2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

2 minutes ago, NorthCountryEvo said:

I am on the side for not selecting another WR yet... We need to add to the trenches. I'm not sold on Mims, and I would be very upset if we drafted a potential WR3 in the 2nd with so many other holes to fill.

I think we could use more bodies on the offensive side. With that said I still like a lot of targets later plus Cleveland & Jones are both still available & we could trade up for one of them as well but later names I like are Trey Adams & Runyan.  I also believe that the team has more faith in its players that are already here.  Although I do think we need another DE but believe Griffen will come back for a couple years so I'm less concerned there.  Atleast that's my thought process

Just now, byuvike88 said:

I may be in the minority but I am not a big fan of taking Cleveland at 58. 

So am I.  He's really mobile for a big guy, and will fit Kubiak's blocking system better.  Also, with Jones falling this far, I wonder if there are justifiable worries about his health or any off-field issues?

3 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

Better to get one of the last 2 really good quality OT left on the board, who can mirror O'Neill, and play high quality level at that spot for 10+ years.  Fast WR are plentiful.  If they can't protect Cousins, what good is stretching the field?

Im really high on Tega Wanogho. I just think he'll fall to the 3rd because he has no scheme versatility.  But we just happen to run the scheme he excells in atleast IMO  

Why not double dip at WR if the value is great?

We've seen yesterday and today that the NFL isn't afraid to overload at talent on offense (Dallas, Denver, KC, Cards, Rams etc.) so it's not like it's so foreign and stupid strategy.

I'd much rather take the best WR on the board than reach for a OL you can have 10 picks later.

Now, I'm not saying you walk into 58 looking for a WR as we DO need other needs and I'd MUCH prefer to get those filled first but why are Vikes fans still stuck in 1974? Is it Zimmer?

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228
  • Like 3