Bulls buyout Dwyane Wade, Likely to Sign with Cleveland

Scalamania

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Wade starts at PG and then bring Rose off the bench? Meh, and who is going to guard opposing PGs then? Smith? Wade should just accept coming off the bench. Would be the perfect role for him at this point of his career. 

I'd rather start Wade than Rose if Wade chooses Cleveland. Has better chemistry with LeBron, more trustworthy, and is still a much better defender than Rose.

However, I'd be up front with him and tell him he only starts until Thomas is healthy.

I wouldn't. Wade was on another level TRASH on defense during the 2013-2014 playoffs and he had a title to play for. I trust Wade more when it comes down to locking up for a specific quarter, but definitely not all game in the regular season against opposing PGs. I guess regardless if it is Rose/Wade/IT, opposing PGs are going to kill Cleveland, but if Wade starts, it will likely be at SG. The reason he should come off the bench is he could not only run the offense, but create for others when LeBron is sitting. You could put him in with Love and have a very solid 2nd unit. 

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I wouldn't. Wade was on another level TRASH on defense during the 2013-2014 playoffs and he had a title to play for. I trust Wade more when it comes down to locking up for a specific quarter, but definitely not all game in the regular season against opposing PGs. I guess regardless if it is Rose/Wade/IT, opposing PGs are going to kill Cleveland, but if Wade starts, it will likely be at SG. The reason he should come off the bench is he could not only run the offense, but create for others when LeBron is sitting. You could put him in with Love and have a very solid 2nd unit. 

I agree that's his ideal role, but there's no way I'm picking Rose (or Calderon) over Wade to start when Thomas is out.  Rose can be the scorer off the bench for now.  I'm not arguing that Wade should be starting on a title contender or I'd start him over JR; Wade would be the lesser of 2 evils when it comes to starting with Thomas out IMO.

Wade better be coming off the bench. I think he could be very effective playing spot minutes and being able to play with full energy/effort for the entire game. 

No clue how the Cavs defense will be, but they are better than they were last season. Have a legit 10 deep squad.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wade better be coming off the bench. I think he could be very effective playing spot minutes and being able to play with full energy/effort for the entire game. 

No clue how the Cavs defense will be, but they are better than they were last season. Have a legit 10 deep squad.

I’m just glad we’re finally getting guys who can get their own shot without having to rely on Lebron. 

Well,  I'm guessing Crowder will be playing a lot of PF and then you have Zizic. I read somewhere the team expects him to contribute so they will be fine as long as Love/TT stay relatively healthy. And of course, LeBron could embrace the PF position that he should be playing anyways. 

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Eh, there's a lot of backcourt depth there. However, that's a very thin frontcourt behind Love and Thompson. Curious to see if they try and move anyone for some more depth in that area.

Not really. Zizic, frye, RJ, Lebron, crowder that’s plenty. This isn’t the 90s you don’t need a bunch of traditional bigs. More versatility the better. 

30 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well,  I'm guessing Crowder will be playing a lot of PF and then you have Zizic. I read somewhere the team expects him to contribute so they will be fine as long as Love/TT stay relatively healthy. And of course, LeBron could embrace the PF position that he should be playing anyways. 

He does play the 4. Almost every game. But he shouldn’t be playing it full time. He takes enough of a beating he doesn’t need to add to it just for the regular season. 

Archived