2020 NFL Draft - Day Two Discussion

RpMc

9 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

No way I would give up pick 58 for Williams. Why would you expect to get more for Williams than the Patriots got for Gronk?

How about our LT, Reiff, and a 6th rounder?

The NFL gave Gronk back to Brady. You guys are the only team who missed out on a LT who where supposedly interested in one. That's why I brung my question here. I've always been on the side of not trading Williams unless it's for a 2nd round pick or higher. Dude is top 5 in protecting the QB, that has Vaule in itself in my book. I understand other's may disagree. 

I don't see Williams sitting out 2 consecutive seasons, so I'm fine with keeping him 1 last year to protect Haskins. Then next year looking for his replacement. Guys I would want at 58 are Trevon Diggs, Xavier McKinney, Tee Higgins, or Grant Delpit. 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

The NFL gave Gronk back to Brady. You guys are the only team who missed out on a LT who where supposedly interested in one. That's why I brung my question here. I've always been on the side of not trading Williams unless it's for a 2nd round pick or higher. Dude is top 5 in protecting the QB, that has Vaule in itself in my book. I understand other's may disagree. 

I don't see Williams sitting out 2 consecutive seasons, so I'm fine with keeping him 1 last year to protect Haskins. Then next year looking for his replacement. Guys I would want at 58 are Trevon Diggs, Xavier McKinney, Tee Higgins, or Grant Delpit. 

Great. Good luck getting him to play for your team.

I think that is a bluff that almost anyone would have a hard time calling.

Nice try.

I think that you and I both know that your team would be far better off with Riley Reiff and no picks than you would be with no trade.

Edited by Cearbhall

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

All these guys could be considered a little bit of a reach, they all fit but all are a little bit over drafted I feel especially Brooks and Igbinoghene not to mention Arnette.  By the way I had no idea Chris Carter was his dad, surprised one did not hear more about that through his college career.

Thought I heard this on the broadcast last night, but Cris Carter is not his father, just a mentor at Ohio State that recommended he not declare for the draft last year.

Just now, Cearbhall said:

Great. Good luck getting him to play for your team.

I think that is a bluff that almost anyone would have a hard time calling.

Nice try.

What player has sat out 2 consecutive year's without pay and just popped back into the league? William's sat out all last year due to nothing dealing with health or drug issues. It was Bruce Allen. 

I think New Management called Trent's bluff, but thanks for the feedback. 

Just now, Skins212689 said:

What player has sat out 2 consecutive year's without pay and just popped back into the league?

What player has done that and received a second round pick as compensation in a trade?

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

What player has sat out 2 consecutive year's without pay and just popped back into the league? William's sat out all last year due to nothing dealing with health or drug issues. It was Bruce Allen. 

Yeah, I don't think that Williams would pop back into the league after sitting out two years. There have been plenty of players that have retired over playing in a situation they didn't like. Williams would simply be a name to add to that list.

Williams isn't ever going to play for the Redskins again. That much is clear. He isn't looking to sit out another year then come back to the Redskins.

Now if you want to talk tade, let's talk Brandon Scherff. The Vikings are fine at LT with Reiff but need a lot of help at guard. I would give you Reiff and that second for Williams and Scherff. 

Edited by Cearbhall
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Now if you want to talk tade, let's talk Brandon Scherff. The Vikings are fine at LT with Reiff but need a lot of help at guard. I would give you Reiff and that second for Williams and Scherff. 

Now you're just talking crazy.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Yeah, I don't think that Williams would pop back into the league after sitting out two years. There have been plenty of players that have retired over playing in a situation they didn't like. Williams would simply be a name to add to that list.

Williams isn't ever going to play for the Redskins again. That much is clear. He isn't looking to sit out another year then come back to the Redskins.

Ive actually mocked that scenario with the Redskins.  I would be ecstatic if that happened

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Arguments can be made about skill level, contract weight, etc.... however, Kelechi Osemele and a 6th was traded March of last year to the Jets for a 5th round pick. Osemele may not have been as talented at the time, but he was still active in the league and it took both him and a 6th to make the trade work for a 5th rounder.

I don't see how Williams gets moved for more than a 4th round pick straight up, or a 5th round pick or later with an extra pick or a player. His contract cost and injury unknowns prevent his value from being worth a day 3 pick. 

6 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Now you're just talking crazy.

Yeah, responding in kind to the initial offer of Williams for our second. I don't expect him to see my offer much different than I see his starting offer.  But if he really wants to make a deal...

While I would trade Williams away for Reiff if I was them, as it is a win for both teams, there is no way I would trade away Scherff for a low second rounder if I was them unless I was convinced Scherff wouldn't sign a contract beyond this year.

Edited by Cearbhall
Add an adjective to describe the second round pick