2020 Draft: Day One

pwny

12 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

Are we talking league track record or Jaguars track record?

Because this WR class and the WR class a couple years ago are the same... 

Not to mention Chark coming out was super raw and that was well known. Until they do the same...I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be a long time coming for a WR we take.

42 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Because this WR class and the WR class a couple years ago are the same... 

Not to mention Chark coming out was super raw and that was well known. Until they do the same...I'm not sure why you'd expect it to be a long time coming for a WR we take.

I speak from team development of picks wide receiver in particular. Not including Westbrook who was on IR majority of his rookie year. Even dating back to Allen who was also banged up didn’t do much of anything. Not to mention this teams stead fast approach to sticking to this drafting model that they’ve created. Logically it’s the quickest way back because a defense can come a long quicker than an offense. I was hoping that they changed course... the league is not headed this direction.. although it’s easier to piece together defense you also see when great offense meets great defense great offense is going to win. This team hasn’t been the same since they saw KC.. they literally broke the Jaguars. And KC won the SB with just eh defense but let him continue to build it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I speak from team development of picks wide receiver in particular. Not including Westbrook who was on IR majority of his rookie year. Even dating back to Allen who was also banged up didn’t do much of anything. Not to mention this teams stead fast approach to sticking to this drafting model that they’ve created. Logically it’s the quickest way back because a defense can come a long quicker than an offense. I was hoping that they changed course... the league is not headed this direction.. although it’s easier to piece together defense you also see when great offense meets great defense great offense is going to win. This team hasn’t been the same since they saw KC.. they literally broke the Jaguars. And KC won the SB with just eh defense but let him continue to build it.

Ok

7 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I know I dont want another Blackmon but man I wanted Lamb

It seems to me like it's probably more of an OBJ situation at worst, rather than a full on Blackmon situation.  But his slide, combined with the team who ended up eventually taking Lamb admitting that they didn't even have a real "interview" with him because they had him as their 6th guy and assumed he'd be gone...gives me a little bit of pause to reconsider.  The character and medical stuff...is always the element of "amateur scouting" that's next to impossible to really nail down.  It's all just cobbled together from bits and pieces of anecdotal evidence from sources of questionable veracity - so...basically a combine of gossip, guesswork, and off the cuff impressions from public interviews.

But man...i wanted Lamb bad.  Just a different level of weapon on the field.

4 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

@LinderFournette 🤔 Like the juice you got from Chark his rookie season? 

Exactly.

Though some of the guys like...Pittman and Edwards in particular, seem a lot more polished and more likely to have at least some potential Year 1 impact.  Even Van (other) Jefferson has some more pro-ready seeming polish as a later flyer to maybe be a decent #3/4 option fairly early.

I also think Shenault, despite being kinda extremely raw...has room to potentially make an impact early as just a "put the ball in his hands and let him go" sort of weapon early.  While he learns how to be an actual WR.

28 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I also think Shenault, despite being kinda extremely raw...has room to potentially make an impact early as just a "put the ball in his hands and let him go" sort of weapon early.  While he learns how to be an actual WR.

Another scary pick he can’t stay on the field do to injures I like the production when he suits up.. but he can’t keep his uniform on. 

Edited by DuvalsKing