Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

14 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Maddison heading to the Spurs for 40mil.

Solid deal. A month ago I would have guessed Newcastle for 60-65mil.

That does seem like a very solid deal. Who's left for Leicester that should be moved? Youri? Pereira? Dewsbury?

47 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Arsenal want 50mil ($64mil) for Folarin Balogun.

Seems far fetched. But I wouldnt mind seeing Forest offer 35 with 5 in potential add-ons.

Sure. So far hes a 1 hit wonder. But he aint Chris Wood and thats good enough for me.

It is far fetched but some players have gone for a lot more after lesser seasons in similar quality leagues (Enzo, Mudryk). 21 goals at 21 years old should be good for at least 40 in this market.

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

It is far fetched but some players have gone for a lot more after lesser seasons in similar quality leagues (Enzo, Mudryk). 21 goals at 21 years old should be good for at least 40 in this market.

PSG should nab him. Hes proven in that league, looks like theyll need a striker, help with the North American market.

Forest is saying theyll be spending 100m this Summer. Its a BAD need  If upwards of half of that went to him. I really wouldnt mind honestly. Spent 35m on MGW. Spent 16m to basically borrow Chris Wood for 5 months. If 40-45s their bottom line for Balogun, Id sign.

Forest hard after Hudson-Odoi from Chelsea.

He ruptured his Achilles Easter 2021. Along with other injuries since. Cooper coached him in the U17s in 2017 and loved his potential to the extent he still wants him now. But has he ever showed signs of being the same player he was since returning from the Achilles? 

12 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

He ruptured his Achilles Easter 2021. Along with other injuries since. Cooper coached him in the U17s in 2017 and loved his potential to the extent he still wants him now. But has he ever showed signs of being the same player he was since returning from the Achilles? 

Ross Wilson chasing a player who’s always injured? Well, I never.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

Ross Wilson chasing a player who’s always injured? Well, I never.

Forgot about him. I was thinking more on how Cooper brought in Ayew cause they were at Swansea together.

Hope we dont end up with 2 Ross's. Cant figure how he was even considered for the position.

On 7/6/2023 at 6:38 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Haven’t really watched him, but from what I’ve read he’s washed because of it.

20 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Forgot about him. I was thinking more on how Cooper brought in Ayew cause they were at Swansea together.

Hope we dont end up with 2 Ross's. Cant figure how he was even considered for the position.

Ross Wilson is an express ticket back to the championship for you guys. I don’t know a single Rangers fan who didn’t want him sacked long before he was offered the Forest job.

His transfer record is incredibly poor and is a big part of the reason why the rot set in at Southampton. 

On 6/29/2023 at 8:04 AM, MikeT14 said:

That does seem like a very solid deal. Who's left for Leicester that should be moved? Youri? Pereira? Dewsbury?

Newcastle have put up 35m for Harvey Barnes and Forest are in talks for Kelechi Iheanacho for around 25m.

Your following Leeds right? Theyre holding together with the drop pretty well so far it seems. Couple names headed out.  But no position seems to be downgrading as heavily as Leicester will end up in spots.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 1:51 PM, packerstk7 said:
On 7/5/2023 at 1:01 PM, PARROTHEAD said:

Arsenal want 50mil ($64mil) for Folarin Balogun.

Seems far fetched. But I wouldnt mind seeing Forest offer 35 with 5 in potential add-ons.

Sure. So far hes a 1 hit wonder. But he aint Chris Wood and thats good enough for me.

Also, 50mil is a starting point (you always make your first demand high - remember when West Ham were billed to be seeking 120m for Rice?  Additionally, Arsenal are not in any position where they're forced to sell; Balogun has multiple years left on his contract (and an option for a further year beyond that).  And, I'd be shocked if they wouldn't be insistent on at minimum a sell-on clause if not a buy-back or ROFR clause in the sale agreement, which would be something they'd have to concede some on price in order to get.  So naturally, you set your initial price point high and leave yourself room to be "bargained down" in order to gain the concessions you want.