Superduperman

Round 2, Pick 35: D'Andre Swift

Pumped about this guy. He's got it all. I was hoping for him since late last season, but was skeptical he'd be there in the 2nd or that the Lions would have the good sense.

Yeah, I thought they'd go RB in round 2. I like it. Add an OG in the 3rd round, and with Vaitai at RT, we should be running the ball this year.

BET RN HE DONEST GET 700 YARDS....COMBINED REC/RUSH AND UNDER 5 TDS

Well he was my #1 coming in to tonight and they drafted him so he’ll likely tank given my luck.

but really do like the kids talent 

He was my top rated RB that I expected to be gone last night. I’m happy with this pick. Him and Kerryon (Bo and Ty as well) could make night running depth. 

There’s about 10 players I would have preferred over Swift. Maybe more. Not the worst pick but definitely not what I would have done. 

I had two RBs on the board rated higher and about 7 players rated higher but I still like it.  We now have an element we've been missing at the RB position: Speed.  We need a guy that can get a house call anytime he breaks loose and I think Swift can give us that.

He can do everything else too, though. Run inside or outside, he's tough in pass pro (especially for his size), runs routes and catches the ball. His lower body is jacked and when I think of cats who are 5'8 and well over 200 lbs with strong legs... well, there's a couple who come to mind.

I'm as optimistic about this pick as any in Quinn's era. I feel like Swift can be what Jahvid Best could have been if he was thick enough to take some hits and didn't have a wonky brain.

5 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

He can do everything else too, though. Run inside or outside, he's tough in pass pro (especially for his size), runs routes and catches the ball. His lower body is jacked and when I think of cats who are 5'8 and well over 200 lbs with strong legs... well, there's a couple who come to mind.

I'm as optimistic about this pick as any in Quinn's era. I feel like Swift can be what Jahvid Best could have been if he was thick enough to take some hits and didn't have a wonky brain.

That’s high praise. Hope it works out like this.

6 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

That would be something special.

1 hour ago, Millenhater said:

That would be something special.

1 hour ago, Superduperman said:

wonky brain as in...brain trauma...which is been proven almost every RB gets a concussion a game...thats why no one pays them...NO ONE...

1 minute ago, NFL_Fan said:

wonky brain as in...brain trauma...which is been proven almost every RB gets a concussion a game...thats why no one pays them...NO ONE...

right... instead you draft a new one every couple of years and get their best seasons on the rookie contract.  you having trouble keeping up?

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

right... instead you draft a new one every couple of years and get their best seasons on the rookie contract.  you having trouble keeping up?

EXACTLY BUT NOT WITH YOUR TOP 3 ROUNDS