2020 Draft: Day One

pwny

30 minutes ago, MJD4MVP5455 said:

I feel like Higgins is Alshon Jeffrey 2.0

Higgins is alright.  I don't really see the same crazy ability to body everybody out of the way and dominate the catch point.  Or even the same deceptive fluidity that Jeffery had as a prospect coming out.

To me, he's kinda more like...if Chark wasn't fast.

24 minutes ago, DuvalsKing said:

I feel that about Bryan Edwards but you can probably get him round 3-4.

I can see a bit of it there too, and i like him in that range.  But neither is really on the same sort of level Jeffery was as a prospect.

I could see him kinda turning out like...older and kinda broken down Jeffery.  Which is still a decent #2/3WR if you get a healthier guy who can play like that.

I'm more partial to Shenault, though he's pretty boom/bust and a bit of a weird player.  He's got the potential to be a sorta unique weapon, and pile up YAC yardage, which we could use.

I like Pittman too, as a sort of possession guy.  Shades of ARob, and he's the one i'd bet most on exceeding expectations.  He's so polished and crisp, but doesn't have amazing athletic traits overall.  Barring an ARob like explosion...that probably always kinda limits his ceiling a bit, but he's also at least the type of potential #2/3ish receiver who brings a skillset we're lacking, and i don't mind betting on a polished guy like that being slept on a bit for athletic numbers.

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

For real though...what exactly is even going on there?  Weird.

Verizon gave out a bunch of phones for this. I wonder if they gave them to all the players. That would at least explain why he had two. But the way he was protecting it comes off sketchy, particularly when you hear about the concerns with his off field party behavior. Is he cheating on that woman and not wanting her to look at his phone?!?!

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

Verizon gave out a bunch of phones for this. I wonder if they gave them to all the players. That would at least explain why he had two. But the way he was protecting it comes off sketchy, particularly when you hear about the concerns with his off field party behavior. Is he cheating on that woman and not wanting her to look at his phone?!?!

Yeah.  It's weird.  Figure it could just be something more innocuous like he didn't want her playing candy crush or yaking on another phone next to him while he's getting the phonecall of his life on live TV or something.  But it definitely comes across as strange.

There were plenty of strange things during today's draft.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110981/article/inside-the-jacksonville-jaguars-defensive-retool-in-first-round

Good read here

Okudah, Henderson, Brown or Chaisson at 9.

Chaisson or Jefferson at 20.

we fielded trade offers for 9 but didn’t want to risk losing Henderson.

We have our eye on someone tonight that we would have been comfortable with at 20. Maybe a trade up?

Edited by KhanYouDigIt
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001110981/article/inside-the-jacksonville-jaguars-defensive-retool-in-first-round

Good read here

Okudah, Henderson, Brown or Chaisson at 9.

Chaisson or Jefferson at 20.

we fielded trade offers for 9 but didn’t want to risk losing Henderson.

We have our eye on someone tonight that we would have been comfortable with at 20. Maybe a trade up?

Mims, McKinney, Pittman, Higgins, Winfield, Jones?