Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

In what world is he worth 20m??? If Arsenal sells I will lose all respect for Wenger (the little I have).

He's not being sold and I don't even think his agent is going to let him agree to be sold this window.  Basically there are two offers on the table to Alexis from City from what i've heard.  One where he comes this window and receives a lucrative signing bonus and Arsenal are paid this 20m transfer fee and the other where he signs a pre-contract and moves in the summer, Arsenal receive squat in return, and Alexis' signing bonus is somewhere between 2-3x what it would be in the first offer. 

Any agent in his right mind, unless Alexis is dead-set on leaving right now, is going to pretty much hide any pen he can from his client in order to make sure the second deal where they cash out at more is the one that's taken.

1 hour ago, drd23 said:

In the world where he is gone in 6 months anyway, maybe?

Arsenal should have enough dignity to reject that I don't care if he has 6 months or not.... If City wants him now pay what he is worth, 20m is a slap in the face. If not Arsenal should make him wait. He is still going to play and help challenge for the top 4.

5 hours ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Di Marzio saying Madrid are planning to go for Salah in the summer... I hope they get Salah, Kane, and Courtois :P

Ha, Madrid would struggle to afford one of them. Let alone all three. I believe they also have a long standing interest in De Gea :P

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Does Sanchez' price drop because he's run his contract down?

See the post I made above.  From everything I've heard, and one of the guys I follow pretty closely is tight-in enough with the club to typically be able to smell out BS when it's there (he's also tight with Philippe Auclair who is more right than wrong on a lot of these things), that the two offers thing is legit.  Basically there's an offer on City's part to try and get him this winter because, let's face it, they drop 20m in the toilet every morning after their coffee, metaphorically speaking.  Wenger's been adamant that neither Sanchez or Ozil are leaving this January.  And ultimately, though it's looking like a long-shot outside of winning Europa League, CL qualification (which having Alexis puts Arsenal closer to than not having him - particularly with the way Wenger is about slow-integrating new signings into the lineup) will return more money to the coffers than 20m now from City.

But there are less papers to be sold with a headline of Sanchez to sign and come in the summer (which is the staggeringly most likely outcome) than ones that tease Sanchez could come sooner and help City to a potentially invincible season.

• Like 2

I'm excited to see Pritchard at Huddersfield. I think he fits what they do very well and it will be good to see him in Premier League. He's a fun player and looked like he was about to break into the Spurs squad before he suffered a bad injury and was shipped out while he was still trying to regain his form. 

12 hours ago, texans_uk said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5316406/chinese-super-league-cedric-bakambu-villareal-beijing-guoan/

Linked with West Ham, West Brom and Newcastle. 

Becomes all time most expensive African footballer. 

He will probably do absolutely nothing here. Same as almost all the big names have done since joining the league.