Our first pick

bucsfan333

I want Andrew Thomas. He's my number one. We'd likely have to move up to draft him. I've read more than a few suggesting the Jags at nine would be the sweet spot because basically everyone immediately after them could draft OT. Would likely cost 14, our third, and our fourth round comp to do it. And that's assuming he falls to nine.

• Like 1

this my fav type thread last year i was POUNDING the table for Josh Allen over D White. so far in year 1 my assessment was right on who is the better player...but fingers crossed he turns it around (White was third worse LB) in his entire class btw

I want to take Andrew Thomas! He’s everything we dreamed of Don Smith being. Balanced OT who has experience playing on both sides and battle tested in the SEC. I’d trade a pick this year and next year to secure his service. This will be our Paul Gruber. 10+ year career pro bowl potential upside is great ROI. 

I think we take Becton and no we do not move up to get him. Licht has been calling around but he has never traded up in the first round before. I hope Im wrong because I want the superior prospect! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

One of the 4 OTs or kinlaw, assuming Brown isnt there. If not are there and we cant trade back, i would be fine with K'Lavon Chaisson

I watched a highlight video of Chaisson. I don't understand how he's a pass rusher. He looked like there was no way he'd be able to take on an O-lineman. He's too small. I just don't understand what I'm not seeing. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

I watched a highlight video of Chaisson. I don't understand how he's a pass rusher. He looked like there was no way he'd be able to take on an O-lineman. He's too small. I just don't understand what I'm not seeing. 

I remember watching him in one of the postseason games. He got stalemated against a TE quite a bit early in the game.

Then he became a factor after like the first quarter.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I remember watching him in one of the postseason games. He got stalemated against a TE quite a bit early in the game.

Then he became a factor after like the first quarter.

he will probably bust. I think he is a good niche player but he wont be a top edge rusher. Baun had 18 more pressures in the same amount of snaps. Young and Baun will be 10+ sack guys day 1. Chassion can rush the passer but he isnt polished there. He can cover though unlike those guys but if we go edge ill take baun. 

9 hours ago, Caaddy24 said:

You're not alone. Chiasson is one of the guys I think the media heads are over hyping. He has one of the worst win rate percentages of any pass rusher in this draft...

Your take is spot on. He's Barkevious Mingo 2.0 to me. He's a tweeter guy that's going to get washed out by OTs in NFL...

I think he's gonna slide out of the 1st on draft day... 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, indifference said:

this my fav type thread last year i was POUNDING the table for Josh Allen over D White. so far in year 1 my assessment was right on who is the better player...but fingers crossed he turns it around (White was third worse LB) in his entire class btw

I want to take Andrew Thomas! He’s everything we dreamed of Don Smith being. Balanced OT who has experience playing on both sides and battle tested in the SEC. I’d trade a pick this year and next year to secure his service. This will be our Paul Gruber. 10+ year career pro bowl potential upside is great ROI. 

I remember you and I two of the main advocates for not leaving Josh Allen on the table (which we did)....

We're on same page again. Thomas has been my #1 OT since the offseason began. I want him here. Sadly, I dont see us getting up to a position to grab him...

I'd be perfectly content with Wills or Wirfs though too. I want no part of Becton. Rather move back or take chance on 2nd tier guys like Jones Niang, Peart, or Adams on day two or beyond...

If a top 10 guy like Simmons, Brown or Henderson fell I'd love to pull the trigger on those guys too...

I also wouldn't be mad if we went Ruggs either, but I'd rather just trade back into the late 1st for Aiyuk, or potentially get him with our 2nd...

• Like 1

I don’t think any of the 4 OT’s fall to 14. Working on my final mock. Is a big reach on Josh Jones in order? I also heard you guys like Antoine Winfield Jr., who should make a great impact year one. And you guys are trying to win the Super Bowl this year. Bucs had a solid defense last year but the Safety position really regressed. 

• Like 1