Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

3 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

What's next, Pedro isn't that good? 

Na, Pedro is good.  Very intelligent, very technical, good instincts, team player, good end product.

I've never talked to anyone who rates Batshuayi based on his year+ with Chelsea.  His performances have all been poor, he has shown absolutely nothing.

As far as Willian, yea he has a great work rate and is extremely technical, but he is completely overhyped due to his free kick goals in our down year.  His speed of play is pathetic.  He hangs on to the ball way too long and makes awful decisions when he ends up actually releasing it.  Good highlight player, but not that productive. 

8 minutes ago, marky mark said:

Lukaku, Chamberlain, Llorente, and now Barkley turned down Chelsea. o.O

Chelsea never bid on Lukaku, didn't want to pay an outrageous agent fee.  Worked out better anyways, Morata is a more complete player.

2 minutes ago, PAW said:

Na, Pedro is good.  Very intelligent, very technical, good instincts, team player, good end product.

I've never talked to anyone who rates Batshuayi based on his year+ with Chelsea.  His performances have all been poor, he has shown absolutely nothing.

As far as Willian, yea he has a great work rate and is extremely technical, but he is completely overhyped due to his free kick goals in our down year.  His speed of play is pathetic.  He hangs on to the ball way too long and makes awful decisions when he ends up actually releasing it.  Good highlight player, but not that productive. 

Disagree. Willian offers dynamic ability. Can create out of nothing, great picking up the ball deep. His IQ is really good but sometimes he lets himself down with the execution more than anything. Yeah when he gets into wide areas he likes to slow it down and yet he tends to get separation doing that. 

3 minutes ago, PAW said:

Chelsea never bid on Lukaku, didn't want to pay an outrageous agent fee.  Worked out better anyways, Morata is a more complete player.

Now that I agree with. We never actually bid on Llorente. Didn't we bid Lukaku at the last min when he had already decided to go. This is what I mean though, how can Conte be mad at the board when either teams are asking stupid prices or we are being flat out rejected?

In case you missed it earlier on, Borussia Dortmund have handed the number seven shirt vacated by Ousmane Dembele to an England youth international, after making the most left-field signing of transfer deadline day.

The German giants have signed Manchester City and England Under-17 forward Jadon Sancho for a fee in the region of £10m.

Rather interesting. 

4 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

In case you missed it earlier on, Borussia Dortmund have handed the number seven shirt vacated by Ousmane Dembele to an England youth international, after making the most left-field signing of transfer deadline day.

The German giants have signed Manchester City and England Under-17 forward Jadon Sancho for a fee in the region of £10m.

Rather interesting. 

Sounds like he's got potential to be the English Christian Pulisic.

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Disagree. Willian offers dynamic ability. Can create out of nothing, great picking up the ball deep. His IQ is really good but sometimes he lets himself down with the execution more than anything. Yeah when he gets into wide areas he likes to slow it down and yet he tends to get separation doing that. 

I don't mean to be overly critical of Willian but I tend to agree with @PAW. He's an incredibly talented player, but his decision making is often suspect and its pretty clear what he's going to try to do most of the time.(run down the right flank, do a few step overs to the right, and then try to quickly cut back onto the left.) And for a winger known for his free kick taking ability, his delivery into the box from open play is pretty poor. If United would have wanted to splash some cash for him I wouldn't be too upset.

6 hours ago, PAW said:

Conte wanted Lukaku and is still mad he didn't get him. Morata was always plan B... but whatever makes you sleep at night.

4 hours ago, Imarobot said:

I don't mean to be overly critical of Willian but I tend to agree with @PAW. He's an incredibly talented player, but his decision making is often suspect and its pretty clear what he's going to try to do most of the time.(run down the right flank, do a few step overs to the right, and then try to quickly cut back onto the left.) And for a winger known for his free kick taking ability, his delivery into the box from open play is pretty poor. If United would have wanted to splash some cash for him I wouldn't be too upset.

When does Willian ever try to cut it to his left? His go to move is try to get as much separation as possible by beating you towards the by line.  

1 hour ago, Eagles $5$ said:

Conte wanted Lukaku and is still mad he didn't get him. Morata was always plan B... but whatever makes you sleep at night.

Conte wanted him but we were never wanted to pay those ridiculous fees