Sure to be mocked mock (2 rounds trades)

Mrd27

Trade Chart References: JJ: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp RH: https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart-Rich-Hill.asp

1. Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

Until anyone hears differently, this seems to be the consensus first overall pick

2. Redskins: Chase Young, Edge, Ohio State

Seems like Washington is content to stay put and select Young, can’t blame them.

3. Jaguars via Lions (Yannick Ngakoue, 137, Rams 2021 1st for 3): Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama

Wow, OK so I don’t see the chargers or dolphins moving up. Miami, from everything I’ve read seems fine with going Herbert. LA could then see if Tua falls, which he would if there are no other trade partners, or just take Love at 6. So I think Detrioit goes fishing, and maybe if they don’t have to give up anything this year other than a 4th along with the Rams extra first which won’t be too high, Jax would bite on this. It’s a good fit because they are OK with Minshew playing for as long as they need him to while Tua sits, but no one would be up in arms about Ttua replacing him at some point in the season. If Minshew plays well, they can probably get a second round pick back for him next year, and only end up dropping 20-30 picks or so from where the Rams pick would have been. Meanwhile, Detroit who is in “win now” or at least “get a lot better” mode, adds a playmaker at pass rusher who probably makes them better than anyone they can get at this pick for this season. If you rate out Y.N. as a first round pick, I’m considering that 1000 pts on the JJ model, 300 on the RH. Same rating for the rams first, where the 3rd overall is 2200 and 514 on the JJ and RH models. 137 is 37.5 and 15 respectively. That means on the JJ scale, Jags win this trade +162.5, on the RH, they lose -100... so it’s about right there.

4. Giants: Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson

I would not be surprised if Jedrick Wills is the pick (factoring in the judge-alabama connection), yet it would be foolish for them to pass an arguably the second best player in the draft at #4 from a value standpoint, especially with a swiss cheese defense. They didn’t pass on Barkley for need, I don’t see them passing on Simmons either. For me there are only 3 scenarios – Simmons, Wills, or trade out. Can’t see any other pick.

5. Dolphins: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

Miami seems content to take to take Herbert. Maybe we are surprised and this is Love, but I don’t see Miami wasting it’s capital to go get Tua when they like Herbert just as much and give up nothing to get him… if that’s true and it isn’t a smoke screen.

6. Chargers: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

I don’t see Green Bay or New England with enough assets to be able to trade up here. That said, it’s possible that a team does go up and get him this high, and I do think SD wants to move back, but for now I don’t see anyone with the assets to go get either Love or Derrick brown here so I think they’ll just take him like the giants did with jones last year.

7. Carolina Panthers:  Derrick Brown, DL, Auburn

Another team that will listen to offers, but I don’t see anything being as good as taking a top tier defensive lineman like brown here, who I have as my #4A overall player behind Young, Simmons, & Burrow and tied with Okudah. 4th best player at 7 is great value.

8. Dolphins via Cardinals (18, 56, 141 for 8): Tristan Wirfs, OL, Iowa

Arizona, not having a second round pick, is a prime candidate to trade down I think. The dolphins have an extra second to give, so they move up to get their choice of LT to protect Herbert, instead of hoping one of the top 3 falls to them at 18. I think Wills is the better prospect, but Wirf’s athleticism is intriguing and could make him the top tackle selected. Miami is in a true re-build and therefore has time to wait on the potential. Trade value here is is +124.5 for Mia on the JJ model and +7 on the RH model. Dallas is another team to watch to trade to this spot to snag Okudah ahead of Jax, but ultimately Miami has more to offer.

9. Jaguars: Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State

After landing Tua and retaining their first rounders this year, the Jags look to address the secondary in the post Buoye Ramsey world. 4th overall player (tie) at 9 is tremendous.

10. Browns: Jedrick Wills, OT, Alabama

I think Denver will talk to Cleveland about moving up for a wr, but ultimately the asking price is a bit high for a team that needs their picks to get better as a contender in the AFC west. If it was a light WR class, maybe they do it, but it’s arguably the deepest WR class we’ve ever seen. That said, Cleveland stands pat and fills their LT spot with the best tackle in the draft IMO.

11. Jets: Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

People have been speculating WR here, but I know Joe Douglas has been quoted saying there is a lack of good offensive lineman in the NFL, and I believe that if he sees one he thinks can be elite, he won’t pass them. This is a deep WR class where he can get one later on. I do think they like Perriman’s potential still too. Thomas is plug and play at either tackle position, and is more pro-ready than a Mekhi Becton. With Sam going into his third year, there is more pressure on this organization to give him tools to win now before he would be due for either a pay day or release, Thomas helps accomplish that more than any other player I think.

