2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

4 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Josh Jones will be a way better NFL LG than LT. It makes sense he dropped out of the 1st.

I completely disagree with this statement.  Idk if you’ve watched anything from the Senior Bowl practices or not, but they gave him practice reps at OG and he was completely destroyed by Neville Gallimore.  It was bad.  Idk if he has the strength or anchor to play OG; definitely not in year 1.  I’d definitely still take him at OT though even though he is a little older.

4 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Interesting comment by Rick Spielman, tho everything is a grain of salt:

"We were interested in two players (at #22)"

Maybe they wanted to grab Murray (#23) or Ruiz (#24) at #25, before trading down. Unless they had 2 WRs rated there.

Idk where they get their information from, but Walter Football was reporting that the Vikings were hoping K’Lavon Chaisson and AJ Terrell fell to them.

2 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

Idk where they get their information from, but Walter Football was reporting that the Vikings were hoping K’Lavon Chaisson and AJ Terrell fell to them.

Ya lost me with that one ;)

9 minutes ago, Kparty15 said:

That still may be true.

While Rick was on the clock at #22, and with the remaining prospects, he had narrowed it down to 2 players
I speculating it was Jerfferson and Aiyuk.
But didn't proceed with taking Aiyuk at #25

Edited by CriminalMind

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Would you guys personally be interested in Trent Williams for pick #58? 

No way I would give up pick 58 for Williams. Why would you expect to get more for Williams than the Patriots got for Gronk?

How about our LT, Reiff, and a 6th rounder?

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Would you guys personally be interested in Trent Williams for pick #58? 

Nope.  3rd at most buy Im leaning more in the 4th or 5th range.  I know thats not what you want to hear but I strongly believe that Washington missed their chance on getting anything higher than a 3rd at this point and with no real market Im not so sure about that.

43 minutes ago, Krauser said:

They're not drafting another receiver except for depth in the late rounds. They only kept 4 last year. 

Also basically zero chance of a day 2 safety (unless they're trading Harris, which I don't think they will) or TE. 

I predict they'll taken another CB before a S (unless the safety is can play nickel), and a DE before a DT (unless a DT falls to them as a crazy value pick).

The need at tackle evaporates if they trade for Williams. Otherwise, they need a developmental LT. PFF don't like Tega-Wanogho and he's got fairly short arms and injury concerns. I'd rather have Cleveland or Bartsch. 

They really do need a guard, so if they take a tackle prospect, they need to double dip at OL unless they think the tackle prospect can play LG as a rookie. 

So you're expecting us to go into the year with no actual depth at Safety when we only have 2 on the roster and 1 of those is on a Tag?  Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Boda said:

So you're expecting us to go into the year with no actual depth at Safety when we only have 2 on the roster and 1 of those is on a Tag?  Just doesn't make a lot of sense to me I guess. 

Well there is still day three and free agency. Personally, I want more veterans in the defensive backfield so I would be looking to sign at least a couple of the free agents.

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Well there is still day three and free agency. Personally, I want more veterans in the defensive backfield so I would be looking to sign at least a couple of the free agents.

Theres no way I'd feel comfortable with a Day 3 player as the main backup.  Sure you could go the veteran route but who's out there?