Everything Trades

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, DannyB said:

You think he'll be cheaper? I dunno about that. I'm guess Yannick is gonna want to (and probably will) reset the top of the edge rusher market. Not by leaps and bounds, but probably just above Mack. Even if it doesn't end up being more, it'll be pretty damn close.

Younger? Yes, but it still seems like a curious use of resources on the part of the Raiders.

If I'm the Jags, I'd be wondering why I didn't agree to that deal yesterday.

Clowney reportedly on the FA market is down to $13M. He's not going to reset with how the market is right now.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Clowney reportedly on the FA market is down to $13M. He's not going to reset with how the market is right now.

That makes you ask even more, with Clowney getting cheaper, why not just give him a contract rather than Yannick 19m a year?

Just now, Drained said:

That makes you ask even more, with Clowney getting cheaper, why not just give him a contract rather than Yannick 19m a year?

Because Clowney has major injury concerns, older, and isn't nearly as good as a pass rusher.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You might be right, but I bet teams are willing to pay YN more than Clowney. I think teams are tempted by Clowney's flash and potential, but also have their eyes wide open to his massive flaws.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Reggie McKenzie would have traded 12 for him. Thank god Mayock is at the helm and can hopefully settle Gruden down.

This is definitely all Gruden imo. Was there on the sideline when he basically took over the Raiders game last year.

CBS' Jonathan Jones reports Lions GM Bob Quinn and coach Matt Patricia differ on who to take at No. 3 overall, with Patricia preferring Auburn DT Derrick Brown and Quinn eyeing Ohio State CB Jeffrey Okudah. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2020-falcons-browns-trade-in-play-lions-gm-and-coach-differ-on-who-to-take-and-more-insider-notes/

8 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

got a report from cbs that the eagles are" having concerns with Andre Dillard"  "struggled  to adapt" to being in the nfl and could look to trade him during the draft

Wonder what that means, because I thought he was looking good on the reps he was getting. Genuine replacement for JP material.