Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

40 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

To be honest, in today's money that's the equivalent of Liverpool buying Rickie Lambert for 4m a few years ago. 

True, but an an unnecessary move. Where are we going to fit both Llorente and Janssen in? We never play with 2 up top and Son would be a better option as the second striker anyway.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Morata we paid significantly less than what we would've paid for Lukaku lol. 

Rightfully so. 

One had 53 PL goals in 110 games, including 25 last season.

The other has 1 good season in La Liga scoring against the likes of Granada and Leganes. 

£15m seems an appropriate discrepancy and if we pay the full £100m I imagine it will pay for itself. 

39 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Rightfully so. 

One had 53 PL goals in 110 games, including 25 last season.

The other has 1 good season in La Liga scoring against the likes of Granada and Leganes. 

£15m seems an appropriate discrepancy and if we pay the full £100m I imagine it will pay for itself. 

One guy started week in week out and had a team built around him. The other was largely a substitute and still had a better strike rate. There isn't a 15mil difference between the two.

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

One guy started week in week out and had a team built around him. The other was largely a substitute and still had a better strike rate. There isn't a 15mil difference between the two.

One played for a club who finished 7th, the other played for the European Champions.

One carried the load for his team, the other was an expendable afterthought in a team of superstars. 

One has a very good goalscoring record in the PL, the other had played 1 game in England. 

Lukaku was/is a proven commodity, Morata was/is still an unknown. 

Definitely worth the 15m.

4 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

One played for a club who finished 7th, the other played for the European Champions.

One carried the load for his team, the other was an expendable afterthought in a team of superstars. 

One has a very good goalscoring record in the PL, the other had played 1 game in England. 

Lukaku was/is a proven commodity, Morata was/is still an unknown. 

Definitely worth the 15m.

Exactly one played for a team of superstars because he was deemed good enough to be on that team. One guy is proven in the CL, the other isn't. Lukaku is more proven I'll give you that but that don't mean he is better or worth the gap. Unless you think Sigurdson is worth the same as Bernado Silva because he is more proven?

13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Unless you think Sigurdson is worth the same as Bernado Silva because he is more proven?

That's quite a stretch. Each transfer has to be viewed on merit, is Kyle Walker twice the defender Serge Aurier is? No. Does he have more PL experience? Yes. Did Tottenham need to sell? No. 

Is Kevin Wimmer more valuable than Harry Maguire? No. Did Tottenham need to sell? No. Did Hull City? Yes. 

Does Morata have more experience than Lukaku in the CL? Yes. Does Lukaku have more international experience? Yes.

17 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Exactly one played for a team of superstars because he was deemed good enough to be on that team.

This is just waffle. Lukaku would have made the Madrid bench too with ease. 

Expendable afterthought??? The only reason he didn't start last year, and was subsequently forced out, is because of our ****head of a president. He outplayed Benzema last year and it wasn't even close - not his fault Florentino prefers an older, inferior player

I don't care about this Lukaku vs Morata debate at all but don't sell the man short

14 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

I don't care about this Lukaku vs Morata debate at all but don't sell the man short

You're right it was a tad harsh, but when it comes to transfer value, being deemed expendable (even if it's because your owner stinks) by your club affects your value. 

6 hours ago, texans_uk said:

Definitely, usually get 1 shocker at the 11th hour. 

When the biggest late transfer is Sakho to Palace you know it's been disappointing. 

Seriously. I fell asleep watching them try and act like something interesting was happening.

5 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Seriously. I fell asleep watching them try and act like something interesting was happening.

Kinda like the January window. 

Only thing that's peaked my interest is what happens between now and Jan 31st for Sanchez and Barkley. Do they sign new contracts? Do teams like City, who might be still in 4 competitions come again with a cut price fee? Do Arsenal and Everton sit it out? 

22 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Kinda like the January window. 

Only thing that's peaked my interest is what happens between now and Jan 31st for Sanchez and Barkley. Do they sign new contracts? Do teams like City, who might be still in 4 competitions come again with a cut price fee? Do Arsenal and Everton sit it out? 

Ross will probably sign a new contract but Sanchez is gone. 

2 hours ago, texans_uk said:

That's quite a stretch. Each transfer has to be viewed on merit, is Kyle Walker twice the defender Serge Aurier is? No. Does he have more PL experience? Yes. Did Tottenham need to sell? No. 

Is Kevin Wimmer more valuable than Harry Maguire? No. Did Tottenham need to sell? No. Did Hull City? Yes. 

Does Morata have more experience than Lukaku in the CL? Yes. Does Lukaku have more international experience? Yes.

This is just waffle. Lukaku would have made the Madrid bench too with ease. 

It should be view on its own merit but experience in the PL shouldn't be a valid argument,or an argument at all, for a difference of 15mil. 

You tried to point out that Morata wasn't a regular starter to imply that he wasn't good enough for Madrid and that Lukaku would've started. That's why rebutall was what you got.