12. Raiders: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma

We saw this year what a big playmaker like Darren Waller can do in this Gruden offense, now you add one outside with the combination of a run game, and this offense is qb play away from being very, very good. Jeudy is a better route runner and probably slightly better overall but I think Lamb would make more of an impact in this offense – although I am interested in Raider’s fan feedback on who you would go with.

13. 49ers via Colts: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama

SF is a prime trade down candidate also, yet with Jeudy falling into their lap I’m not sure they could pass on that unless an offer really blew them away, which I don’t see.

14. Buccaneers: Josh Jones, OT, Houston

A little bit of a surprise here. I think Jones is a better pass protector than Becton, and he’s more ready to do so now. Becton has huge upside, but his tape doesn’t really show top half of round one play. Maybe Jones’s doesn’t either, but Tampa needs someone more ready to play rather than a developmental prospect who will need time and coaching which I think gets Jones the nod.

15. Broncos: Henry Ruggs III, WR, Alabama

Staying put pays off, and they get their speed WR to compliment Cortland Sutton and help Lock develop. My guess is if Lock doesn’t work out, Elway could be gone, so I see him doing everything he can to prove he didn’t waste this second round pick last year and yet another QB.

16. Falcons: Javon Kinlaw, DL, South Carolina

The falcons have some work to do on the defensive side of the ball. They could end up going with Henderson which would make sense, or Chaisson (who I think is the most over-rated prospect in the draft and could fall to round 2), but ultimately Kinlaw is the best defensive player available here and so they add him to further beef up the rotation. You just really can’t have enough defensive lineman, and even with the bigger need in the second level, Kinlaw is just a better player than those 2.

17. Cowboys: CJ Henderson, CB, Florida

After losing Byron Jones, I think Dallas has to make this pick or their secondary is going to get shredded by the elite offenses in the NFL, which will keep them from being a true contender.

18. Cardinals via Dolphins via Steelers: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville

An ideal fit, that they may very well end up taking at 8 if they don’t trade. Becton’s raw talent fits the situation here and 18 is about right for him. Getting him plus the extra second is a HR for the Cards. My tackle rankings are like so 1A. Wills, 1B. Wirfs, 2. Thomas 3A. Jones 3B. Becton.

19. Vikings via Raiders via Bears (22, 58, 205 for 19 & 81):  Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU

The raiders convert their extra third into a second (which they don’t have currently) to only move down a few spots. The Vikings meanwhile leapfrog the Eagles to grab what could end up a better version of Stefon Diggs in Justin Jefferson. +40 for LV on JJ, +13 for LV on RH

20. Jaguars via Rams: Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota

Jags continue to rebuild the defense. Kind of a tough pick to predict here, they could go Chaisson but he’s a poor man’s Josh Allen so I don’t know if that makes sense. Kenneth Murray is the BPA to me on D but he would play SAM here, and I’m not sure the 20th pick is worth a 2-down player in the eyes of the Jaguars org.

21. Eagles: Patrick Queen, LB, LSU

After missing out on the top WRs, rather than reach in a deep class I think they would opt for a 3 down rangy LB which is something they desperately need. Then they address WR in round 2.

22. Raiders via Vikings via Bills: Kenneth Murray, LB, Oklahoma

Gaining a run stopping interior defender who brings a leadership presence would be a nice way to end the Vontaze Burfict run. It’s yet to be seen if Murray can play in space, but the Raiders org never seems to mind what others think, they go get the guys they like.

23. Patriots: K’Lavon Chaisson, OLB, LSU

Adding a player like Chaisson who can probably play OLB in a 43 in addition to a 34 would be a good fit for the hybrid looks they run. It’s amazing how well the defense played last year when you look at the lack of talent on paper. Chaisson might be the BPA at this point, and no QB is worth this pick. They've shown they like to take their shot on undersized tweeners.

24. Saints: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin

If Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen make it here, I could see that being the pick. But with them not falling, I think NO would realize that Latavius Murray is 30 years old (which is death to RB production), Drew Brees is 40+, and reinventing the attack they had when Ingram was there could help them close out tight games. The team really doesn’t have any holes now that they added Emmanuel Sanders, and I do think they take a WR early but I could see them seeing Taylor as making them better right now to try and win a title.

25. Vikings: Kristian Fulton, CB, LSU 

With so many departures at the CB position this offseason, it seems likely they’ll try and replenish there with an early pick. Austin Jackson is another pick to watch here, but I think Fulton is a better player. Jackson really needs some time to develop where Fulton could be plug and play.

26. Dolphins via Texans: Xavier McKinney, S, Alabama

Mckinney has been closely linked to the dolphins from what I have read, so if available it seems he will be the pick, possibly at 18 if they don’t trade up like I predict. Ashtyn Davis is the other player to watch, especially if McKinney is gone.

