Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Weird. Don't want Matic but wants Barkley who can't even get into the England team....

I mean, let's not pretend like the FA know what they're doing with the England side to the level that "not being able to make the England team" is some huge knock.  The FA have been adamant (as has been made clear by their managerial appointments) that they expect a very specific brand of football played - and if a player doesn't fit terribly well to that particular brand (a brand that is pushing 30 years behind modern international football), it's not really a huge knock on him.

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

What are you talking about? 

Matic wanted to leave and we don’t keep players who want to leave. Matic and Barkley aren’t even the same player.

OK, if he wanted to leave, then fair. I know they're not the same player, I just found it strange. Matic out and Barkley in a net loss in terms of overall talent. 

7 hours ago, The LBC said:

I mean, let's not pretend like the FA know what they're doing with the England side to the level that "not being able to make the England team" is some huge knock.  The FA have been adamant (as has been made clear by their managerial appointments) that they expect a very specific brand of football played - and if a player doesn't fit terribly well to that particular brand (a brand that is pushing 30 years behind modern international football), it's not really a huge knock on him.

What brand is that? I can't detect a brand. One minute they're sticking Rooney in a deep lying playmaking position and asking him to be Pirlo (whilst he sprays balls into touch). Next they're picking the young speedsters and asking for a direct approach. Like you said, not sure if they know what they're doing. 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

OK, if he wanted to leave, then fair. I know they're not the same player, I just found it strange. Matic out and Barkley in a net loss in terms of overall talent. 

In talent there isn’t much of a difference, if at all. Besides Kante and Matic together is redundant.