2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

1 minute ago, Boda said:

Honestly I don't even try to move up until one of Madubuike or Gallimore are taken although I'd still love to grab Terrell Lewis but I still think for whatever reason that we'll see Griffen back in Minnesota next year

That won't be possible if The Vikings trade for Williams.  I don't think the problem is the difference between The Redskins accepting a $th Rounder, rather than The 3rd Rounder they want.  I think the problem is Williams being flexible in his agreement with The Vikings on terms for his long-term contract that has to be cap-friendly enough for The Vikings to fit him in under The Cap, and not force them to lose needed players in other areas.

6 minutes ago, Boda said:

Honestly I don't even try to move up until one of Madubuike or Gallimore are taken although I'd still love to grab Terrell Lewis but I still think for whatever reason that we'll see Griffen back in Minnesota next year

I hope so, Griffen can still play. Still would consider throwing the extra fifth with pick 89 to move up. Grab a DT or OG. 

Edited by vikingsrule
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I hope so, Griffen can still play. Still would consider throwing the extra fifth with pick 89 to move up. Grab a DT or OG. 

A 5th moves us from 89 to 84, we aren't in that range yet.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

If I was running this thing for the Vikings I would be starting to talk to teams around pick 74, 74, and 75 about whether they would take 89 and both our 5th round picks for their pick.

I can get onboard with this. We have two fourths and two sixes, so why not. Should get a number of comp picks next year anyway.

3 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

That won't be possible if The Vikings trade for Williams.  I don't think the problem is the difference between The Redskins accepting a $th Rounder, rather than The 3rd Rounder they want.  I think the problem is Williams being flexible in his agreement with The Vikings on terms for his long-term contract that has to be cap-friendly enough for The Vikings to fit him in under The Cap, and not force them to lose needed players in other areas.

It doesn't seem at this point that they will be trading for him. I think signing Griffen would be the "replacement money" instead of Williams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robb_K said:

The ship has sailed on that trade, thankfully.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr LoveVikings said:

Hope we land a hog molly next - would be a heckuva class if we land Madubuike, Josh Jones, Gallimore, Elliott, Jackson, or Hennessy with our next pick (could be a trade up)....would also like a R3/4 corner like a Dantzler or Amik.

Something seems really wrong with Josh Jones having dropped this far.  There must be an off-field issue that the teams all know about that we don't.  I wouldn't mind either Madabuike OR Gallimore, or Jones (IF, indeed, nothing unknown is wrong with him health OR off-fieldtroubles).

Just now, byuvike88 said:

It doesn't seem at this point that they will be trading for him. I think signing Griffen would be the "replacement money" instead of Williams

I think we’re still waiting on Clowney. Seems like Griffen going to Seattle is a real possibility. Seattle hasn’t taken an edge player either, have they?