2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Yeah because they are all doing this probably.

giphy.gif

Honestly though I was thinking wow that would have been great if the Vikings could have done the same thing if they did not resign Kirk to the extension.  His contract would have been up after this next year and Love would take over.  I would not have been totally against that but I am fine with the commitment to Kirk this year because if not it would have made the season a total wash almost.  Still sure Packer fans hate it because it does not help them right now, but is a similar situation to how they got Rodgers obviously, I would not hate the pick at all if I was them but sure they hate it.  Honestly doubt that D can play as lights out as they did last year especially the edge rushers but will see.  Rodgers has clearly lost it a little and will be on his way out in a year or two, I would be shocked if he makes it to 2023.

Honestly I think this situation is more close to the New England one with Jimmy G than the Packers with Rodgers.   Rodgers was a projected #1 pick for a while, his fall on draft day was surprising.  Love was never the #1 pick & was always a fringe 1st rounder/early 2nd .... idk just my opinion

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

Dane Brugler just posted his day 2 mock. 
58 - DT Neville Gallimore

89 - OT Prince Tega

105 - DE Jabari Zuniga

thoughts?

Huge Prince Tega Wanogho fan.  Perfect fit for our scheme as well, not so sure about the others I'd rather trade up for Winfield in the 2nd.  Don't we still need 2 safeties even if we keep Harris?

6 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Reiff isn't guaranteed to be going the either way, it's just one scenario.

Has to be one expensive starter, though, right? 

I would have loved getting Williams 2-3 years ago (called for it most likely), but now I'm not so sure. I wouldn't hate it, I just don't know it's a great idea. 2018 was his worst year......

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

Has to be one expensive starter, though, right? 

I would have loved getting Williams 2-3 years ago (called for it most likely), but now I'm not so sure. I wouldn't hate it, I just don't know it's a great idea. 2018 was his worst year......

Signing a contract extension with Williams and/or Harris, or restructuring Reiff to fit his new role, or a dozen other different things can be done to make it work with the cap.

• Like 1

Here are my wants for today

Hopes for round 2

Antoine Winfield Jr(S/NCB)

Denzel Mims (WR)

Trevon Diggs (CB)

Ross Blacklock (DT)

Yetur Gross Matos (EDGE)

Ezra Cleveland (OL)

Terrell Lewis (EDGE)

Chase Claypool (WR)

Prince Tega-Wanogho (OT)

Grant Delpit (S)

Targets Round 3:

Raekwon Davis (DT)

Lucas Niang (OT)

Tyler Biadasz (IOL)

Tyler Johnson (WR)

Saahdiq Charles (OT)

Leki Fotu (DT)

Thaddeus Moss (TE)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Boda said:

Here are my wants for today

Trevon Diggs (CB)

Diggs is more a third rounder, in my mind. Also would love to still get Josh Jones, although I doubt he slides much farther. Really like/agree with your choices otherwise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Johnson/Moss would be reaches in the third round, and don't fill a need on the team.

2 minutes ago, Nozizaki said:

Diggs is more a third rounder, in my mind. Also would love to still get Josh Jones, although I doubt he slides much farther. Really like/agree with your choices otherwise.

You both need to stop bursting my bubble. :D

Edited by Boda

They're not drafting another receiver except for depth in the late rounds. They only kept 4 last year. 

Also basically zero chance of a day 2 safety (unless they're trading Harris, which I don't think they will) or TE. 

I predict they'll taken another CB before a S (unless the safety is can play nickel), and a DE before a DT (unless a DT falls to them as a crazy value pick).

The need at tackle evaporates if they trade for Williams. Otherwise, they need a developmental LT. PFF don't like Tega-Wanogho and he's got fairly short arms and injury concerns. I'd rather have Cleveland or Bartsch. 

They really do need a guard, so if they take a tackle prospect, they need to double dip at OL unless they think the tackle prospect can play LG as a rookie. 

• Like 1

Just now, Krauser said:

Also basically zero chance of a day 2 safety (unless they're trading Harris, which I don't think they will) 

Do we even have a 3rd safety on the roster? And with Harris on a tag it would make sense to set up a replacement.

• Like 3