2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

Just now, y*so*blu said:

This is why "trading up" is a thing...

So when Gallimore is just another guy, and not an All-Pro, and the guy we draft is just another guy, and not an All-Pro, but we draft a couple other contributors, are you going to be ok?

4 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I don't think he was asking about guys that would start this year. If that is what he was asking, then the answer is that he is looking in the wrong place. Look at free agents for that. There are guys they can draft with an eye towards the future. They need two guards next year.

I have faith in Samia

• Like 1

Just now, vikingsrule said:

Or ten picks ago and you have your pick. Thought Gallimore and Madabuike were a tier above Elliott. Happy with any of them though.

Ten picks ago is also the difference between trading more draft currency or less, all three are in a similar tier.

This is also OUR rankings/perceptions, not theirs.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RpMc said:

NOW if you want a 3T today, you trade up for Jordan Elliot.

Nope, I don't remember Elliott's combine numbers, but Gallimore's short area quickness and strength were really good.  The Davis boys from Nebraska where up there too, but as I recall, their wingspans where short.  

I don't know the other guys at DT well enough . . . now Lewis or a CB or even a WR may be solid.  

1 minute ago, RpMc said:

Ten picks ago is also the difference between trading more draft currency or less, all three are in a similar tier.

This is also OUR rankings/perceptions, not theirs.

Yup. People on the board are going to flip when we take someone that none of us are advocating for right now.

1 minute ago, Cearbhall said:

Okay. Even if that works out the team needs another guard next year. Have Faith in Dozier, Jones, or Elflein?

Nope but I also believe that teams can draft day 1 starting OG's in the 3rd round so we will have next year to address OG is it's still a problem but like I said earlier I still like both Trey Adams & Jon Runyan as developmental guys later in this draft