• Neville Gallimore [ IDL ] Oklahoma
    • Tee Higgins [ WR ] Clemson
    • Terrell Lewis [ EDGE ] Alabama
    • Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
    • Zach Baun [ EDGE ] Wisconsin
    • Other (Please State)
    • [Leave Blank]

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/14/2020 at 06:27 AM

I went offense here with Jackson, Mims, Taylor. I think Baltimore is in a good position to go all in with rookie Lamar so this bolsters it. The Chiefs being their main obstacle means that they need an offense to be able to come back from early deficits/keep up with Mahomes. I wanted to put all RB here as a great running game really helps the offense churn (as last years injury proved) but Baltimore is also a team that values draft position. Still though, getting a5th year option might make it enticing enough.  Mims just opens up more space across from Hollywood (though probably more a luxury pick).

I voted Denzel Mims, Antoine Winfield Jr, Grant Delpit.

With this board falling the way it has where all the safeties are still on the board, I would instead target the receiver early and instead trade up to get one of those safeties afterwards. Mims would be an ideal addition to our WR core, he’s got the production, track record, and athleticism that should excite the front office as well.

That said those three safeties would all be ideal fits considering the frequency of which we tend to go with 3 safety packages, they would see the field far more than any ILB drafted early.

Zack Baun however I didn’t even realize was still available until after I voted (🤪) would probably be most ideal from a deployment strategy and talent perspective. In retrospect I would probably change him to #1 or #2 considering my earlier point about Mims.

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

With this board falling the way it has where all the safeties are still on the board, I would instead target the receiver early and instead trade up to get one of those safeties afterwards. Mims would be an ideal addition to our WR core, he’s got the production, track record, and athleticism that should excite the front office as well.

That said those three safeties would all be ideal fits considering the frequency of which we tend to go with 3 safety packages, they would see the field far more than any ILB drafted early.

Zack Baun however I didn’t even realize was still available until after I voted (🤪) would probably be most ideal from a deployment strategy and talent perspective. In retrospect I would probably change him to #1 or #2 considering my earlier point about Mims.

Darn it, fatal mistake. Looks like Kenneth Murray will win the poll because I somehow didn’t realize Baun was available before making my vote, rookie mistake. Hopefully some passerby will redeem me by voting Baun and leaving Murray out of the equation.

Baun- 39, 12, 8: 58 points

Murray- 36, 18, 4: 59 points

3 hours ago, Chiefer said:

Zach Baun is really leading the race?

Likely due to Ravens fans. No actual Ravens fan likes Kenneth Murray as a fit for our team. Whereas Baun addresses a position of greater need (pass rush was over-reliant on creative blitz packages for any type of success. Whereas ILB we saw superior play, it just lacks a big name.

9 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

I'll stick you down for a 2 for Baun then

16 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

A non-rush should be on the field just about every down to justify a first round pick. D-lineman usually rotate in/out, even the all-pros.

The Ravens gave the green dot last year to Chuck Clark, a SS that we just extended, partially to not have to commit to an ILB who is always on the field. To be fair, we didn't have any ILB close to being worth that much action, but I believe they like the concept beyond fitting to the talent they had last year. They can draft a 2 down linebacker to attack in the run game and go with extra DBs on passign downs.

and @sp6488 I'd agree. I thought Murray was 3 down and a mainstay in that defense if I'm being honest

Murray doesn’t go before 32 on real draft day imo. Very solid prospect but this type of LB isn’t worth a 1st in todays NFL. Not to mention the medical concerns and his instincts aren’t the greatest. 32-36 is the range for Murray. I could see the Ravens picking him if Baun/Epenesa are gone, though. Draft day should be fun.