Our first pick

bucsfan333

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think any of the 4 OT’s fall to 14. Working on my final mock. Is a big reach on Josh Jones in order? I also heard you guys like Antoine Winfield Jr., who should make a great impact year one. And you guys are trying to win the Super Bowl this year. Bucs had a solid defense last year but the Safety position really regressed. 

Winfield at 14 would be a WTF surprise pick but i think jones will be our reach pick.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Winfield at 14 would be a WTF surprise pick but i think jones will be our reach pick.

I’m leaning Jones but he’s such a reach at 14 and OT Rookies, especially outside the Top 4 in this class, take time to develop. 

Brady is a 2 year SB window, and mostly 2020. You have IMO a guy who is still a Top 5 QB for 2020, and then probably Top 15 2021, and gone after that. 2020 is the year to go all in. 

BPA makes sense at 14, and RB in the 2nd. 

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t think any of the 4 OT’s fall to 14. Working on my final mock. Is a big reach on Josh Jones in order? I also heard you guys like Antoine Winfield Jr., who should make a great impact year one. And you guys are trying to win the Super Bowl this year. Bucs had a solid defense last year but the Safety position really regressed. 

I had Jones at 14 in my last mock. So did PR, the guys who seem to be most plugged into what we'll actually do in the draft.

I don't think he's viewed as the reach that all of us think.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I had Jones at 14 in my last mock. So did PR, the guys who seem to be most plugged into what we'll actually do in the draft.

I don't think he's viewed as the reach that all of us think.

IDK, still think we could move back and still have a legit chance at landing him. I think the run on OT's is going to come early in the draft and then again in the later 1st round. Even if we lost him, this OT class is insanely deep...

I'm going to be irked if we reach for him at 14 and potentially leave better talent on the board just because he fills a need...

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 1:54 PM, ravishingone said:

I want Tua.  However, I know it won t happen no matter how the first rd goes. 

I believe they stay at 14 and draft Becton.

Quick Spoiler- OJ moved for a day 2 pick

I’m late on this but its like you’re in my head. haha

Very real possibility we take Josh Jones at 14 or with a trade back. If we don’t get at top 4 T then get Jones.

But this is gonna be a crazy draft... with concerns about Becton not having a lot of pass pro reps in college, his weight and drug test issue at the combine, watch him be who falls. And I think BA and Licht would love that. Becton won’t be the best pass protector year 1 but he’ll figure it out, has played both sides, and will absolutely kill people in the run game day 1. He’s a brute and who I want at 14.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Very real possibility we take Josh Jones at 14 or with a trade back. If we don’t get at top 4 T then get Jones.

But this is gonna be a crazy draft... with concerns about Becton not having a lot of pass pro reps in college, his weight and drug test issue at the combine, watch him be who falls. And I think BA and Licht would love that. Becton won’t be the best pass protector year 1 but he’ll figure it out, has played both sides, and will absolutely kill people in the run game day 1. He’s a brute and who I want at 14.

put OJ in to help pass block against those smaller dudes. Good luck bum rushing Becton into the qbs lap.

1 hour ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I m just concerned the perception is get a tackle with their first pick no matter.  Still have Dot and Peters in FA.  Not advocating don t take a tackle. but don t rush the choice either 

They could realistically have one or more of Tua. Simmons, Ruggs, Kinlaw, or Brown sitting on the board at 14.    It s going to be hard for me to justify taking tackle 4 or 5 with a shot at one of those prospects on the board.  

13 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I m just concerned the perception is get a tackle with their first pick no matter.  Still have Dot and Peters in FA.  Not advocating don t take a tackle. but don t rush the choice either 

They could realistically have one or more of Tua. Simmons, Ruggs, Kinlaw, or Brown sitting on the board at 14.    It s going to be hard for me to justify taking tackle 4 or 5 with a shot at one of those prospects on the board.  

This is strictly my opinion, but take it for what it's worth. This is how I would ideally envision us approaching pick #14 should we need to stay put...

If one of the Andrew Thomas, Jedrick Wills or Tristan Wirfs is there, I think we're pulling the trigger regardless, as these guys would be high on the BPA board and fill an immediate need which prioritizes them IMO. I don't see Becton in that same light, but that's just my opinion... 

If those guys are off the board and somehow a top 10 guy like Derrick Brown, Isaiah Simmons, or even a CJ Henderson or Jeff Okudah fell to us, I'd like to think we wouldn't be foolish enough to pass. Same with Tua, but I could understand why they might go another route.I don't have Kinlaw in the same class as the others mentioned ...