2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

One of Gladney or Hughes is going to be playing in the slot, that limits the likelihood that someone like McKinney or Winfield is on our radar at the moment in terms of moving up for a player - if they fall to our draft slot, the conversation becomes more interesting.

How they address the safety/corner position will say a lot about how the team views Anthony Harris, Holton Hill, and, to a lesser extent, Mike Hughes.

I have had no expectation that Winfield would ever be on the Vikings, as I don't feel that he fits what Zimmer typically looks for.  But, I do hope he ends up in the AFC rather than anywhere near the NFC North.  I was actually hoping that the Chiefs would take him last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

One of Gladney or Hughes is going to be playing in the slot, that limits the likelihood that someone like McKinney or Winfield is on our radar at the moment in terms of moving up for a player - if they fall to our draft slot, the conversation becomes more interesting.

How they address the safety/corner position will say a lot about how the team views Anthony Harris, Holton Hill, and, to a lesser extent, Mike Hughes.

Gladney scored in the 4th percentile on the 3 cone (yes, he had a torn meniscus), so he probably doesn't have the hip-turning quickness NFL slot CBs need. Also iirc, he played almost exclusively out wide at TCU

6 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Gladney scored in the 4th percentile on the 3 cone (yes, he had a torn meniscus), so he probably doesn't have the hip-turning quickness NFL slot CBs need. Also iirc, he played almost exclusively out wide at TCU

Already came out that the Vikings ignored the number from the combine - you watch him and his plenty fluid and plenty quick.  He moved inside/out & left/right at TCU

I posted the video of his coverage snaps against Baylor in his thread and he's all over the field in terms of his pre-snap alignment.

Edited by RpMc

5 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

If I’m Spielman, I’m aggressively trying to move up for Josh Jones or Ezra Cleveland. Drafting either player hurts Washington’s leverage for moving Trent Williams, but both players project well to guard, so it wouldn’t prevent a move for Williams. 

This. They need at least one starting OL in this draft. Make it happen.