it wasn't a big deal that I was ignorant. Which made me calm down a bit, but also back off of ET. To be fair, I'm not as sure as I was last night.

I kind of wish there was another Redskins poster here to show that this is generally how I roll in my posting style since I'm sure I'm going to be blamed for being loquacious (that would mean talkative, @Jlash ... I can expand your vocabulary while defending myself (DOUBLE GASP!! HE'S TALON!! (TRIPLE GASP!! HE'S USING THAT WORD AGAIN!!!!))).

Just now, MathMan said:

Im wondering if its because they both are packers fans.

Or, if jfin is laughing because a fellow mafia is bussing him.

Also, dont forget the dome connection.

Dome stated clearly in thread that he opposes lynching jfin unless he does something egrigious.

I would suggest lynching either jfin, cwood, or dome. I dont car which

gonna be so disappointed when these dweeb leeches hop on the fin wagon & i get lynched n1 again lol. yall think id leave something that glaring here if i mafia? i did edit & was posting not 100% sober yesterday, so i guess maybe. feel like there's enough good players that yall can sense that this is mafia malf.

4 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

bucs & malf are both mafia

Not as such about bucs, but MathMan is starting to light up my radar. And no, it's not the blitz earlier. It's this:

4 hours ago, MathMan said:

If beezee hasn't looked at his PM yet, can we replace him with Hokie High

@Danger

How would he know that beezee hasn't looked at his PM? At the point of that post, beezee and two others hadn't chimed in at all and another four have posted just once (only one of which was something more than "In" or somesuch). Nearly a third of people are barely involved, but he calls out beezee? Why would he care unless his fourth is inactive?

Then there was the whole "point out the edit" thing.

So, I'm changing to MathMan. beezee gets guilt by association. Still wondering about domepatrol91 and EliteTexan80 (but I'm cooling on ET).

Just now, Woz said:

Huh. I was about to use this incident to show why my usage of Talon was just me playing along with the theme that Danger created. Didn't expect it to become evidence against me.

Okay then, to explain: I started out accusing EliteTexan80 because that should be the default position of any moderator ... no, any poster on this forum. When he showed up, he was snippy, throwing his Mr. "fanTASTic" or whatever around like that impresses me (Ron Howard voiceover: It doesn't.) When I didn't back down, he stonewalled me and killed the conversation. What I had originally thought was a simple obvious play now had possible ramifications.

At that point, as I started to press on ET, you said

At this point, I started worrying that maybe this was ET playing his character and that I perhaps was outing a useful civ. As I said in response to your query, I know very little of Overwatch. I thought that it would be better for the Overwatch team (oh no, he used another in game term! GASP!!) if I bowed out since I could be hurting the team.

You later seemed to make it sound like it wasn't a big deal that I was ignorant. Which made me calm down a bit, but also back off of ET. To be fair, I'm not as sure as I was last night.

I kind of wish there was another Redskins poster here to show that this is generally how I roll in my posting style since I'm sure I'm going to be blamed for being loquacious (that would mean talkative, @Jlash ... I can expand your vocabulary while defending myself (DOUBLE GASP!! HE'S TALON!! (TRIPLE GASP!! HE'S USING THAT WORD AGAIN!!!!))).

Yeah, thats kind of what i thought 

Let it be noted that bucs and mission were also bringing up this narrative. I cant be a hyopcrit, but its a good surface thing to latch onto

Regardless, Its a good conversation piece.

I like your posting.

8 minutes ago, jfinley88 said:

gonna be so disappointed when these dweeb leeches hop on the fin wagon & i get lynched n1 again lol. yall think id leave something that glaring here if i mafia? i did edit & was posting not 100% sober yesterday, so i guess maybe. feel like there's enough good players that yall can sense that this is mafia malf.

I have a stronger mafia feel on dome 

Just now, jfinley88 said:

in case im lynched/hit tomorrow, im super cofident matts is civ. 

11 minutes ago, Woz said:
13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

what does this mean?

Per the theme, Talon = mafia / Overwatch = civs.

I guess I'm the only one who read the front post?

Its called an lolmattsclear, woz.

Thats why matts "doesnt know" what talon is

Archived