Overwatch Mafia: Night 6, Thursday 9 PM EST

Danger

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

James, youve been super whiteknighting and defending many people. And agreeing. And using logic

I dont know your mafia tell, but maybe thats it.

Or maybe you are a good civ 

I think a lot of my posts don't come off as intended. For instance, the day after I died last game a few civs thought I had been defending tyty. I probably do go too hard on the "logic" side of things though.

4 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

This is a complete non-sequitur, but any civ with a powerful move should be aware that the mafia almost certainly has a roleblock. Sombra's main ability in game is to "hack" enemies, and hacked enemies are unable to use their abilities.

Want to make sure this isn't missed.

2 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. If their activity level stays as low as it has, they'll get winnowed on their own.
  2. Chances are, if someone's level is low, they're Overwatch, not Talon.
  3. You'll say anything to get your head out of the noose.

The #2 is one more reason why you come across so scummy. That said - for now - untouch

1 minute ago, MathMan said:

Which means....civs shouldnt telegraph moves

Yep. Generally not a great strat anyway, but until Sombra's dead we should be especially careful.

I've been trying to think of anything special that the other mafia could have, but I think its probably just pretty standard stuff.

1 hour ago, theuntouchable said:

D1 vote are typically erratic and all over the place. In most of the games I've played in, mafia tend to place their votes in some obscure location just to get it out there. With KSJ popping on a few people's lists, makes sense in my eyes to try Sanchez.

Placeholder/likely inactive vote

9 minutes ago, james.mcmurry13 said:

This is a complete non-sequitur, but any civ with a powerful move should be aware that the mafia almost certainly has a roleblock. Sombra's main ability in game is to "hack" enemies, and hacked enemies are unable to use their abilities.

Ive been debating doing this since last night, but this is enough to push me over the edge. 

So @RandyMossIsBoss was right. There is a doomfist. I am assuming by my role he is the one who has hits from mafia. Also, we have an investigator. Its a character that @james.mcmurry13  thought was a tracker. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive been debating doing this since last night, but this is enough to push me over the edge. 

So @RandyMossIsBoss was right. There is a doomfist. I am assuming by my role he is the one who has hits from mafia. Also, we have an investigator. Its a character that @james.mcmurry13  thought was a tracker. 

Makes no sense why you would claim.

This information doesnt really help town at all.

Just gives mafia more info about you

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Understood. I was thinking either Doomfist or Reaper would be the "boss", either way Doomfist having a hit would make sense.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What's a doomfist? 

Archived