2020 Broncos Forum NFL Draft Thread

BullsandBroncos

Rumors that NO is wanting a 2nd round pick. I’d be on board with trading our 2nd for their third this year and a 2nd next year. Then look to trade up with our 3rd and 4th for Dantzler. Lots of talent still in the board but I don’t think there is a big drop off between round 2 and 3. 

30 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

His red zone numbers were absolutely insane. I think he gave up one completion and no TDs. That kind of production fits nicely with Fangio’s “shut teams down in the red zone” philosophy we got a taste of last year.

Mississippi State just keeps producing defensive talent. 

Yeah guys from Miss State usually pan out to some degree.

Darius Slay, Fletcher Cox, Chris Jones, Bernardrick McKinney, Preston Smith, Montez Sweat, Pernell McPhee

Guys that have great potential that we don’t know enough about their play yet, Jonathan Abram, Jeff Simmons 

Only real bust is Jonathan Banks (who is kind of similar skill set to Dantzler) but Dantzler has better tape.

2 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Rumors that NO is wanting a 2nd round pick. I’d be on board with trading our 2nd for their third this year and a 2nd next year. Then look to trade up with our 3rd and 4th for Dantzler. Lots of talent still in the board but I don’t think there is a big drop off between round 2 and 3. 

I’ll take their third this year and 1st next year for our 2nd and 5th.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cutler06 said:

So what do we need ??

CB x 2, OL x 2, WR, DL, ILB, S, TE

We have 9 picks left, I’d be looking for, in some order:

Fast WR who can catch deep balls and run a lot of jet sweeps (KJ Hamler, Antonio Gibson)

Developmental OT

Starting calibre OC

Starting calibre CB

Backup FS

Backup SS who can play Nickle LB

Last three picks can just go on special teams options. But those are the picks I’d be looking for in rounds 2-5. Quick mock for tonight:

46. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah

77. Antonio Gibson, RB/WR, Memphis

83. Matt Hennessy, C, Temple

95. Terrell Burgess, SS, Utah

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

We have 9 picks left, I’d be looking for, in some order:

Fast WR who can catch deep balls and run a lot of jet sweeps (KJ Hamler, Antonio Gibson)

Developmental OT

Starting calibre OC

Starting calibre CB

Backup FS

Backup SS who can play Nickle LB

Last three picks can just go on special teams options. But those are the picks I’d be looking for in rounds 2-5. Quick mock for tonight:

46. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah

77. Antonio Gibson, RB/WR, Memphis

83. Matt Hennessy, C, Temple

95. Terrell Burgess, SS, Utah

This would be great. I think Gibson becomes a RB at the next level full time. Yes you can split him out and pass to him out of the backfield but I wouldn’t count on him there. He doesn’t pluck the ball out of the air like a Receiver should and he has under 9 inch hands and body catches a lot.