Colts add new logo

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

While not a big deal (and I'm not a member of such an activist group), they are kind of mean.  Let me try to nail your shoes on your bare feet and let me know how you like it.  xD

Oh I don't disagree lol. I've been waiting for this for a decade now and am surprised it hasn't happened.The nails reportedly don't hurt the horse but how do we really know? 

But that's enough of this discussion b/c I don't want this go down certain paths lol.

41 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Oh I don't disagree lol. I've been waiting for this for a decade now and am surprised it hasn't happened.The nails reportedly don't hurt the horse but how do we really know? 

But that's enough of this discussion b/c I don't want this go down certain paths lol.

There are no nerve endings as the hoof is basically a giant toe nail as they’re both made of keratin. But underneath the hoof are tender nerves; the hoof gets worn down over time on hard unnatural surfaces, so without the horseshoe, the horse will eventually be in walk-inhibiting pain.

It’s the exact opposite of hurting the horse.

15 minutes ago, Duluther said:

There are no nerve endings as the hoof is basically a giant toe nail as they’re both made of keratin. But underneath the hoof are tender nerves; the hoof gets worn down over time on hard unnatural surfaces, so without the horseshoe, the horse will eventually be in walk-inhibiting pain.

It’s the exact opposite of hurting the horse.

Fair enough.  I'm certainly no expert and have never claimed to be, since I was never a horse-rider in the first place.  I'm city-folk, born and raised.  ;)