Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

• 4 weeks later...

Liverpool with the end-around to snake Chelsea for Caicedo and if they get him registered quick enough, Caicedo could end up playing against Chelsea to open the season.  Now I just need Brighton to pip Chelsea to Lavia (I doubt it happens, but Brighton have the funds now) for Bingo!

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Very surprised Madrid would rather get Kepa on loan than sign DDG for a year. 

Win win for all three parties.

Courtois is still the number 1 and has plenty of years left, assuming he comes back healthy. De Gea was on a fortune at United and would have wanted similar, plus a longer term deal than would suit Real.

Kepa gets the chance to be the number 1 in a league he’s already done well in and Chelsea get to put him in the shop window for a year, with a view to selling him next year to help balance their FFP numbers.

I’m surprised De Gea hasn’t got a club yet, but it’s probably a sign that he wants too much money for his skill set.

On 8/11/2023 at 1:44 PM, Dr LBC said:

Liverpool with the end-around to snake Chelsea for Caicedo and if they get him registered quick enough, Caicedo could end up playing against Chelsea to open the season.  Now I just need Brighton to pip Chelsea to Lavia (I doubt it happens, but Brighton have the funds now) for Bingo!

Chelsea with Caicedo and now..

Theyre at over 160m just addressing the midfield.

Meanwhile Everton had to sell and cut just to unleash a 22.5m bid on a player. Cant believe they have been driven this hard into the ground. Without Dyche theyre Derby County.

Typical "my mate heard it from a mate" story, but from what I am told, Chelsea heavily leaned on the London / South factor to win over Lavia and Caicedo.

Both players were living on the South Coast where the weather is substantially better than in the North West, and obviously London isn't all that far away from the same climate.

Not sure if it's true, but it makes sense. I cannot describe how bad the rain has been here in Lancashire the last 6 weeks. Never seen a 'Summer' like it.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Typical "my mate heard it from a mate" story, but from what I am told, Chelsea heavily leaned on the London / South factor to win over Lavia and Caicedo.

Both players were living on the South Coast where the weather is substantially better than in the North West, and obviously London isn't all that far away from the same climate.

Not sure if it's true, but it makes sense. I cannot describe how bad the rain has been here in Lancashire the last 6 weeks. Never seen a 'Summer' like it.

It’s always been the same. If you have someone who has no affinity to any English club and is getting paid an absolute fortune regardless, who would choose Liverpool/ Manchester over London?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

If you have someone who has no affinity to any English club and is getting paid an absolute fortune regardless, who would choose Liverpool/ Manchester over London?

Yeh, not many would and I don't blame them.

I suppose the (crazy) 8 year contracts being handed out by Chelsea is also a factor.

11 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Chelsea with Caicedo and now..

Theyre at over 160m just addressing the midfield.

Meanwhile Everton had to sell and cut just to unleash a 22.5m bid on a player. Cant believe they have been driven this hard into the ground. Without Dyche theyre Derby County.

Yeah, I jinxed it.

At this point, I'm just hoping Chelsea manage to miss out on CL qualification (which with United continuing to get their customary refereeing decision advantage - PGMOL having to issue Wolves an apology in only the opening weekend of the season because of a blatant missed PK; and Newcastle looking strong out the gate... there's at least hope) because then they might actually have to face some sort of FFP (who am I kidding?  yeah right!) consequence.

12 hours ago, Dr LBC said:

Yeah, I jinxed it.

At this point, I'm just hoping Chelsea manage to miss out on CL qualification (which with United continuing to get their customary refereeing decision advantage - PGMOL having to issue Wolves an apology in only the opening weekend of the season because of a blatant missed PK; and Newcastle looking strong out the gate... there's at least hope) because then they might actually have to face some sort of FFP (who am I kidding?  yeah right!) consequence.

A billion since Boehly has taken over.

Could help Forest though. Had talks over Odoi a month ago. Now linking with Trevoh Chaiobah.

With Ziyech, Lukaku and Gallagher all up for grabs.

On 8/11/2023 at 10:44 AM, Dr LBC said:

hahahahaha

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...