Bulls buyout Dwyane Wade, Likely to Sign with Cleveland

Scalamania

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well,  I'm guessing Crowder will be playing a lot of PF and then you have Zizic. I read somewhere the team expects him to contribute so they will be fine as long as Love/TT stay relatively healthy. And of course, LeBron could embrace the PF position that he should be playing anyways. 

Not like Zizic is anything special, he might be a decent big but he's not an impact starter by any means.   Assuming they're healthy, I'd imagine they'll roll out a IT/Wade/Crowder/LeBron/Love lineup.  I just don't think you can roll out a big lineup with Wade coming off the bench in the East.

They roll out that line up for what? Closing line up or those will be the starters? Because if it is the latter, no way in hell does LeBron start at PF. 

Zizic wouldn't need to have starter impact. He will just have to give them solid 10-15 minutes off the bench. Now, if he isn't capable of doing that, then they will have to make another move. 

36 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Not really. Zizic, frye, RJ, Lebron, crowder that’s plenty. This isn’t the 90s you don’t need a bunch of traditional bigs. More versatility the better. 

Zizic is unproven, and from what he showed in Summer League, he's still a bit raw. Frye is a decent stretch big, but he's not really a true center. RJ and Crowder can be used at the 4, but they're both more effective at the 3. It's not that you need a traditional big, but you do still need guys that can actually bang with the 7 footers and plus rebounders in this league. None of those guys can do that consistently, or at least haven't shown it to this point.

I guess adding Dwyane Wade helps them to further separate themselves from other eastern conference teams and the depth will be nice if players get injured.  They should also be able to rest players more often; however, this does not get them any closer to competing with the Golden State Warriors.

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They roll out that line up for what? Closing line up or those will be the starters? Because if it is the latter, no way in hell does LeBron start at PF. 

Zizic wouldn't need to have starter impact. He will just have to give them solid 10-15 minutes off the bench. Now, if he isn't capable of doing that, then they will have to make another move. 

You can call it whatever you want, but Crowder/LeBron will be the 3 and 4 no matter which way you want to describe it.

21 minutes ago, showtime said:

I guess adding Dwyane Wade helps them to further separate themselves from other eastern conference teams and the depth will be nice if players get injured.  They should also be able to rest players more often; however, this does not get them any closer to competing with the Golden State Warriors.

I think he will just be another great leader on the floor. I know at times the ball will stop in Lebrons hands but he is a lot more active at getting his teammates involved. I loved Irving but when he was the go to guy on the floor the ball would stop with him and it would live and die with him. At times he would have stretches at getting his teammates invovled. Im hoping Wade could be the leader when James is off the floor. He might not be able to do the things he once did but he should hopefully be on the floor with others who can get buckets. 

Cavs really need someone who can lead the team when James is off the floor. That is something Irving struggled doing at times last year. 

Tristan won't be coming off the bench.  Rotation when healthy should be:

Thomas - 32 MPG / Rose - 16 MPG / Calderon - Mop up
Smith - 22 MPG / Wade - 20 MPG / Korver - 6 MPG
LeBron 26 MPG / Crowder - 12 MPG / Korver - 6 MPG / Osman - 4 MPG
Love - 26 MPG / LeBron - 8 MPG / Crowder - 8 MPG / Osman - 6 MPG
Thompson - 26 MPG / Love - 8 MPG / Frye - 8 MPG / Zizic - 6 MPG

Finish with:

Thomas/Wade (depends on match-up)
Smith
Crowder
LeBron
Love

Screw Green.  He should ride the bench...unless Osman sucks, then he can have Osman's minutes. If Zizic sucks then give Thompson his minutes. Trade Shumpert for nothing, like a top 55 protected 2nd round pick.  Save yourself a bunch of money without losing anything.

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Screw Green.  He should ride the bench...unless Osman sucks, then he can have Osman's minutes. If Zizic sucks then give Thompson his minutes. Trade Shumpert for nothing, like a top 55 protected 2nd round pick.  Save yourself a bunch of money without losing anything.

You gotta give up an asset to move Shump I feel like 

38 minutes ago, champ11 said:

You gotta give up an asset to move Shump I feel like 

I dunno, he is a solid bench player and his contract is still better than many others, plus it only has 2 years on it so it's not like you are getting something completely horrid.  Considering teh Cavs are strongly trying to shop him though teams might wait it out till they get offered the asset.

Archived