27. Seattle Seahawks: Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge, Penn State

Bruce Irvin is back, yet they could use another end presence that is better against the run than Irvin is. Seattle doesn’t have a lot of needs, and Gross-Matos is probably the BPA

28. Baltimore Ravens: Cesar Ruiz, OL, Michigan

With Marshall Yanda calling it a career, this run oriented offense needs some new talent to come in and make holes for the reigning MVP and league leading rushing attack. Zach Baun is another often-mocked possibility, but I think they are committed to the offensive line in trying to get a title while Lamar is on his rookie deal.

29. Browns via Titans (41 & 74 for 29): Justin Madubuike, DL, Texas A&M

Tennessee IMO is going to look to move down. The browns, in a division where defending the rub is paramount, move up to take a DT. They have an extra third round pick that allows them to do this, and it helps address one of the weaker spots on the defense. I’ve read 20% of every trade up in round 1 is for a defensive lineman, so here it is as there have been none thus far. Trade is +7 Tenn on the RH, +70 Tenn on the JJ model. Also from an analytics standpoint, which we know the browns are super heavy on, Madubuike is one of the top 5 rated players in terms of likely success in this draft, based on production, size, and athleticism, and round 1 gets them an extra year of him not on big money should it pan out.

30. Packers: Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

Green bay could really use a receiver that can stretch the defense and open up some route running lanes for Davante Adams. ILB is also a need and if Kenneth Murray was here I think they jump on him.

31. San Francisco 49ers: Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah

With an aging Richard Sherman and not a lot of depth otherwise, SF is likely to address the secondary. Johnson is shooting up boards late right now.

32. Kansas City Chiefs: AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson

The chiefs corner situation is in really bad shape, I realize Deandre Swift here could be enticing, but the chiefs should stay disciplined and work on their defense, then grab a RB later on when it’s a better value. I think they are smart enough to do that.

ROUND 2

33. Bengals – Neville Gallimore, DT, Oklahoma

Defending the run in this division is of utmost importance

34. Colts – Ashtyn Davis, S, California

Completes the secondary opposite Mailk Hooker

35. Lions – Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State

Everyone thought OSU corner round 1, comes in round 2 instead

36. Giants – Denzel Mims, WR, Baylor

An elite playmaker outside could be hugely impactful for Daniel Jones

37. Chargers - Austin Jackson, OT, USC

Potential RT starter with LT upside for the future if he can be developed

38. Panthers – Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

In this division, you must be able to cover

39. Dolphins - Lloyd Cushenberry III, OC/OG, LSU

Putting an offensive line together for a young QB shows to be their top priority

40. Texans - Ross Blacklock, DL, TCU

Depth up front is something this defense could benefit from greatly

41. Titans via Browns – Isaiah Wilson, OT, Georgia

With Conklin leaving, competition for RT will be a good thing

42. Jaguars – Raekwon Davis, DL, Alabama

With Ngakuoe and Campbell both gone, rebuilding the DL will be important

43. Bears – Grant Delpit, S, LSU

Defense, at least on paper, is safety and cb depth away from Elite

44. Colts – Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado

They need another outside playmaker to compliment TY

45. Bucs – Deandre Swift, RB, Georgia

No secret the bucs have been trying to upgrade RB for a while

46. Broncos – Noah Igbinoghene, CB, Auburn

Secondary depth will be important for the Broncos to sustain given the departures

47. Falcons – Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama

Replacing Desmond Trufant is a must

48. Jets – Jalen Reagor, WR, TCU

Will serve to help fill the void left by Robby Anderson

49. Steelers – Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

Too good a talent to pass on here, playing opposite Juju

50. Bears - Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech

They can now spend the rest of the draft acquiring blocking and receiving talent… higher than people think but he’s going to go round 2

51. Cowboys – Cole Kmet, TE, Notre Dame

With Jason Witten now gone for good, there’s a new era in Dallas

52. Rams – Zach Baun, LB, Wisconsin

A steal this late, LA plugs up a hole on D

53. Eagles – KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State

Desean Jackson type playmaker to stretch the field

54. Bills – AJ Epenesa, DE, Iowa

Helps replace Shaq Lawson, another steal this late

55. Ravens – J.K Dobbins, RB, Ohio State

Making a strengths stronger seems to work here

56. Cardinals – Marlon Davidson, DL, Auburn

OL then DL is likely for an organization well equipped with skill players already

57. Rams via Texans - Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin

RB or WR is tempting but infusing youth into the Oline also makes a lot of sense for the long term

58. Raiders via Vikings – Prince Tega Wanogho, OT, Auburn

Oline is good but lacks depth, and after picking 2 skill position deepening the trenches should be a priority

59. Seahawks - Jeremy Chinn, S, Southern Illinois

A Kam Chancellor sized safety could be a nice fit in certain packages for this D

60. Ravens - Michael Pittman Jr., WR, USC

Late round steel, not the biggest need but great value

61. Titans – Jordan Elliot, DL, Missouri

Continuing to build up the DL will move this D towards elite

62. Packers – Matt Peart, OT, UConn

OL development, especially at tackle, seems wise given the current situation.

