Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

10 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

It should be view on its own merit but experience in the PL shouldn't be a valid argument,or an argument at all, for a difference of 15mil. 

You tried to point out that Morata wasn't a regular starter to imply that he wasn't good enough for Madrid and that Lukaku would've started. That's why rebutall was what you got.

I think it should matter. Players have failed to adjust to the Premier League even if they are quality players and especially players who rely more on technical skill than physical ability. If there are two players who are on a similar skill level I think it would be a bit foolish to not take the known quality who has had success at multiple clubs in the Premier League. 

I disagree about Morata not starting in Madrid because of the president. That may be part of the issue but I think the more important reason is that Benzema does a better job of bringing out the best in Ronaldo who is their star man. 

I think both players are at a similar level as far as talent but Lukaku was the safer bet in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Think he's gone in Jan or no? If City are at the latter stages of 3 cups and the league they might want that extra body. 25m? 

Mhmmm, its tough to tell. If their wingers/forwards are firing I don't see why they would but they pick up an injury they might. 25 is a lot to pick up someone 6 month early even in this market. I think Sanchez will go 15-20m but who knows with Citeh. 

Frankly if  I was city I probably wouldn't go for him at all. He is 29 in Dec and I don't think his game will age that well. I think he has about 2 maybe 3 good years left before he falls off a cliff. 

4 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I think it should matter. Players have failed to adjust to the Premier League even if they are quality players and especially players who rely more on technical skill than physical ability. If there are two players who are on a similar skill level I think it would be a bit foolish to not take the known quality who has had success at multiple clubs in the Premier League. 

I disagree about Morata not starting in Madrid because of the president. That may be part of the issue but I think the more important reason is that Benzema does a better job of bringing out the best in Ronaldo who is their star man. 

I think both players are at a similar level as far as talent but Lukaku was the safer bet in my opinion. 

Ok say that is viable argument, what about the fact Morata is proven in the CL and Lukaku isn't ? Does PL only matter? 

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Wow this winter window as snuck up on me. Hadn't even though about it at all, seems like there are a lot less rumors than usual. 

VVD to City would be incredible and make a dominant force almost untouchable, at least in the league. 

This would be the biggest middle finger for Liverpool lol.