Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

LeeEvans

United, once again, playing an incredibly dangerous game of splashing out big money (both fee and contract) on an ageing player in Casemiro.

Personally, I don't think United's biggest hole in midfield is a 'DM'. Everyone gets so hung up on these terms; ultimately, are United really missing a CM to shield their back 4? Personally, I don't think that is the problem.

Their problem is giving up the transitions in the first place which stems from terrrrrrrible ball retention under pressure in their own half, and a lazy culture of being willing to run press/get back in position in the opposition half, leading to easy build up play.

Does Casemiro really fix these issues? Whilst he isn't anywhere near as clunky as Fred or McTominay in possession under pressure, he's not the type to take the ball from his GK/Defenders on the half turn, and to then progress the ball forward between the lines (ala Rodri, Fabinho, prime Busquets, Kimmich,etc).

United are in absolute dire need of this type of player. Someone confident taking the ball under pressure and getting the ball forward quickly. FDJ clearly fits the need but you can't tell me there aren't young players out there who we can buy cheap and develop.

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

United, once again, playing an incredibly dangerous game of splashing out big money (both fee and contract) on an ageing player in Casemiro.

Personally, I don't think United's biggest hole in midfield is a 'DM'. Everyone gets so hung up on these terms; ultimately, are United really missing a CM to shield their back 4? Personally, I don't think that is the problem.

Their problem is giving up the transitions in the first place which stems from terrrrrrrible ball retention under pressure in their own half, and a lazy culture of being willing to run press/get back in position in the opposition half, leading to easy build up play.

Does Casemiro really fix these issues? Whilst he isn't anywhere near as clunky as Fred or McTominay in possession under pressure, he's not the type to take the ball from his GK/Defenders on the half turn, and to then progress the ball forward between the lines (ala Rodri, Fabinho, prime Busquets, Kimmich,etc).

United are in absolute dire need of this type of player. Someone confident taking the ball under pressure and getting the ball forward quickly. FDJ clearly fits the need but you can't tell me there aren't young players out there who we can buy cheap and develop.

Tielemens is cheap and is a good ball progresser. Come get him.

16 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

He will help muddy up the oppositions passing lanes but other than that; not much.

Varane should play next to Martinez for a game or 2. If not, they should go to a back 3. And not do stupid stuff like playing Eriksen at #9 spot. 

don't think they have the pair to sit Bruno because he's worse than Ronny with the pouting. 

“Nottingham Forest has offered a 50 million euro package for (Djibril) Sow. It’s about 20 million euros for the transfer, five million in bonuses and then, of course, his wages,” Boni explains. 

Still trying to spend. 3 players like this pending. Could total 17+ signings.

The crickets from teams like LC and WHU is now deafening.

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Auba and Zakaria to Chelsea 

Akanji to City 

Arsenal did not get Luiz

Didnt get Arsenals push for Luiz. Am I wrong to say I think it might be for the best they didnt get him? 

Forest with 20+ signings. Feels like an NFL expansion team. Less confident of staying up now than when it was just a dozen signings.