63. Chiefs – Cam Akers, RB, Florida State

KC get’s a potential do it all RB

64. Seahawks - Lucas Niang, OT, TCU

Seattle’s RT position could use some competition

I think if the Jags traded up to 3 for Tua, then someone is trading into 4 for Herbert before Miami.  Jags would need to give up another pick to get up to 3, probably something like their 2nd rd pick this year too.  The world isn't the draft value chart, they aren't passing on elite players in this draft to fall completely out of the first round without a premium.

I can't see the Bengals passing on Mims, Wilson, or Reagor for interior DL, where they are very deep and talented already

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Vikings won't early picks on a receiver. They learned their lesson with Treadwell.

Kind of hard to make a blanket statement like that when plenty of wrs picked early have worked out, although I agree just as many have not.  Still, treadwell is treadwell, jefferson is jefferson. Better player, different player, different year... so I can't say I agree. 

3 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

So the Lions trade #3 and don't even get either one of the Jags first round picks? Are you a Jags fan? Because even the Lions aren't that dumb.

You're getting one of the premier pass rushers in the nfl and a first next year. You don't think Ngakuoe is worth say pick 15 this year? Buckner inked the 13th pick. 

21 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I think if the Jags traded up to 3 for Tua, then someone is trading into 4 for Herbert before Miami.  Jags would need to give up another pick to get up to 3, probably something like their 2nd rd pick this year too.  The world isn't the draft value chart, they aren't passing on elite players in this draft to fall completely out of the first round without a premium.

I can't see the Bengals passing on Mims, Wilson, or Reagor for interior DL, where they are very deep and talented already

Maybe they would have to give up more, I rated Yannick out like 15th overall this year. then another 4th and a first next year. I don't think detroit will have many takers, and I think they are better off with that trade than staying at 3.

Not sure I agree with the bengals being deep and talented there already, but I could see an argument for WR. Boyd I believe is in his last year? Ross injury riddled... Green getting up there...yea I could definitely agree with that. 

Wills, Wirfs, or Thomas @ 11 plus Reagor @ 48 is as A+ as it gets for the Jets.

Interesting trade @ 3 for sure.  I could see DET seeing Yannick as an immediate upgrade, but I think they'd need something this year.  DET staff will not be here next year if they do not win games.

Edited by Kyu

3 minutes ago, Kyu said:

Wills, Wirfs, or Thomas @ 11 plus Reagor @ 48 is as A+ as it gets for the Jets.

Interesting trade @ 3 for sure.  I could see DET seeing Yannick as an immediate upgrade, but I think they'd need something this year.  DET staff will not be here next year if they do not win games.

True maybe Jax would have to give up 20 and keep the rams pick next year, that's a fair assessment. I figured they wouldn't agree to that though, and detroit would take the offer because YG makes them better this year than anyone they get at 3, and makes them better in the future too. 

Love the trade down but the not the picks. I think they’ll add a OT at some point but I think it’ll be later in the draft. Same with the DL. I think i they’ll add someone later in the draft. I think they have a deal in place with Clowney so they’re set at edge. I could see them looking to add to the offense if there isn’t a CB worth taking. Shanault at 41 considering this is likely Davis’s last year in Tennessee and Cam Akers at 61. Titans needs a backup and someone who can excel on 3rd downs.

It looks good for the Falcons i like it alot how it sits.  Kinlaw every single time if he falls to 16 to us no questions asked.  Although i don't agree with you being Chaisson as the most overrated that to me would be the  shy to tackle, no technique having, living off his athleticsm CB CJ Henderson.   The fact that i can probably list 6 to 7+ CB's in the 1st 2 to 3 rounds with more skills than him right now says alot to me.  They don't have his athleticism or size but their better at their craft.   Now if he ever gets it all together i will agree he could be very good but as it sits right now his athleticism is saving him and in the nfl almost everyone will be on his level as an athlete so his technique will get him in trouble unless he improves and gets with the right coach.

Love Wills at 10, but hate the trade up. Madubuike Isn’t an especially good run defender, he’s more of a penetrating 3tech and this draft is deep with similar players Galimore, Blacklock, Elliot, Davidson etc... point is the Browns could definitely wait till 41to grab one of those guys

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Love the trade down but the not the picks. I think they’ll add a OT at some point but I think it’ll be later in the draft. Same with the DL. I think i they’ll add someone later in the draft. I think they have a deal in place with Clowney so they’re set at edge. I could see them looking to add to the offense if there isn’t a CB worth taking. Shanault at 41 considering this is likely Davis’s last year in Tennessee and Cam Akers at 61. Titans needs a backup and someone who can excel on 3rd downs.

WR def seems possible, I understand your feedback